It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American College of Pediatricians Says Reject Transgenderism

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: NotTooHappy
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Maybe you should wake up and check your sources.
Second.

Are you saying that anything in the OP was incorrect? Except for my opinions? Isn't the "American College of Pediatricians Says Reject Transgenderism" a fact? Just because you don't like them doesn't make that incorrect.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 05:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Miracula2

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
What do YOU think?

Hormones are for adults. Sexual surgery is for adults. And parents shouldn't psychologically condition their kids opposite to nature.

And I would add to that...they require a psychological evaluation also. I believe they do that for sex changes, but I'm not sure about hormones.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 05:47 AM
link   
This needs to be moved to the LOL section. A small organisation of 60-200 right wing conservatives masquerading as a legitimate medical organisation belongs elsewhere.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 06:01 AM
link   

sigh - the headline is accurate , the ACP does say " reject transgernderism "

but so what ???

the ACP are religious nutjobs [ < polite version ]

and thier " rejection " of transgenderism is not for any valid medical m scientific or logical reason

its because of thier ideology

get over it

here is something else the ACP opinines on :

abstinance untill marriage

yup - they go WAY beyond any issue of peadiatrics - this is religious dogma

they also oppose co-habitation amongst ADULTS - so much for peadiatrics

read thier position statements - it a list of religious moralities - NOT medicine or science
edit on 18-5-2016 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

originally posted by: Metallicus

Gender dysphoria is clearly a mental illness and is in fact defined as such by the American Psychiatric Association in the DSM-5 if certain criteria are met. I am not sure why we are supposed to cater to these people.

You have a catering business and you must cater to a transgender party? I bet they tip well, you should feel lucky

However, if you really DO have a catering business, you must cater to a transgender or gay party or you get fined

I will happily pay the fine.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

The American College of Pediatricians is a small right wing conservative group. They have from 60 to 200 members.

Try the American Academy of Pediatrics.They have 60,000 pediatricians as members. I think they have some different views.

lol, love how the OP thought he had some serious proof and it was debunked so quickly

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Been a while since I posted on here, mostly because I am trying to die in peace without the noise and mostly because I am so medicated these days I don't know what day it is (the joys of being old).

This is a pretty serious topic I think, one that should be discussed without prejudice but I think there are some serious misconceptions. While I do not claim to be an expert I do claim to be an old fart so I have seen the world change enough to recognise the patterns and habits of people.

One thing I really want to clear up is my personal view is that the whole LGBT (or GLBT as it was known) takes all of these personal choices and lumps them under one label not differentiating the types and forcing people to not see the differences (and there are differences).

Homosexuality for example is a choice, but one that has roots in the psychological mind so we can say "they are born that way" or "they made a choice later in life" either way its a personal preference and we should not judge anyone for that provided they do not suddenly try to dictate how the rest of the world should live, act and behave (which is pretty much what is going on right now but rant for another time...).

Then you have those in the middle, like the Transgender folks who also made a choice, but I disagree that they are "born in the wrong body" or don't feel like a man/woman. Yes the subject has been around since the dawn of time but you have to remember one fundamental difference:

They did not have advanced surgical techniques and drugs like we have in this day and age (with the aforementioned celebrity-level doctors who perform such work).

I class transgender choice in the same light as tattoos, body piercing and body modifications - its a choice the person makes not this obfuscated bollox we are hearing about how its something all the whole chemical, biological or some other reason.

Simple fact is as our society is changing, advancing and more and more differences are being greyed out resulting in identities like "boy" and "girl" being lost (just take a look at fashion and the false prophets pandering these ideas the singers and actors) we are breeding more and more confusion amongst people.

Where you were eventually able to identify yourself to a particular type of group and define your image now its blurred and not so obvious making it harder to have a defined choice so these people make another choice something in between and end up being all the whole like a bad Frankenstein experiment.

Self awareness takes a long time, some times, take me for example I am only now fully aware (or mostly) of who I am, I have accepted myself for all my faults, weaknesses and strengths, sometimes my moments of brilliance (far and few between) but most importantly I know who I am and I am the way I was meant to be, because at a spiritual level I believe we already define who we are and how we will model ourselves in the physical reality as human beings.

Again this could be countered and some people will say "yes but what if they are transgender at a spiritual level" - sorry but that's just wrong. It's a choice, get over it the same way I might one day walk out and think ***** it I am going to get a great big nose ring and holes in my ears, at my grand old age, just for #s and diazepam kicks; It's still a choice not a result of my inner self wanting to have a nose ring but being stuck in a "normal old guys body".

I feel sorry for the next generations, really, they have got such a screwed up world to grow up in, at least from the 50's to the 90's stuff mostly made sense and the movies and music was pretty damn cool.

When you're old and your body is failing you, trust me you barely have time to care if "you're in the wrong body" or how you look and how you want to be, its irrelevant at that point because we will all die soon and turn to dust, that I can promise you!

Peace.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: dismanrc
a reply to: amazing

Depends on how you want to view them.

If you have conservative views then they hate you.

So, now it's hate to tell the truth about what someone believes, says, what they stand for etc.?

I'd guess your comment says more about the sad state of what passes as "conservativism" in 21st century America than anything about the SPLC.

EDIT: For the record, I do believe that we have culturally overused the terms "hate group" and "hate crime" ... as many of these groups are not advocating for violence or other crimes against minority groups ... however, calling such entities "Groups Promoting Rampant Ignorance and Fraud" just doesn't have the same kick.

edit on 18-5-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: ketsuko

I find it amusing how as this fake debate rages on, the potential society upending threat has been winnowed down to men walking into women's locker rooms.

It's like conservatives are stuck on the plot of some campy 80's movie.

