It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American College of Pediatricians Says Reject Transgenderism

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Oh look.

At just how utterly ridiculous American politics has become.

Where bathrooms is a pressing 'concern'.

I totally agree this is all a First World Problem.

I'm not concerned about people who can't admit what gender they are through basic observation. I'm more concerned about heterosexual perverts and/or pedophiles that will attempt to take advantage of well-intentioned liberal policies.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: MysticPearl
a reply to: Gryphon66

Do you even live in America?

Just about every last restaurant, cafe, business, school, gym, has a male and female bathroom. The unisex bathrooms are "one at a time" bathrooms. That is not a coed bathroom or locker room.

A coed bathroom or locker room is what you'll see in a country like Germany, where men, women, families alike all change in and use the same facilities, together.

As for the danger involved, I don't really see it. But America as a whole does since they've split up genders for the most part all along.

So I ask again, if you see no danger, why aren't you campaigning for coed bathrooms and locker rooms across the board, the only equal solution for everyone?

I answered your question; you're still avoiding mine.

I ask again. If free male access to public bathroom facilities where women and girls are present is the real danger in allowing trans* folk to use the appropriate room for their gender, why aren't you and the others promoting your agenda losing your mind over Family Restrooms and Unisex Restrooms?

Because:

1) Those doors lock
2) Those rooms hold one person/family at a time

Are you sure? Have you checked every Family Bathroom and Unisex Bathroom in the country?

What was it you said earlier??? We'll wait while you do.

3) Those rooms are not group locker rooms or showers

And the argument against Trans*folk accessing the approriate facility for their gender are not limited to group locker rooms or showers either.

If the concern is Possible Male Access to Bathroom Facilities used by Women and Girls ... (which of course, we both know is not the real issue here) then you need to be protesting Family and Unisex Bathrooms.

Male access, after all, is the issue.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Do you have a problem with Trans* folks using the bathroom appropriate to their gender?

I don't have to explain my self to anyone.

I have a problem with people making up words.

Back to sewing an orange peel on an apple.

Amazing some people just don't grasp that.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   

I'm more concerned about heterosexual perverts and/or pedophiles that will attempt to take advantage of well-intentioned liberal policies.

That's the crux of the argument, isn't it? Believe it or not we liberals do understand your concern. We don't want perverts in bathrooms either!

The irony here is that by bringing up and pressing this issue from the far right Fundamental Christians actually endangers women and children.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Yes, I have actually.

(Because you'e shown how naive you are :p)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
The irony here is that by bringing up and pressing this issue from the far right Fundamental Christians actually endangers women and children.

This should be good. Why? Are you suggesting this is putting ideas in people's heads?

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   

It was never an issue for years until they brought it up. And they bring the attention to this.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

Really not interested in more silly attempts at back-door ad hominem. Please leave that crap out of discussion with me if you want it to continue.

What are the "rights of the majority" that are being infringed on again?

I stated above I have no problem with co-ed/unisex facilities. I don't care how you wish to try to define or twist that into something else.

I will state that I have no issue with more private "public" bathroom facilities, etc. We're apparently in agreement on that.

As to your string of questions that are repetitive and pointless ... no comment.

This would all be much much easier if we could all just use the bathroom we feel is right for us and stop trying to patrol other people's pants, right?

Then ... no need to redesign all American bathrooms as you seem intent on.

Easy. Peasy.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Yes, I have actually.

(Because you'e shown how naive you are :p)

/shrug

I'm still not the topic.

PS: Your estimation of me is of amazingly trivial concern. But thanks for posting it over and over and over.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   

That's funny.

You've attempted to redefine "coed bathrooms and locker rooms" and meaning "unisex bathrooms".

My questions are completely fair and on topic, you're just throwing a bit of a tantrum as it's inconvenient for you.

You don't realize you still don't get it by suggesting

This would all be much much easier if we could all just use the bathroom we feel is right for us and stop trying to patrol other people's pants, right?

where I'm suggesting the solution isn't to have a choice of which bathroom or locker room to use as there'd by one, for all.

If you want to continue in this conversation without being flagged for trolling, you should show an ability to stay on topic and respond to people's words, not whatever dialogue you're fabricating within your own head.
edit on 17-5-2016 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   

It was never an issue for years until they brought it up. And they bring the attention to this.

That's your angle? Newsflash, perverts and pedophiles were sneaking into bathrooms too.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Back to main topic.

To trans-advocates still on this thread:

So a person who thinks they are transgender believes they know exactly how a person of the opposite gender thinks, feels, reacts, believes, etc... in all matters, right? Because in their minds they *are* that opposite gender.

Simple question, yes or no.

I'll check back in a bit for responses and compile the yes/no. Please no expositions.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   

That's your angle? Newsflash, perverts and pedophiles were sneaking into bathrooms too.

You actually think we're that dumb not to know that?

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   

So a person who thinks they are transgender believes they know exactly how a person of the opposite gender thinks, feels, reacts, believes, etc... in all matters, right? Because in their minds they *are* that opposite gender.

I'll check back in a bit for responses and compile the yes/no. Please no expositions.

Your question is poorly formed and doesn't lend itself to yes or no answers.

Honestly, I have no idea how the opposite gender thinks. Men have always confused the heck out of me.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

You may want to check the topic of this discussion.

The pomposity of threats are particularly humorous in that regard.

Other than that garden variety attempts to restate my arguments are ... Just ... Boring.

Flag away, friend. I'm glad to let my comments both on and off topic stand on their own.

Are you?
edit on 17-5-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   

You actually think we're that dumb not to know that?

So what is you point? How are the religious folks making it worse?

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freija

Your question is poorly formed and doesn't lend itself to yes or no answers.

Honestly, I have no idea how the opposite gender thinks. Men have always confused the heck out of me.

So I'll take that as a no? As a biological woman who thinks she's a man you don't know what it feels like to be a man?

Or are you a biological man who thinks he's a woman? Sorry,no offense. It can be a little confusing.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   

So I'll take that as a no? As a biological woman who thinks she's a man you don't know what it feels like to be a man?

Or are you a biological man who thinks he's a woman? Sorry,no offense. It can be a little confusing.

Maybe you need a gender therapist?

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   

So what is you point? How are the religious folks making it worse?

Easy.

Who brought this to attention?
Has it been a problem for years?
Who are screaming danger?

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpenMindedRealist

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: OpenMindedRealist
The Hippocratic oath is supposed to make sure doctors recognize the need for caution, but apparently that's not much of a concern anymore.

And a lot of doctors no longer sign it because it's outdated and unrealistic with the advancement of procedures.

They don't sign it because they don't want to acknowledge the responsibility that comes with being a medical doctor. There's no other logical reason.

I think that's a really stupid response.

Have you read the oath?

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join