It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago Public Schools Now Forcing Students To Use Requested Transgender Pronouns

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: Annee

a reply to: Annee

So a little kid slips up and calls a trans a he when it wants to be called a she.....kid gets suspended from school, receives a tarnished record, never gets accepted to the college they want to attend, all because a trans kid got the power to punish their peers.

Your pet agenda is not going to pass go, not going to collect 200 dollars.

I'm pretty sure anyone who's trying will be treated with kindness.

It's all in the intent and attitude.

There's that liberal mindset.
The world is all unicorns and rainbows.

No, facts.

This directive excludes inadvertent slips or honest mistakes in the use of preferred names or pronouns. However, the intentional or persistent refusal by students or school staff to respect a student’s gender identity (for example, intentionally referring to the student by a name or pronoun that does not correspond to the student’s gender identity) is a violation of these Guidelines, the Student Code of Conduct, and Comprehensive Non-Discrimination, Title IX and Sexual Harassment Policy. Such violations will result in appropriate consequences for offending staff and students. cps.edu...

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: Brotherman

First make a coherent post before we can reply to you.

You had an easy time reading what I wrote to make a response, thanks for this.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Yeah we've replied to schizo's posts many times here.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 12:55 AM
link   

What does that mean? Are you inferring I have a mental disorder? I am not sure I am grasping the point here.

link   

So a little kid slips up and calls a trans a he when it wants to be called a she.....kid gets suspended from school, receives a tarnished record, never gets accepted to the college they want to attend, all because a trans kid got the power to punish their peers.

Your pet agenda is not going to pass go, not going to collect 200 dollars.

I'm pretty sure anyone who's trying will be treated with kindness.

It's all in the intent and attitude.

There's that liberal mindset.
The world is all unicorns and rainbows.

No, facts.

This directive excludes inadvertent slips or honest mistakes in the use of preferred names or pronouns. However, the intentional or persistent refusal by students or school staff to respect a student’s gender identity (for example, intentionally referring to the student by a name or pronoun that does not correspond to the student’s gender identity) is a violation of these Guidelines, the Student Code of Conduct, and Comprehensive Non-Discrimination, Title IX and Sexual Harassment Policy. Such violations will result in appropriate consequences for offending staff and students. cps.edu...

Yup, they want to get rid of all the teachers who refuse to go along with their madness, thanks for showing the evidence yet again. Liberals want to control the child's development to conform to their version of what society should look like. The first step is get rid of the teachers and replace them with their own kind. The Nazis did the same thing.

link   

If an individual with a reasoning brain says, "Bruce can change his name to Caitlyn, shoot up hormones, get breast implants, grow his hair long, paint his nails, and apply makeup, but my sense of reasoning tells me that he is still a 'he' complete with a penis, and I'm not going to enable the psychological fantasy he has that his gender is female"...we are all supposed to shame that person and force that individual to use language that for him/her is a lie!?!

edit on 16-5-2016 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman

What does that mean? Are you inferring I have a mental disorder? I am not sure I am grasping the point here.

There's no law to ban them from demeaning you and quite hypocritically it is exposing their double standards. So much for kindness, they have no warm and fuzzys for you.
edit on 16-5-2016 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   

I apologize. I get people confused. Transgender people are real.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

They are indeed real, I just have a hard time swallowing transgender children. People don't believe a kid when it complains about monsters under their bed why do people reinforce the notion that their kid needs its penis removed and hormone injections etc.? Then on top of that they push this in schools (yeah schools filled with children) I just do not understand that.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   

There it is. That's your problem. "reinforcing".

And why are you talking penis removal?

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Because it is a factor in some cases of transition apparently, it may not be the largest demographic but is probably the most drastic next to facial reconstruction and is a result of transgender people. Starting this at child hood will probably end up somewhere in that realm by adulthood. Hope I am being coherent enough for you.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Talking about people when they're after 18 years old?