What laws were on the books this time last year that prevented men from entering women's locker rooms that have been circumvented by this "giant loophole" you speak of? I'm pretty sure that loopholes require laws to exist in the first place. How would these laws even be enforced?

Are we going to have frantic calls to 911 about suspected interlopers?

"She says her name is Anne Coulter and that she's a female but I just... I just can't be sure. Her hands are huge. Please send help quickly! Society is in immediate danger of being upended."

What a Transgender thinks.

*Drops Mic*

Were you totally surprised to find a trans* person who espouses standard right-wing rhetoric?

LOL.

You might also be surprised that there are also Americans who are gay, Black, Latino, lower and middle income White and Women who also support politics that are not in their own best interests.

Every demographic has outliers.

*puts mic back on stand*
edit on 18-5-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: old_god

You are a funny sweet old man and thanks for posting your views, very insightful.

My question is ... why do people have to identify with a group? Male / Female / black / white?

Why cant we just all identify as people, and care and want the best for everyone?

I think there has been a lot of progress made from your times growing up. Womens rights, Afro-American rights, legalization of pot and now Transgender and LGBT rights. I think its only getting better on the political front.

However, some people want to take it backwards...anti-abortionists, religion in school, segregation of transgenders. Is that where you think we should go? Backwards?

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

You are a funny sweet old man and thanks for posting your views, very insightful.

My question is ... why do people have to identify with a group? Male / Female / black / white?

Why cant we just all identify as people, and care and want the best for everyone?

I think there has been a lot of progress made from your times growing up. Womens rights, Afro-American rights, legalization of pot and now Transgender and LGBT rights. I think its only getting better on the political front.

However, some people want to take it backwards...anti-abortionists, religion in school, segregation of transgenders. Is that where you think we should go? Backwards?

None of us would dare to argue with a sweet old guy "drugged up just waiting for death," eh?

Making a comment about archaic attitudes toward human rights and equality "dying out" just seemed a bit too crass.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freija

originally posted by: Butterfinger
Sorry, had to add that, I dont think you're crazy FWIW.

I don't think you're an asshole either. Sorry, had to add that.

RAWR! Thank you for responding

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Some of the meanest people i have known have been "nice old men" I don't know if you are though specifically.

Being old one tends to get set in their ways and basically most people say screw your opinions or research because im old. I can claim to know Transgenders are not born that way because IM OLD. see where im going with this? Its not your fault you are a product of your time and as such can be excused on some things.

Heres the problem though. its the attitude alot of our lawmakers and public officials hold. Its that alot of old people cannot or wont learn to be flexible and accept new data because after a certain age it becomes too hard to change.

Hope you feel better than not in the future though.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
Can someone tell me why this whole transgendered thing is such a big issue? When other things are going on in the world? That are far more important. I'm just not understanding the fuss at all.or is this a case of first world problems being treated as major life or death issues

It's a big issue because people are using Political Correctness to dumb down the population into accepting immoral values. The sooner people realize this, the sooner we can move on to those bigger issues with our heads actually being over our shoulders and not inside the clouds.

That is why I focused somewhat into topics like exposing trolling & PC which is one & the same. Hopefully people see who is who, which will allow them to focus on the real perpetrators at the top of the pyramid.

*coughs * george Soros *coughs* Rockefellers *coughs* Rothschilds

Until then , Viva La Distraction.

As for the topic in the OP. Seems accurate to me

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: OpenMindedRealist
The Hippocratic oath is supposed to make sure doctors recognize the need for caution, but apparently that's not much of a concern anymore.

And a lot of doctors no longer sign it because it's outdated and unrealistic with the advancement of procedures.

True, but they have updated it, and most do swear under the updated version.

patient.info...

The classical Hippocratic Oath has been summarised as: "A solemn promise: Of solidarity with teachers and other physicians. Of beneficence (to do good or avoid evil) and non-maleficence (from the Latin 'primum non nocere', or 'do no harm') towards patients. (In fact the well-known "first do no harm" phrase does not feature in the classical Hippocratic Oath.) Not to assist suicide or abortion. To leave surgery to surgeons. Not to harm, especially not to seduce patients. To maintain confidentiality and never to gossip."

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I know a guy who was miserable as a man and underwent full reassignment surgery
Guess who is still miserable as a woman?
I think many people who believe themselves transgender are looking for something to blame for their lack of happiness on that is ultimately unrelated to the issues that grieved them previously.

Do I agree with the Pediatricians?
Absolutely, childhood is difficult enough without having to deal with sexual issues that shouldn't even arise until puberty.
edit on 18-5-2016 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
I think many people who believe themselves transgender are looking for something to blame for their lack of happiness on that is ultimately unrelated to the issues that grieved them previously.

That's why the process of transitioning takes several years and is supervised by medical and psychological professionals.

I'm sorry for your friend; it doesn't sound like being trans* is the locus of their unhappiness, however.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

Do I agree with the Pediatricians?
Absolutely, childhood is difficult enough without having to deal with sexual issues that shouldn't even arise until puberty.

SO youre taking 200 or so over 60,000 or so professional opinion? The 200 are who the OP is referencing. They are also a right wing group.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: SoulSurfer

It's immoral to have a different gender identity?

How so?

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   
As the point continually seems to be missed by some, the group "American College of Pediatricians" (60 or so members) is formed by Joseph Zanga, a past president of the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), in order to protest the AAP's support of gay couples adopting children and now fronts for a typical slate of right-wing political positions.

Zanga, the ACP's founder, describes his organization as one with Judeo-Christian, traditional values that is open to pediatric medical professionals of all religions who hold true to the group's core beliefs: that life begins at conception; and that the traditional family unit, headed by an opposite-sex couple, poses far fewer risk factors in the adoption and raising of children.

Catholic Exchange

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join