It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American College of Pediatricians Says Reject Transgenderism

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freija

originally posted by: Teikiatsu
So I'll take that as a no? As a biological woman who thinks she's a man you don't know what it feels like to be a man?

Or are you a biological man who thinks he's a woman? Sorry,no offense. It can be a little confusing.

Maybe you need a gender therapist?

Stop projecting or distracting or avoiding. Every time you do it convinces me more and more that people who claim to be transgender don't know what they feel.

I know you don't care what I think, but I will honestly be able to tell other people how a person claiming to be transgender could not answer a simple question about how they feel.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: Teikiatsu

So what is you point? How are the religious folks making it worse?

Easy.

Who brought this to attention?
Has it been a problem for years?
Who are screaming danger?

Apparently it isn't news to anyone that trans, perverts and pedo's sneak into the opposite gender bathroom. So the answer would be in order: no one special, apparently, parents and spouses.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Easy.

Apparently it isn't news to anyone that trans, perverts and pedo's sneak into the opposite gender bathroom. So the answer would be in order: no one special, apparently, parents and spouses.

I think you behave very childishly.

Can you translate that into a mature response?

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Easy.

I think you behave very childishly.

Can you translate that into a mature response?

I reject your premise.

Did that translate?

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   

So I'll take that as a no? As a biological woman who thinks she's a man you don't know what it feels like to be a man?

Or are you a biological man who thinks he's a woman? Sorry,no offense. It can be a little confusing.

Maybe you need a gender therapist?

Nevermind, I found it. You were born a biological/genetic male, and around 6 years of age you began to feel like you were actually a female.

So back to my question. Do men who think they are women believe they know exactly how women feel, think, behave, react, etc? That in all ways they are truly female minds trapped in male bodies?
edit on 17-5-2016 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Nevermind, I found it. You were born a biological/genetic male, and around 6 years of age you began to feel like you were actually a female.

So back to my question. Do men who think they are women believe they know exactly how women feel, think, behave, react, etc? That in all ways they are truly female minds trapped in male bodies?

You would have to ask men.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   

So now I'm 3/3 from self-proclaimed men who think they are women who will not answer the question.

This is why conservatives and liberals can't have a conversation. I reject the liberal rhetoric/language that has been hijacked to describe their paradigms, and liberals refuse to answer a simple question that is laid out as close to their reality as possible.

Gender is not a social construct. That's reality. Gender = sex = biology. Liberals have deluded themselves with fancy-sounding theories from so-called experts with a lot of letters after their names into thinking differently.

So I am left with the result: No, people who think they are transgenders do not know how it feels to be the gender they claim to be, because they can't answer a basic yes/no question.

Thanks for that. Good night folks.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Gender = sex = biology.

You have left out the intersex people.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   
as " bathrooms " - or more specificaly toilets seems to be a very prominent theme of this thread

can someone explain coherently what the point of going into an opposite sex // gender toilet is [ for nefarious purpose ]

seriously ?????

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   

So now I'm 3/3 from self-proclaimed men who think they are women who will not answer the question.

This is why conservatives and liberals can't have a conversation. I reject the liberal rhetoric/language that has been hijacked to describe their paradigms, and liberals refuse to answer a simple question that is laid out as close to their reality as possible.

Gender is not a social construct. That's reality. Gender = sex = biology. Liberals have deluded themselves with fancy-sounding theories from so-called experts with a lot of letters after their names into thinking differently.

So I am left with the result: No, people who think they are transgenders do not know how it feels to be the gender they claim to be, because they can't answer a basic yes/no question.

Youre not getting it. We have always been female in mental gender so we woudnt know how to answer that. you have to ask a normal male. Is that simple enough for you?

(post by Annee removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   

You're so cute! (And so sadly lost)

Whoa there missy! Pointing a lot of fingers there and slinging some words around pejoratively with a pretty broad brush there, aren't you? What makes you assume I am a liberal and I haven't brushed up on my rhetoric lately so maybe I should?

