It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sophia the Goddess and Holy Spirit

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Parazurvan
a reply to: rickymouse

You must not be familiar with the Goddess of the Nag Hammadi scriptures.

She is as real as any God or Goddess.

Unrelated to the word Shaman entirely.
Shem is related to the word Shaman
Sem SemSem from Egypt.

But not Sophia.

Sofia is actually connecting to the collective consciousness of all life. It is a link, not really a goddess or god. It is a way of connecting to god. Jesus would have been a person filled with the Holy Spirit, or a direct link through sofia to god.

Maybe some cultures turned sofia into a god, but if you go back farther than you are showing it becomes pretty evident that sofia is a path. Sunnah is related to this also.

It all sort of appears to be connected. A way to the man is through the wife.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   

I guess we have a different perspective. I don't get in to that collective consciousness stuff.

I only want my consciousness and I don't want anyone connecting to it.

The Sophia I am talking about is the one from the Nag Hammadi scriptures.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Parazurvan

You don't have any choice, most of how we think comes from our subconscious, we do not even realize it controls us. The subconscious is linked to everything we have experienced in our lives and a link to other beings on this planet. We are all linked, whether we believe it or not. We sense life, our subconsciousness is constantly linking with it. Even the bacteria in our gut interact with our minds through chemistry.

Linking to others that are related or you are friends with is definitely possible. I have experienced way too many coincidences in my life to believe they are all coincidences anymore. The people in charge of society do not want us to know we are linked, they can't control us if we are working together, thinking being shared.

This is no different than the alpha males and alpha females found in nature everyone, they can control the perception of many people.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:37 AM
link   

I beg to differ. Lone consciousness here.

Collective consciousness is a think tank term passed on to the new age and refers to mass brainwashing.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

I have added a link up top to the List is Sophia if anyone would like to learn about Sophia.

Here is some more scripture featuring Sophia in many texts: Nag Hammadi scriptures

Are the Nag Hammadi scolls now scriptures? When did that happen?

Well the scrolls were always scripture so they didn't become scripture. They were written as scripture.

Not Christian scripture, in the mainstream sense.

But scripture nonetheless.

If you have a problem with this thread I am sorry but I have my beliefs and you have yours. I know you don't like it because you have been negative. Not rude or anything, just it is obvious you don't care for these scriptures.

So I don't see why you are in the thread, welcome though you are, you would only be contributing negativity if you continue.

But it is fine with me as I don't believe in stifling peoples freedom of expression even if it is in the form of questioning my beliefs.

Plato's Republic was in the jar. Just sayin'

A page of it. I don't see why that would be a problem I have read it it doesn't say anything bad on that tiny piece of it that you're talking about.

See for yourself. Tell me what you find problematic.

Platos Republic one page

Of course the "P'lato's Republic" section of the Nag Hammadi library is brief, the whole "library' was only 13 bits of papyrus.

Additionally, the section titled "Plato, Republic" in the Nag Hammadi papyrii, is also not actually the text of Plato's Republic but is a forgery, titled to fool the ignorant.

You still haven't explained why you would define it as scripture.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:47 AM
link   

I have added a link up top to the List is Sophia if anyone would like to learn about Sophia.

Here is some more scripture featuring Sophia in many texts: Nag Hammadi scriptures

Well the scrolls were always scripture so they didn't become scripture. They were written as scripture.

If you have a problem with this thread I am sorry but I have my beliefs and you have yours. I know you don't like it because you have been negative. Not rude or anything, just it is obvious you don't care for these scriptures.

So I don't see why you are in the thread, welcome though you are, you would only be contributing negativity if you continue.

But it is fine with me as I don't believe in stifling peoples freedom of expression even if it is in the form of questioning my beliefs.

A page of it. I don't see why that would be a problem I have read it it doesn't say anything bad on that tiny piece of it that you're talking about.

Platos Republic one page

Of course the "P'lato's Republic" section of the Nag Hammadi library is brief, the whole "library' was only 13 bits of papyrus.

Additionally, the section titled "Plato, Republic" in the Nag Hammadi papyrii, is also not actually the text of Plato's Republic but is a forgery, titled to fool the ignorant.

