It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charlotte Observer: Girls must overcome ‘discomfort’ of seeing ‘male genitalia’ in locker ro

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: ExPatRat

Would you like to know more?

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 01:21 AM
link   
when i first moved to los angeles my friends took me on a drive to skid row, the first thing i noticed was a gentlemen on the sidewalk taking a dump in a plastic bag before getting dressed for the day.

perhaps we should all follow his example instead of arguing about it so much.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 01:27 AM
link   
So ... essentially, this is what we know to this point ...

The OP cites a sensationalist Washington Times article about what the Charlotte Observer actually said in the editorial.

(I've edited out what some consider a rude reference to the fact that the ultraconservative TImes is owned by the Unification Church of Sun Myung Moon.)

Because: obvious agenda.

The Obama ADMINISTRATION (specifically the Departments of Education and Justice) authored a letter to school districts in response to questions for legal guidance from many regarding TITLE IX compliance.

This is not a "new law" or an "Obama law" or anything of the sort.

The only "new laws" at stake in this whole ridiculous "Pee Police" fiasco are the ones installed by North Carolina, Mississippi and others that are specifically targeting an incredibly small minority of Americans, invading their privacy, and demeaning them ... and the most obvious reason for that is the butthurt Christian Fundamentalists in these State legislatures that got their ignorant, backwater tails handed to them in Obergefell and subsequent legal decisions that have kept them from treating other Americans like second-class citizens.

Let's at least get the facts "straight" here, shall we?
edit on 20-5-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Removed "Moonie" reference

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

This Obama bathroom thing is another from the communist playbook.

The "bathroom thing" started with laws passed by conservatives about who can use what bathroom.

And he finishes it with a fed mandate for the whole USA?

Was this even a thing last week?

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
I think you have to do some serious maneuvering to make this a conspiracy.

It's an Equal Rights issue.

So the feminists are totally ok with men walking around their locker rooms and such?

Was this their idea of equal rights? Hang out in the men's room?

lol. Hey Annee, you gonna try it?

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 02:02 AM
link   
The underpinning of the Administration's guidance letter did not originate "last week":

... the administration is following growing court consensus that Title IX covers trans people in its prohibition of sex discrimination. A 4th Circuit ruling on the matter from April is the most recent and important in a series of decisions supporting this interpretation. (Slate Magazine)

which refers to an earlier Slate article ...

In a landmark ruling, the 4th Circuit Court of Appeals held on Tuesday that federal law bars public schools from denying trans students access to the bathroom that aligns with their gender identity. The 2–1 decision afforded deference to the federal government’s interpretation of existing law to protect trans students from discrimination. Under that interpretation, the court held, public schools cannot exclude trans students from the bathroom.

... which refers to this actual court decision ...

LInk to the Actual 4th Circuit Decision
edit on 20-5-2016 by Gryphon66 because: noted

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 02:06 AM
link   
these people sound like pedophiles. if I was sitting next to a man, and he said something like this, I would probably kick the crap out of him.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 02:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain
these people sound like pedophiles. if I was sitting next to a man, and he said something like this, I would probably kick the crap out of him.

You'd try. You might get the crap kicked out of you. Which would be embarrassing because it would likely be done by someone in heels.

EDIT: This was intended as a somewhat lighthearted and ironic response.

I would like to point out that Trans* folks are no more likely to be pedophiles than any other group.
edit on 20-5-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 02:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

You'd try. You might get the crap kicked out of you. Which would be embarrassing because it would likely be done in heels.

If a guy said to me, or intimated, that little girls should get used to the idea, of seeing penises in bathrooms...there would be problems

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Transgender or not, straight or not, gay or not.

If ANY man, said that in my presence, he would most likely eat his teeth.

This has gone too far

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 02:14 AM
link   

You'd try. You might get the crap kicked out of you. Which would be embarrassing because it would likely be done in heels.

If a guy said to me, or intimated, that little girls should get used to the idea, of seeing penises in bathrooms...there would be problems

And there likely should be ... but that's specifically not what the Charlotte Observer said in the editorial.

I would think that the last thing a Trans* woman would want to do, to anyone much less a child, is to invade their privacy as theirs is being invaded by the NC/MS style of Pee Policing laws.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 02:16 AM
link   

a reply to: Gryphon66

Transgender or not, straight or not, gay or not.

If ANY man, said that in my presence, he would most likely eat his teeth.

This has gone too far

Well, again, that's not what the editorial said, so it shouldn't be a problem

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 02:20 AM
link   

This is conditioning for pedophilia.

These Pedo laws won't be around when Trump gets in. The liberal loons are leaving a trail of destruction to clean up as they retreat in defeat.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

These Pedo laws won't be around when Trump gets in. The liberal loons are leaving a trail of destruction to clean up as they retreat in defeat.

Hmmmm ... except that's not what Mr. Trump has said ...

Trump is right on Transgender Bathroom Opinion - CNN

The billionaire said Thursday on the "Today" show on NBC that, "There have been very few complaints the way it is. People go, they use the bathroom that they feel is appropriate. There has been so little trouble, and the problem with what happened in North Carolina is the strife and the economic punishment that they're taking. So I would say that's probably the best way.

Of course, he walked it back a bit a little later and started babbling about States Rights ... but he is still in favor of protecting Trans* rights ...

