It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sophia the Goddess and Holy Spirit

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: Parazurvan
a reply to: chr0naut

I didn't claim that I knew your beliefs, but It can be deduced that you are a Christian.

But I didn't specifically mention a religion I just said beliefs because all beliefs are faith with no visible proof.

So that means yours, whatever it is, is not more rational than mine.

Surely belief is 'trust, faith or confidence in something'. I am far more likely to believe things that have visible proof, and I do!

I also have belief in things that have no direct visible evidence, like natural selection as an evolutionary principal, or the laws of thermodynamics (we can see them in operation but we cannot be sure that they are the only case, as I, and others believe).

So your assumption (that my beliefs must be irrational) is another that has not been evaluated by reason.

Your assumption that I did not employ reason in my evaluation was incorrect.

You have a book, I have books, equal proof

Reason.

It doesn't matter that I have more scripture in my belief system because at the end of the day nobody really knows anything.

Hence the need for faith.

And I have Faith in Sophia/Wisdom.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:46 PM
link   

I didn't claim that I knew your beliefs, but It can be deduced that you are a Christian.

But I didn't specifically mention a religion I just said beliefs because all beliefs are faith with no visible proof.

Surely belief is 'trust, faith or confidence in something'. I am far more likely to believe things that have visible proof, and I do!

I also have belief in things that have no direct visible evidence, like natural selection as an evolutionary principal, or the laws of thermodynamics (we can see them in operation but we cannot be sure that they are the only case, as I, and others believe).

So your assumption (that my beliefs must be irrational) is another that has not been evaluated by reason.

Reason.

It doesn't matter that I have more scripture in my belief system because at the end of the day nobody really knows anything.

We both have books and you propose yours have more bulk. You are a master of reasoning.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Reason.

We both have books and you propose yours have more bulk. You are a master of reasoning.

Did I?, I thought I said that didn't matter because at the end of the day nobody knows nothing.

How you spun that into what you said I will never know but...well you are always makinglittle spiteful comments.

In the spirit of truth, those who focus so much on one individual and make comments like yours tend to be insecure. You don't have any reason to do it, you just have an axe to grind.

Personally, I have no interest in you or anything you say. I humor you to be polite but that even is becoming a chore because your whole purpose is to spread your intolerant point of view.

Cheap shot after cheap shot.

(post by Szarah removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   

You would be wise to take a tolerance class. I don't see any of your messages as anything other than an attempt to ridicule another's faith.

Can you quote me anything from the Bible that advocates intolerance?

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Szarah

You would be wise to take a tolerance class. I don't see any of your messages as anything other than an attempt to ridicule another's faith.

Can you quote me anything from the Bible that advocates intolerance?

You have it wrong, the Bible is not a book of 'political correctness'. It clearly opposes evil, which it describes with the word "sin", also supplying very clear functional definitions of what sin consists of.

Instead of me quoting pretty much the entire Bible in answer to your post, I suggest that you read the Bible. Start with the first book, Genesis, which lays out the basic concepts, then read one of the gospels. If you have a leaning towards the mystical, I would suggest the Gospel of John. If however, you like the technical, read the Gospel of Luke. This should only take a few hours and will give quite a good overview of the Bible. Of course, once you have those basics, you may wish to find out more, so I'd suggest that you go back and read the Old Testament books, then complete the New Testament books.

Back to response to your post: The chief intolerance of the Bible, the very first "commandment", is that following any God, other than YHWH Elohim, is sin. You can find this in Exodus 20:2-6 but here is a Wikipedia article on it.

Jesus, in the New Testament part of the Bible, in Matthew 5:17, said quite clearly that He "did not come to abolish the Law and the Prophets, but to fulfill them". This means that the Law, specifically law number 1, still stands.

The OP clearly contravenes the first of the Ten Commandments (although, all up, there are really 614 of these laws, the "top ten" are a good start).

So, I am intolerant of sin, too, as I should be.

edit on 29/5/2016 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   

I don't believe you.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   

And it is 613

The Bible is just a bunch of myths designed to control the naive. No offense, just my opinion.

I like my God better. He isn't a jerk.
edit on 29-5-2016 by Szarah because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   

I don't believe you.

I note that Parazurvan has been banned from ATS. Why might that be?