I am positive I owe you no explanation.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Platos Republic one page

And not interested in Plato, or your opinion about... anything.

But you can shout it to the world. When you have something positive to say maybe I will talk to you again. Definitely not until. Talk all the trash about the Nag Hammadi scriptures you want, it doesn't even bother me. You aren't going to tell me anything I haven't already heard. I think they are awesome no matter what.

edit on 28-5-2016 by Parazurvan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Padawan Parazurvan Googlemiser

Padawan Googlemiser, you still have not answered the question as to why you think Sophia is the Holy Spirit as opposed to Barbēlō who is the Holy Spirit of Pleroma and one of the Trinity of Gnostics which you greatly adhere.

Sophia is a Goddess no doubt, not denying that part of the mythology. She's been split in two, the Higher Sophia in Pleroma and the Lower Sophia who is material in the material universe and in hiding or captured by the Demiurge, don't know where she is now in that mythology will have to read up on it again but couldn't be bothered at the moment. To hung over and tired.

Remember Padawan Googlemiser, this is your thread. Failure to answer negates the reason for the thread and will be closed down as a result of incompetence of the thread creator.

Coomba98... sorry.

Summers Eve.
(Your female friendly companion).

edit on 28-5-2016 by coomba98 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Platos Republic one page

You would want explanation from me and others, if the situation were reversed. What I asked was in no way unreasonable nor should it be beyond your capability to provide.

Perhaps your reticence to provide an answer is an avoidance of personally reasoning through your beliefs.

I have faith that the neuroplasticity of the human brain means that if challenged sufficiently, you will develop the neural connections required.

You can become a reasoning creature!

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Mods, can you please close this thread off in the next 24 hours if Padawan Googlemiser does not respond to the question ask in his own created thread, and is obviously not going to respond and it is obvious this thread is nothing short of a hatred thread spawned to create drama in the vastly negative sense.

Im sure im not the only one who thinks this and this thread should have been stopped awhile ago.
(understand its an entertaining thread, however a thread created with the intent of spreading hated should be stopped regardless of the entertainment factor. Please don't delete the thread just close it so people can see Padawan's history of posting.)

Coomba98

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   

This Thread is disguised and is actually a hate thread, Im amazed that it was allowed to continue.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavmas

This Thread is disguised and is actually a hate thread, Im amazed that it was allowed to continue.

How is it a hate thread, I am the OP and have no desire to spread or participate in hate?

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

There is a saying Sophia is actually the wife of God.

In fact there was a thread that covered this idea.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There was a Goddess from ancient Canaan, Asherah, who was the wife of El. Later she was known as the wife of Baal/YHVH. But this was abandoned by the Israelites sometime during the Persian era.

She is sometimes seen as the bride of Christ, who is just below the unknowable Ineffable Aeon (God).

So she is in way you are correct.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Platos Republic one page

You would want explanation from me and others, if the situation were reversed. What I asked was in no way unreasonable nor should it be beyond your capability to provide.

Perhaps your reticence to provide an answer is an avoidance of personally reasoning through your beliefs.

I have faith that the neuroplasticity of the human brain means that if challenged sufficiently, you will develop the neural connections required.

Someone is lashing out in anger.

You got to get a grip on things. Your beliefs are no more rational than mine.

I'm still a Christian. I just don't like mainstream Christianity and prefer to combine what I feel is good from all faiths.

That is very rational, actually.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreael

Hey I got a nice quote from that link you gave me. From the book of Enoch:

"Wisdom (Sophia) is like rubies, of which the desires of man can not compare."

Roughly that is it, I took it from that threads OP.

Fits perfectly.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: coomba98
Mods, can you please close this thread off in the next 24 hours if Padawan Googlemiser does not respond to the question ask in his own created thread, and is obviously not going to respond and it is obvious this thread is nothing short of a hatred thread spawned to create drama in the vastly negative sense.

Im sure im not the only one who thinks this and this thread should have been stopped awhile ago.
(understand its an entertaining thread, however a thread created with the intent of spreading hated should be stopped regardless of the entertainment factor. Please don't delete the thread just close it so people can see Padawan's history of posting.)