But everything else Trump said in the interview sounded like he actually supports transgender people. He made the segue in a line denying that trans protections were a civil rights issue: “I don’t view it as civil rights or not civil rights. I think it’s something where we have to help people — and hopefully the states will make the right decisions.” The Post summarizes that Trump “repeatedly said transgender people should be protected under the law.” He even seemed understanding of why it’s become a big issue. “You’ve got to protect all people, even though it’s a tiny percentage of 1 percent. I think from that standpoint, [states] should come up with a policy that’s going to work for everybody and protect people.”

ThinkProgress - Donald Trump’s Incoherent Position On Transgender Protections

So it may not be such a slam-dunk for bigotry even if somehow he does win the Presidency ...

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 02:27 AM
link   

the Charlotte Observer editorial board compared the discomfort of school-aged girls seeing male genitalia in locker rooms to the discomfort of white people being around black people in post-segregation America.

Talk about a cluster#. I actually hesitate to say anything on all this stuff for concern over it being some joke. Some blacks might find the quote offensive, the Jews will be brought into it as a rhetorical prop, Jews will be mad, and then the Coming occurs. Or 2nd Coming, depends, you know?

And the "male genitalia" would be from a trans girl. Meaning, the other girls in the locker room are homophobic. Simple really. And makes them probably sexist...somehow er another~

And "~" = "." for all the punctu-normative people out there or for any grammar Nazis~

....crap, sorry Jews, if offensive.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 02:47 AM
link   
This is what was actually stated in the Charlotte Observer editorial

That leaves the issue of privacy and the oft-stated notion of women and girls sharing bathrooms and locker rooms with someone who has different genitalia. It’s an image that’s uncomfortable even for some who are sympathetic to the transgender cause.

The administration’s letter addresses that uneasiness head on, at least with regards to schools. The letter includes a 25-page attachment detailing “emerging practices” at U.S. districts that already are supporting transgender students. Along with policies on issues such as dress codes and transgender student records, the document provides examples of how districts address the privacy needs of all students in bathrooms and locker rooms.

In Washington state, guidelines urge schools to provide all students access to an alternative restroom or changing area. In New York, one principal determined that students could be given more privacy by having curtains installed alongside benches in locker rooms. In Kentucky, one district offered both curtains and private changing areas, plus separate changing schedules for students wanting privacy.

The measures follow a simple premise: Offer those who are uncomfortable a chance to be comfortable, but give choice to everyone instead of taking it away from some.

Notice that the editorial, like the actual letter from the Departments of Education and Justice, support the idea that facilities be organized to support the privacy concerns of EVERYONE INVOLVED.

It's just not about justifying or approving "showing penises to children:" that is just a stupid, bold-faced lie.

This is the actual context of the quote that was mangled and refabricated by the Washington Times (and several in this thread).

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Wait till the libtards start telling kids that its ok to have sex with a child molester. And that they have to get over it because thats what that person thinks he or she needs to do. They cant help themselves. Neither can rapists which is what the libtards are telling people in Europe about the muslims. Dont make them rape you stay at home and cover up! Its your fault!

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 03:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: texasyeti
Wait till the libtards start telling kids that its ok to have sex with a child molester. And that they have to get over it because thats what that person thinks he or she needs to do. They cant help themselves. Neither can rapists which is what the libtards are telling people in Europe about the muslims. Dont make them rape you stay at home and cover up! Its your fault!

One wonders why so many wingnuts seem to fantasize about pedophilia.

I don't think it's "da libtards" you need to worry about.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 03:22 AM
link   

The billionaire said Thursday on the "Today" show on NBC that, "There have been very few complaints the way it is. People go, they use the bathroom that they feel is appropriate. There has been so little trouble, and the problem with what happened in North Carolina is the strife and the economic punishment that they're taking. So I would say that's probably the best way.

Of course, he walked it back a bit a little later and started babbling about States Rights ... but he is still in favor of protecting Trans* rights ...

So it may not be such a slam-dunk for bigotry even if somehow he does win the Presidency ...

There is no way in hell parents are going to allow their little girls in school showers and changing rooms with penises hanging out all over.

Trumps landslide is going to be epic thanks to Obama and liberal fanatics. This will screw over Hillary so bad that Trump only has to show up with a heartbeat to win, no work required to match the famous Clinton get out the vote machine.

Trump will just say Trans kids will need special teachers to oversee special physical education locker rooms, and they can have their own special bathroom or go to the one that matches the anatomy they are born with. Problem solved, oh and let the States implement it. Then he will move on to real issues.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 03:26 AM
link   

There is no way in hell parents are going to allow their little girls in school showers and changing rooms with penises hanging out all over.

Good. That's not what any of this is about. That sounds like some kind of sick repressed fantasy on someone's part.

Trumps landslide is going to be epic thanks to Obama and liberal fanatics. This will screw over Hillary so bad that Trump only has to show up with a heartbeat to win, no work required to match the famous Clinton get out the vote machine.

Yeah, yeah, folks said the same thing about the McCain Landslide and the Romney Landslide. Trump is still disliked by 60 or more percent of likely voters in the November election.

Trump will just say Trans kids will need special teachers to oversee special physical education locker rooms, and they can have their own special bathroom or go to the one that matches the anatomy they are born with. Problem solved, oh and let the States implement it. Then he will move on to real issues.

So, now you know what Trump is going to say? LOL.

What he said was is that everyone, including Trans* folks, deserves equal protection.

That doesn't exactly square with the gleeful garbage you were TRUMPeting earlier.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join