And suddenly, you appear and immediately spring to their defense in multiple threads (you are aware that everyone can see your post history). In your first exchange with Chester John, in one thread, your initial post in that thread after the Parazurvan logon was banned, you said "Why are you picking on me?" This is an obvious giveaway that you are Parazurvan.

My suspicion is that you are also the same person logging on with a new identity as you have done before (as: Gnosisfaith, Essene616, 33Iam666, 369elyon, Areyousirius360, Gnosisrisen, Rasalghoul, Myrhh, Merari, Esephech, Asherahel, Megacore, Caligula, SerapisChrist, Bezelel, Ophite, Amraphiah, Azzezza, Stringsatt, Tsuro, MetatronTheAeon, Heresiarch, Ameretat, ElementalFreeze, AmenTelestai, CapstonePendulum, StephenHope & SilentSage, to name a few).

If what I suspect is true, you also will be banned. It is only a matter of time.

You may not believe me, that is your prerogative, but the discussion of topic of the thread is not enhanced by your expression of disbelief. Nor is your credibility enhanced by deceptive behavior that is against the terms and conditions of the use of the ATS forums.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   

I think you have a little bit of a problem with someone. Or a lot of people who you think are the same person.

Either way I will leave you to your affairs.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   

And it is 613

The Bible is just a bunch of myths designed to control the naive. No offense, just my opinion.

I like my God better. He isn't a jerk.

Yes, 613 laws, I stand corrected.

However, If your god or goddess exists, and mine therefore doesn't, then all the things that have been said against YHWH Elohim actually apply equally to yours.

By not intervening and making all things right, when they have the power to do so, surely by your definition, wouldn't your god or goddess would be a jerk?

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   

I think you have a little bit of a problem with someone. Or a lot of people who you think are the same person.

Either way I will leave you to your affairs.

Firstly there is a glaring typo in my previous post which is now too late to edit. The last sentence should read: "By not intervening and making all things right, when they have the power to do so, surely by your definition, wouldn't your god or goddess be a jerk?"

With that dealt with, I'll respond:

I have more of a problem with people passing off untruths as truth, especially if one can apply analysis and reason to determine factuality or otherwise.

I cannot hope to reason against true faith, as a method it would be insufficient, but if someone claims 'a reason' for their belief, then the tool of reasoning seems apt for the analysis.

If the supplied reason is reasonable, I cannot see why I would not give the proposal serious consideration (though if I held equally valid but contradictory beliefs, I may choose not to leap in acceptance of the novelty).

It's how I roll.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   

I would have to answer in the negative. I believe that all things work out in the end. This is a short and temporary stop in the evolution of the soul. The next existence will more than make up for any suffering.

My God has never asked man to kill, accepted human sacrifice from a warrior in exchange for victory against a foreign nation, caused mass infanticide, delivered his people into slavery, commanded rape etc.

References are 11:32-40 Judges, man holocaust sacrifices own daughter per agreement with Jehovah.

Isaiah 13:15-26 rape (some translations tone down rape to ravish, it is still rape) ordered by Jehovah in addition the men and children are murdered, first actually.

These are facts. I am not misinterpreting or taking out of context a single thing. This is not your average topic at a Bible study and when I brought it up It was obvious that the man leading it was pissed and he didn't even answer. He just said he didn't know. Know what? It is what it says and is gross.

edit on 30-5-2016 by Szarah because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   

You might not like the agenda of this link I picked up from another thread last night, but the scriptures are all supplied so you can check other bibles and whatnot.

Jehovah atrocities

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   

I would have to answer in the negative. I believe that all things work out in the end. This is a short and temporary stop in the evolution of the soul. The next existence will more than make up for any suffering.

My God has never asked man to kill, accepted human sacrifice from a warrior in exchange for victory against a foreign nation, caused mass infanticide, delivered his people into slavery, commanded rape etc.

References are 11:32-40 Judges, man holocaust sacrifices own daughter per agreement with Jehovah.

Isaiah 13:15-26 rape (some translations tone down rape to ravish, it is still rape) ordered by Jehovah in addition the men and children are murdered, first actually.

These are facts. I am not misinterpreting or taking out of context a single thing. This is not your average topic at a Bible study and when I brought it up It was obvious that the man leading it was pissed and he didn't even answer. He just said he didn't know. Know what? It is what it says and is gross.