Coomba98

Are you really gonna stoop this low, asking the Mods to intervene because I won't let myself be subject to harassment?

I actually have had some good conversations and you yourself, snitch that you're trying to be, have not asked me any questions and any mod should know you are starting trouble not me.

So you are proxy lie snitching because I won't play your game and you feel ignored.

But there are two things you can do with a pest, squash them or ignore them.

You are dishonest in the extreme saying I am spreading hate.

And you can look at my words if you need proof.

edit on 28-5-2016 by Parazurvan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

a reply to: Padawan Parazurvan Googlemiser

Padawan Googlemiser,

originally posted by: Padawan Parazurvan Googlemiser
Are you really gonna stoop this low, asking the Mods to intervene because I won't let myself be subject to harassment?

yup, they should be closing a whole lot of threads you create. Where your main intent is to abuse people with differing opinions as opposed to discussing like reasonable adults. Are you an adult? Padawan Googlemiser.

originally posted by: Padawan Parazurvan Googlemiser

So you are proxy lie snitching because I won't play your game and you feel ignored.

I don't feel ignored, your responding to me.

I do keep asking the same questions, as I know for a fact you cannot answer them without contradicting your massively confusing beliefs. Cause you know im right, right? Padawan Googlemiser.

Think of what other people are thinking when they see you ignore a good question based on facts that contradict your statements and beliefs.

So for the what seventh time I will ask again (and yes I know your going to ignore it which will show everyone that you don't really know what your talking about, so im fine if you ignore the question Padawan Googlemiser.)

'Padawan Googlemiser, you still have not answered the question as to why you think Sophia is the Holy Spirit as opposed to Barbēlō who is the Holy Spirit of Pleroma and one of the Trinity of Gnostics which you greatly adhere.'

Now ignore away and show everyone how little you know Padawan Googlemiser. Even though I am genuinely interesting in your answer.

Coomba98.. sorry.

Summers Eve.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Platos Republic one page

Someone is lashing out in anger.

You got to get a grip on things. Your beliefs are no more rational than mine.

I'm still a Christian. I just don't like mainstream Christianity and prefer to combine what I feel is good from all faiths.

That is very rational, actually.

You have only been a member of ATS for 12 days.

In that time, I have not actually outlined my beliefs and have only really been serially skeptical about the claims of yourself and others. The truth is, you couldn't really know about my beliefs, or the rationality of them, so I must assume that your suggestion that my beliefs are as rational as yours is without foundation in fact.

As I have demonstrated, there are particular and specific beliefs, that you have made posts about, that do not fare well under rational analysis. It is unlikely that I would hold such ridiculous beliefs but this is hardly the totality of what I believe.

I am actually a little unclear about your true beliefs as you have contradicted yourself several times - for instance your your support for gnostic concepts and pantheistic paganism - then you insist that you are a Christian?

And I'm not angry at all, this is a debate, a competition of reason, which I find interesting.

If you choose to not answer questions that challenge your opinions, then the majority of readers would make the assumption that you have no rational response.

The whole debate is over if one side does not respond.

edit on 28/5/2016 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

I didn't claim that I knew your beliefs, but It can be deduced that you are a Christian.

But I didn't specifically mention a religion I just said beliefs because all beliefs are faith with no visible proof.

So that means yours, whatever it is, is not more rational than mine.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   

a reply to: chr0naut

I didn't claim that I knew your beliefs, but It can be deduced that you are a Christian.

But I didn't specifically mention a religion I just said beliefs because all beliefs are faith with no visible proof.

So that means yours, whatever it is, is not more rational than mine.

Surely belief is 'trust, faith or confidence in something'. I am far more likely to believe things that have visible proof, and I do!

I also have belief in things that have no direct visible evidence, like natural selection as an evolutionary principal, or the laws of thermodynamics (we can see them in operation but we cannot be sure that they are the only case, as I, and others believe).

So your assumption (that my beliefs must be irrational) is another that has not been evaluated by reason.

edit on 28/5/2016 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join