It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American College of Pediatricians Says Reject Transgenderism

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
"Co-ed" bathroom facilities have existed in American public places FOR DECADES.

Co-ed facilities are a choice... People choose to be in a co-ed facility.

Normally in universities the students by floor decide if they want to be in a by gender restroom, or in a co-ed restroom.

Government mandating "coed bathrooms/locker rooms" is not an individual choice. The individual cannot choose, they are mandated to accept it. Big difference don't you think?
edit on 17-5-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Just in trying to divert the topic? We're going fine on our own actually.

Is that like with EVERYTHING going on in the world, and country.

People are talking about 'transgenders'.

Like there's not MORE pressings concerns for the MAJORITY?

Give it up already.

Had enough of MANUFACTURED 'issues'.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Do you even live in America?

Just about every last restaurant, cafe, business, school, gym, has a male and female bathroom. The unisex bathrooms are "one at a time" bathrooms. That is not a coed bathroom or locker room.

A coed bathroom or locker room is what you'll see in a country like Germany, where men, women, families alike all change in and use the same facilities, together.

As for the danger involved, I don't really see it. But America as a whole does since they've split up genders for the most part all along.

So I ask again, if you see no danger, why aren't you campaigning for coed bathrooms and locker rooms across the board, the only equal solution for everyone?
edit on 17-5-2016 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

"Co-ed" bathroom facilities have existed in American public places FOR DECADES.

Co-ed facilities are a choice... People choose to be in a co-ed facility.

Normally in universities the students by floor decide if they want to be in a by gender restroom, or in a co-ed restroom.

Going into any public restroom is a choice.

Now, explain to us why men in a restroom with ladies isn't a problem with Family and Unisex facilities but it is horrifying when Trans* folk are allowed to use their appropriate facility.

The problem, you state, is male access to public bathroom facilities where women and children are.

Explain the contradiction to us.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Oh yeah we're getting tired of the far right Fundamental Christians making issues up like this. They are sore losers in the gay marriage and they've decided to attack the transgender people because it's election year.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

Just about every last restaurant, cafe, business, school, gym, has a male and female bathroom. The unisex bathrooms are "one at a time" bathrooms. That is not a coed bathroom or locker room.

A coed bathroom or locker room is what you'll see in a country like Germany, where men, women, families alike all change in and use the same facilities, together.

As for the danger involved, I don't really see it. But America as a whole does since they've split up genders for the most part all along.

So I ask again, if you see no danger, why aren't you campaigning for coed bathrooms and locker rooms across the board, the only equal solution for everyone?

I answered your question; you're still avoiding mine.

I ask again. If free male access to public bathroom facilities where women and girls are present is the real danger in allowing trans* folk to use the appropriate room for their gender, why aren't you and the others promoting your agenda losing your mind over Family Restrooms and Unisex Restrooms?

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: OpenMindedRealist
The Hippocratic oath is supposed to make sure doctors recognize the need for caution, but apparently that's not much of a concern anymore.

And a lot of doctors no longer sign it because it's outdated and unrealistic with the advancement of procedures.

They don't sign it because they don't want to acknowledge the responsibility that comes with being a medical doctor. There's no other logical reason.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Just in trying to divert the topic? We're going fine on our own actually.

Is that like with EVERYTHING going on in the world, and country.

People are talking about 'transgenders'.

Like there's not MORE pressings concerns for the MAJORITY?

Give it up already.

If you have ... why are you in a thread about Trans* issues trying to drum up ... whatever it is you're working on?

If you're so tired of the issue ... don't read about it. And shure as shoot don't post about it, so you'll have to think about it EVEN MORE ...

seems like basic logic to me, Neo ...

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Oh if you really want to talk about basic 'logic'.

When a person has got to go.

They GOT TO GO.

Where any 'restroom' will do.

Thanks for playing.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   

They GOT TO GO.

Thanks for playing.

I agree. It doesn't really matter what little symbol is on the door, does it?

Gotta go, gotta go.

Business needs doin'

I see we agree completely, Neo.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Trust me, our personal conceptions of each other's abilities are not the issue here. Try to stay on topic.

And, hint: I am not the topic.

Tip: stop using 'we' if you don't want to be part of the topic

We get to use the bathroom that fits our gender, the same as you do.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

So you are actually supporting transgender people? I'm surprised to be honest.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   

They GOT TO GO.

Thanks for playing.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

Trust me, our personal conceptions of each other's abilities are not the issue here. Try to stay on topic.

And, hint: I am not the topic.

Tip: stop using 'we' if you don't want to be part of the topic

We get to use the bathroom that fits our gender, the same as you do.

LOL .. thanks for your (off-topic) "tip" but the topic is the topic (Faux Pediatricians) and that is not Me or We.

And, general disclaimer, despite your authoritarian core values, you don't dictate the rules for other ATS members.

Jus' sayin'

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Oh look.

At just how utterly ridiculous American politics has become.

Where bathrooms is a pressing 'concern'.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Oh look.

Really surprised that I actually agree with you!

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

I answered your question; you're still avoiding mine.

I ask again. If free male access to public bathroom facilities where women and girls are present is the real danger in allowing trans* folk to use the appropriate room for their gender, why aren't you and the others promoting your agenda losing your mind over Family Restrooms and Unisex Restrooms?

Because:

1) Those doors lock
2) Those rooms hold one person/family at a time
3) Those rooms are not group locker rooms or showers

Kinda silly question, actually.
edit on 17-5-2016 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Oh look.

Do you have a problem with Trans* folks using the bathroom appropriate to their gender?

If so, why?

(Bathrooms are not the topic here ... but wth.)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   

That's not my agenda. You either completely fail to read basic English or are ignorantly putting words in my mouth and making assumptions.

I've said all along the problem with transgendered using the bathroom of their choice is that it infringes on the rights of the majority given the current American landscape.

I've also said all along I'd be a proponent of full on, coed bathrooms and locker rooms and tossing the male/female bathrooms and locker rooms into the garbage, through and through. Why? Because I've experienced it working without issues in Europe and it's the only fair solution to appease everyone and protect all rights.

There is nothing more equal than saying, we're all human, we all use the bathroom so we all use and change in the same bathrooms and locker rooms.

BTW, you never answered my question. You said you're in favor of unisex bathrooms which by American standards are "single occupancy" bathrooms. One at a time. Are you in favor of ditching male and female bathrooms and locker rooms across the board, across businesses, across schools and gyms? Are you in favor of one group shower for men and women at your local gym? Are you in favor of one locker room at your local HS where all boys and girls change together? Are you in favor of every business having a single bathroom, which women use next to men using urinals? Essentially, are you in favor one one bathroom and locker room period, no distinction of male vs female and putting an end to multiple bathrooms and locker rooms in every establishment across America?

That's the only solution for equal rights for all.

edit on 17-5-2016 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   

(Bathrooms are not the topic here ... but wth.)

You can blame me for that LOL. Sorry!

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join