It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican and S. American Airlines Offering Free Flights for Immigrants to Get to U.S. Border

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I mean, is this real? How the hell are we suppose to get the truth anymore... the world is going backwards fast and the media isn't helping.

Source

Cuban immigrants are being offered 30% discount airfare prices for adults and free airfare for children under 11 by Copa Airlines and Mexico’s Global Air to Juarez, Mexico for those wishing to cross over into the U.S. 2,500 Cubans have already taken advantage of this promotion to cross into El Paso, TX, while 1,300 more are awaiting flights. A charity organization known as Diocesan Migrant and Refugee Services have supported the endeavor by arranging family housing around the Texan-Mexican border for the immigrants.

How is this happening meanwhile our government is prosecuting Iraqis and handing out huge sentences for helping Christians flee genocide from the Middle East?

Can anyone confirm or deny this with more info/ better sources?

Also before you post I'm not interested in your bi-partisan politics or one liner star getting rhetoric, or any of the other responses that are not fact based and backed up with more info so we can get to the truth.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Also before you post I'm not interested in your bi-partisan politics or one liner star getting rhetoric, or any of the other responses that are not fact based and backed up with more info so we can get to the truth.

Well, There goes your thread....

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: BestinShow

Yeah I realize this is going.to be tough to actually factually get to the truth but it's possible.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Wow that is crazy. Maybe the military should park an Avenger near the boarder.

iTruthSeeker

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Anybody speak Spanish?

Call these two outfits and ask.

Copa Airlines and Mexico’s Global Air

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Click-bait title. The first sentence says that adults get a 30% discount while children are free. The title makes it sound like they're giving out free tickets like hot cakes.

Also, these are not illegal immigrants we're talking about here but legal ones. There's a huge difference.

I thought America was the land of opportunity and inclusivity? Are we now going to be like North Korea where we don't allow anyone in from outside of our borders?

This reads like propaganda to me, a lot of people won't read the article and just read the title and take it at face value.

This comes after President Barack Obama and his administration have been conducting policy to restrengthen ties with the communist nation of Cuba.

And of course there is the "blame Obama" section reserved for Conservative hit pieces. If they try to blame Obama then you can be sure they have an agenda.
edit on 5/19/2016 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

We can't just take in 7 billion people and expect everything to be ok.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   
"We take care of our own" comes to mind.

I mean, I get my clothes washed and pressed at White Way with a steep discount due to my ethnicity. I have no issue with this.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   

I wasn't aware we were going to take in 7 billion people, the article gives a number of 3,800, that's a far cry from 7 billion. Where are you getting this 7 billion from?
edit on 5/19/2016 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Doing a quick search seems legit.

CNN article from Janurary.

www.cnn.com...

Five Central American countries and Mexico inked an agreement last week that will help thousands of stranded Cuban immigrants make their way to the United States. The group of Cubans, about 8,000 at the latest estimate, had been stuck in Costa Rica for weeks after Nicaragua closed its borders to them.

Why are so many Cubans trying to get to the U.S.? The idea of 8,000 new immigrants showing up at America's doorstep sounds like a large number. But experts say it's in keeping with a trend they've observed.

history is any indication, the Cuban immigrants will be welcomed once they set foot on American soil. The Cuban Adjustment Act of 1966 grants special privileges to Cubans, clearing some of the hurdles people from other countries face when immigrating. "Even if they arrive illegally, they are admitted into the United States, and after a year and a day they are granted a green card," Rosenblum said. "They are the only country in the world that enjoys that privilege."

edit on 19-5-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   
So some companies are doing what companies do which is to make money I think it's good marketing pitch now crossing the border is something that the customers need to figure out for themselves which won't be easy.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Amazing quote but we live in a rapidly changing world with variables humans have never experienced before.

We need to move into the future carefully.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Well, this country was started by immigrants and will always accept immigrants. What's your problem with them?

(post by BooCrackers removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Noa reply to: Swills

I'm not interested in having this ridiculous discussion with you.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   

If that's true, the sane response would be to prohibit any business from those into the U.S. Of course, in this upside-down nation, the government would likely praise them, and offer free whatever.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Also, these are not illegal immigrants we're talking about here but legal ones. There's a huge difference.

How do you know that? Can you prove that any taking advantage have plans to enter legally?

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   

What do you expect when you keep posting propaganda? Then when you ask for proof and are given it, you completely ignore it. So what is the point in trying to discuss anything with you?
edit on 5/19/2016 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

How do you know that they have plans to enter illegally? If they want in bad enough they'll find a way to get in, discounted flights or not.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

What are they going to do find jobs and apartments to live in Juarez?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join