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

If an individual with a reasoning brain says, "Bruce can change his name to Caitlyn, shoot up hormones, get breast implants, grow his hair long, paint his nails, and apply makeup, but my sense of reasoning tells me that he is still a 'he' complete with a penis, and I'm not going to enable the psychological fantasy he has that his gender is female"...we are all supposed to shame that person and force that individual to use language that for him/her is a lie!?!

Gender is in the brain.

Surgery is not required to be transgender.

As I posted earlier, maybe you missed it, there has been effort to get gender neutral pronouns into the English language for quite some time. Long before any discussion of transgender.

Why so vehemently against it. What does it hurt to evolve language?

The precise history of the Spivak pronouns is unclear, since they appear to have been independently created multiple times, each time likely without knowledge of the previous. The first recorded use of the pronouns was in a January 1890 editorial by one James Rogers, who derives e, es, and em from he and them in response to the proposed "thon". In 1975, Christine M. Elverson of Skokie, Illinois, won a contest by the Chicago Association of Business Communicators to find replacements for "she and he", "him and her", and "his and hers". Her "transgender pronouns" ey, em, and eir were formed by dropping the "th" from they, them, and their. (See 'em.) The article that first reported the pronouns treated them as something of a joke, concluding with the line, "A contestant from California entered the word 'uh' because 'if it isn't a he or a she, it's uh, something else.' So much of eir humor." en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

So, if a person with a penis demands that you call him a 'her' because that is how he/she identifies psychologically, and another person believes (without malice) that anyone with a penis is a male and that you are enabling a false idea by calling him a 'her', which person is to be punished?

Even your word choice reflects your intense bias. Person A (with a penis) "demands" and Person B in this insipid hypothetical acts "without malice."

If there's no malice, then what is Person B's motivation?

Let's use this same scenario but with some other notions that Person A might have about herself that Person B feels compelled to dissuade:

What if Person A thinks that she's beautiful but Person B thinks that Person A is ugly? Would it be appropriate for Person B to point out to Person A that she's actually quite hideous — in a school or workplace?

What if Person B thinks that Person A has had one too many relationships? Would it be appropriate for Person B to call Person A a slut — in a school or workplace?

How about if Person B thinks that Person A is fat? Should Person B take every opportunity to make sure that Person A knows that she's fat — in a school or workplace? Would you come on ATS and make ridiculous claims about how Person B was just looking out for the health of Person A?

I'm assuming that if a coworker were to constantly tell you that you were a fat ugly slut, you'd probably have a problem with that. You'd likely consider it harassment. Using your own argument, you should just accept that other people have an inherent right to harass you in a workplace as long as their beliefs about you are sincerely held.

In this particular case, we're talking about children in schools which is even worse than a workplace because kids can't "just go find another" school to escape their tormentors, can they?
edit on 2016-5-16 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Fundies are too slow to understand. What is puzzling is how their minority is controlling the majority. I think they are scared of Trump.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Talking about people when they're after 18 years old?

At the very least when they can make their own decisions, and schools should not have anything to do with it to positively or negatively reinforce. They should let it be but instead intervention by the fed, it is sick.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Fundies are too slow to understand. What is puzzling is how their minority is controlling the majority. I think they are scared of Trump.

There's only so many comments I can read on Fundie sites.

I feel like intelligence is being insulted.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Nobody is "positively" or "negatively" reinforced here. You have been taken by the fear from the far right.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 01:20 AM
link   

You missed my point in using the words 'without malice'. I used them not out of bias, but to clarify in my hypothetical that the person wasn't refusing to use the language in order to be insulting or malicious. He was refusing out of his own personal beliefs and/or convictions.

Calling someone fat or ugly or a whore is malicious. In my hypothetical, the person had no such intent. The person merely refuses to indulge in what he considers to be a lie.

Whether it is a lie, a psychological fantasy, or anything else is irrelevant. To the person refusing to call a person with a penis a 'she', it is simply refusing to enable a lie to his way of thinking and perceiving the real world.

Rather right or wrong, it is this person's personal belief, yet you are saying he must use language that he feels is a lie. Not good.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 01:22 AM
link   

edit on 5/16/2016 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join