Gender is not a social construct. That's reality.

Hey, maybe we agree on something, however, there are certain aspects of gender that are undeniably social constructs.

Gender = sex = biology. Liberals have deluded themselves with fancy-sounding theories from so-called experts with a lot of letters after their names into thinking differently.

So if you woke up with a vagina and breasts tomorrow, what do you call the part of you that still thinks you are a man? Hmm? Would that be called your sense of gender? Those "so-called experts" and even regular folks recognize this as gender identity. It's really not "fancy-sounding" and you don't really have to be an expert or rocket scientist to understand this but your willful ignorance tends to blind you to things you don't want to see or acknowledge.

Your question is ridiculous. Is how you feel the way that all men feel, think, behave, react etc.? Do you have little get-togethers to decide on man rules or just how does that work out? Is the way one woman feels, thinks, behaves, reacts the same as all women or do you think that all women have exactly the same experience of being women. When you have thoughts and feelings, do you stop to think if they are gendered thoughts and feelings. Does your brain go "must not think like woman - must think like man" assuming you think and don't just blindly troll every transgender thread with the same tired argument on auto-pilot?

So no, I can't speak for "exactly how women feel, think, behave, react, etc.," because I can't speak for all women and certainly have never made the claim I could nor have I ever claimed to be "trapped" in anything. I'm sorry that I don't fit your narrative either while although having male body parts when young, I've never had the personality, identity or things we observe as gender of a boy and I've sure as hell never been or lived as a man plus I've been sexually functional as a female for 2/3's of my life so in your grand scientific analytical survey, I'm a statistical outlier and you're going to have to ask someone that is actually transgender.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   

*cough* Confirmation Bias *cough*

Why should anyone accept your personal definition of gender?

According to you, gender=telepathy. Talk about delusion.

As if all women think and feel exactly the same. By your logic, how does any woman know she "feels like a woman"?

(Should we ask Shania Twain? LOL.)

You have isolated an important point: you have an opinion.

Gratz.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Gender dysphoria is clearly a mental illness and is in fact defined as such by the American Psychiatric Association in the DSM-5 if certain criteria are met.

Actually, it is not defined as a mental illness in DSM-5.
www.dsm5.org...

Dysphoria is not a mental illness.

Ehh all your source talks about is changing the name from disorder to dysphoria, not that it isnt a mental illness..

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: Atsbhct

It has been designated a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center for its anti-LGBT positions.

So one hate group accuses another group of hate. That sounds about right.

I don't think the Southern Poverty Law Center is a hate group.

I think the SPLC is clearly a hate group and in fact uses their power to bully, intimidate and harass those that don't agree with them.

Sounds like a hate group to me.

Who does the SPLC hate if they're a hate group? Their agenda seems to be to fight hate and discrimination.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: ketsuko

I find it amusing how as this fake debate rages on, the potential society upending threat has been winnowed down to men walking into women's locker rooms.

It's like conservatives are stuck on the plot of some campy 80's movie.

What laws were on the books this time last year that prevented men from entering women's locker rooms that have been circumvented by this "giant loophole" you speak of? I'm pretty sure that loopholes require laws to exist in the first place. How would these laws even be enforced?

Are we going to have frantic calls to 911 about suspected interlopers?

"She says her name is Anne Coulter and that she's a female but I just... I just can't be sure. Her hands are huge. Please send help quickly! Society is in immediate danger of being upended."

What a Transgender thinks.

*Drops Mic*

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Maybe you should wake up and check your sources.
Second.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 03:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimbo999
a reply to: kaylaluv
Proof? Try Googling it. It was a big news story in the UK just a few weeks ago.

The only thing I can recall recently was a storm in a teacup from a backbench Tory MP about a gender survey in Brighton. It got about five minutes on a talk show on the radio.

Maybe you can refresh my memory?

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Actually.....

lmgtfy.com...
lmgtfy.com...

Your personal definition means nothing.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Depends on how you want to view them.

If you have conservative views then they hate you.

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join