Your god has never been recorded as doing anything. Your god demands nothing and gives nothing. If your god was true and then suddenly ceased to exist, your situation would be exactly the same. Yet, by reasoning, we can see that if your god does exist, then that god is responsible for all the evil that has, or will be done in the world. Stuff which could be prevented but they didn't. At least YHWH has a reason for allowing our evil to persist.

The sacrifice of Jeconiah's daughter was NOT in agreement with God. God had nothing to do with it. It was due to a boast by Jeconiah, who stupidly killed his daughter rather than loose face. The whole book of Judges is about the degeneration caused by abandoning God's absolute statutes and using value relativism as a standard. The repeated phrase from the book of Judges is "they all did what was good in their own eyes" and it led to all sorts of obscene acts like Jeconiah's and worse.

And the verse from Isaiah is a prophecy of what the Medo-Persian and Chaldean-Babylonian empires were about to do to each other in war. Neither of those empires were likely to know of, or care about, the prophecy prior to it coming to pass. It was NOT an instruction from God nor would they have listened if it was.

Despite your denials, you are consistently taking things out of context and not thinking things through. You have a brain, use it.

edit on 30/5/2016 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

You might not like the agenda of this link I picked up from another thread last night, but the scriptures are all supplied so you can check other bibles and whatnot.

Jehovah atrocities

Just because something is recorded in the Bible doesn't mean that God did it or ordered that it be done. The Bible is a historical record, not a politically correct "book of niceness".

I have looked at several of the points that the website you linked to makes. Most are invalid, taken out of context, using overly emotional language and say nothing like what the website claims. There are, however, a few points that are legitimate.

But here's the thing: there are consequences for doing evil! God punishes evil. In the Bible it says that all the good people will be rewarded and all the bad will be punished. It says it a lot.

You might not want to face it but you will be judged for every unjust angry response, every exaggeration given to mislead someone, every time you misled someone for personal gain, every time you took possessions valued by others and that you were neither given nor earned. Every time you were spiteful or jealous. You will be judged. Every religion has similar concepts.

It is like karma with God as the scorekeeper.

... and you can only either be found guilty or you can be forgiven because you cannot claim innocence.

Even Plato reasoned things out and thought it impossible for any human to escape the consequence of their sins.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   

If it says God ordered it, but he really didn't, then I question the character of the authors for lying.

And that makes it NOT a historical record, if it says God ordered it, but he didn't. Because it isn't accurate or history.

And to say that God punishes evil is cool. He also causes it. And is recorded by the prophets as saying so himself, good and evil, but evil nonetheless.

Which makes Jehovah a hypocrite.

And what kind of people dream up stories of God accepting and even ordering human sacrifice, genocide, and mass rape?

Not the type of people who I am going to believe about God. Either they are perverted liars or Jehovah makes Satan look like a pretty good guy.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Szarah

You must have missed the part where Jehovah tells Isaiah that he is stirring up the Mede's, the eventual rapists that he knows about in advance, against (to do this to)Babylon. Its in the sentence immediately following the reference I gave you.

And Jephthah had the spirit of Jehovah descend on him right before he has the urge to ask him for this deal. You must have missed that too. His victory is granted, he kills his daughter. No punishing the evil of Jephthah because it was sanctioned. Also Jehovah doesn't punish evil he causes it.

So Jehovah did order it, in the same fashion as he hardened Pharoahs heart.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   

If it says God ordered it, but he really didn't, then I question the character of the authors for lying.

And that makes it NOT a historical record, if it says God ordered it, but he didn't. Because it isn't accurate or history.

And to say that God punishes evil is cool. He also causes it. And is recorded by the prophets as saying so himself, good and evil, but evil nonetheless.

Which makes Jehovah a hypocrite.

At no stage did God convey any message to Jephthah. Not at all.

Also, a little technical thing, Judges does not use the name "YHWH" but instead uses "The Lord (of Lords)" or Adonai (a title, not a name) when speaking about God.

So, no, it doesn't "make Jehovah a hypocrite", it makes Jephthah a fool, doing things that are the opposite of the statutes that God established.

edit on 30/5/2016 by chr0naut because: I used the wrong name!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join