It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charlotte Observer: Girls must overcome ‘discomfort’ of seeing ‘male genitalia’ in locker ro

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 12:14 AM
link   
This is just getting weird. I started out being a bit more "open-minded" about the whole trans thing than I am now. I feel like I'm being pushed in the other direction, and my sympathy is waning.

This entire thing just reeks of government provocation & destabilization tactics. Ever think about the beginning of the Civil Rights movement and women's suffrage? In the beginning at least, the government and the establishment stood in direct opposition to those movements. They fought against the civil rights activisits. That's part of what gave those earlier movements their legitimacy, IMO. The government tried to snuff them out? Then their cause was probably a good one.

But look at the situation now. Our government is pushing this thing full-blast, hardlined and brazen. It makes me extremely suspicious. I refuse to believe that the government has just now become the "good guy", when that has basically been the case...... never.

Maybe I'm wrong here, and if so, I will stand up (or type a post about it, rather, since I don't talk about this stuff outside the Internet) and admit it when the time comes. For now, I don't trust this thing one bit.

Think I'm gonna stop posting in these topics.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I think you have to do some serious maneuvering to make this a conspiracy.

It's an Equal Rights issue.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Talorc

Exactly, the target of the protection is too small of a group.

It has to be intentional.

I wouldn't be scurred posting though.

Be the frog that chokes out the bird eating him.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

The gov probably does, lucky for me if they go that direction I'm a man the world is my urinal, stay thirsty my friends.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   

You might find an explanation here: The Truth About North Carolina's Bathroom Bill

thefederalist.com...

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

It's about as equal as a sumo wrestler and a three year old squaring off for who gets dinner tonight.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Talorc

women's suffrage

I'm still embarrassed and a little proud of this story.

I was taking a constitutional law class (I think, I've told this story before and can't remember the class). The teacher was a cop, great guy, on the Sheriff's SWAT team.

So I took a test, and made a smart ass comment when I couldn't remember the right answer. I walk in late to the class at our next scheduled time (after the test) and he's cracking up reading my answer, points to me and I got a lot of laughs and some angry glares.

The question:

What was the right of women to vote?

Couldn't think of the answer, so I wrote in Opening Pandora's Box.

I turned beet red, and the class was pretty raucous so the glares turned into laughter too.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

I'm spitballing here..

What .001 trans students per school and policy that effects all the rest, whom are actually real?.

Something is behind the push, and it isn't the 7 transvestites in school.

I think this smells like a real conspiracy.

If I called Cleo, she would be like

"Um, you need to move buddy, Jamaica is nice."

Idk, we will see.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Isn't she in prison?

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

You might find an explanation here: The Truth About North Carolina's Bathroom Bill

thefederalist.com...

THIS is the truth about North Carolina's "bathroom bill".

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

They have phones in jail...
But...
If this is all so OK...Shouldnt we see coed jails and bathrooms for them also?

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   
If you had ever read any of the communist takeover handbooks like our president has been following step by step, you would discover the reason behind why they are actually doing these things. I see you have swung the opposite direction of the norm though, and by that I mean that no one has ever even conceived of using the wrong bathroom before, but now it is somehow an equal rights thing? Give yourself a break and face reality.

Or don't, but know this, no matter how you try and justify it being "okay" or normal, or a rights issue, all the people who still think for themselves aren't falling for it, and can literally see right through it for what it really is. It's a divide and conquer issue, is what it actually is.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   
LGBT rights for Star Trek. That's what's going on. It's one small step, one giant leap for mankind. Someday when we're traveling the cosmos we'll examine these historical time periods and wonder why it was so much trouble for them. Equal rights and opportunity and so on are all common place in the future. You can understand the people in the future will be puzzled by us.

I know. 400 years maybe, or more. We can't appreciate all of it and we're stuck in this present time period with all of its moors. Just think about the children. They will live in a better place, without the pains we're familiar with. They will discover things we don't know we don't know. They might ride gliders in the clouds of Titan or live in low earth orbiting cities, gazing down at Earth on its nightside--as commonly as we see the sun rise in the morning. Who knows where they'll live, but they'll see and consider things not in our science fiction yet.

If you think about all that, your fears will relax. It's not unfailing, but if it helps me it's bound to help somebody else to cope.
edit on 5/20/2016 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Isn't she in prison?

Yeah, wow.
From a random article...

Then, in February of 2002, the bottom fell out. The Federal Trade Commission filed a complaint against Cleo and the Psychic Readers Network, alleging that they made over $1 billion by employing a host of shady tricks, including misrepresenting the nature of the “free” readings offered, failing to make required cost disclosures in ads, and threatening to report negative information to credit bureaus should a caller refuse to pay, among other misdeeds.

Not sure where she's at now, but should probably be in prison.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Talorc
This is just getting weird. I started out being a bit more "open-minded" about the whole trans thing than I am now. I feel like I'm being pushed in the other direction, and my sympathy is waning.

Don't feel bad. 8 years ago, I was as liberal as they come.

I never thought for a minute that my mind could be changed.

But it did, taking pride in being "open minded" is fine. It just took me a while to realize that my "open mind" was being used against me. That people use your tolerance all too often for their own advantages. Then when you finally make a stand for yourself, you will discover just how much they really thought about you. When they guilt you back into their sway.

That is why this topic is important. These are kids. Kids have no freaking idea who or what they will be in twenty years. I just know that the more of them have their heads screwed with by this preposterous idea of full spectrum equality, then less of them will actually make it that twenty years.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freija

originally posted by: queenofswords

thefederalist.com...

THIS is the truth about North Carolina's "bathroom bill".

You are listening to the wrong one

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 12:54 AM
link   
If I was a tranny, I wouldn't want this legislation. It is turning them into targets.

Good intentions (psh) or not

Peace out, bedtime for me.

I trust you guys will get this problem solved before Monday.

Keep it how it is supposed to be. Boys in the Boys room, girls in both, I am good with that.

Have some and breath on you Uber driver for me.
edit on 5 by Mandroid7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I got a question. Why legislate something that if no one paid attention to it wouldnt be a issue? This is a play for votes people. Republicans are pissed their boy didnt get the Nom. So now its lets sink the whole damn ship.

And also. Transgenders(one si know) do not like letting anyone see their sex at all. How hard is it to enforce a if you look female you go in the womans and if you look male the mens.

Oh yeah this bill is sexist too. What about the men? what about their right to not see a ugly vagina? or seeing a hot chick and then noticing she has a penis? Its a unbalanced law and discriminates. The supreme court will strike this down and I hope they also impose fines on each state doing it.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 01:02 AM
link   

A bishop of the catholic church i assume? Yeah lets just ignore that hypocrite.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bobaganoosh
This makes me think about the shower scene in Starship Troopers.

I only wish people were being told to get over themselves so we could all join the Mobile Infantry and fight the bug scourge across the galaxy.

But this is real life. No bug scourge, just a bunch of parasites with some superiority complex telling people to ditch their long held social norms.

Good stuff.

Or the locker room in Robocop.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join