It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago Public Schools Now Forcing Students To Use Requested Transgender Pronouns

page: 22
<< 19  20  21   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
.... and if they don't, punishments will happen !!

This is in the Chicago Public School System.

They recently established some new "guidelines".

Hmmm

Chicago Public Schools Now Forcing Students To Use Requested Transgender Pronouns Or Face Punishment

Taking a page straight out of George Orwell’s 1984, the Chicago Public School (CPS) system released new guidelines mandating all students and employees to use the pronouns and names requested by the transgender and "gender non-conforming" individuals, or face consequences. Trans and gender non-conforming students may also use the restroom and locker-room of their choice.

The CPS system released two sets of extremely similar guidelines; one for “Adults” and one for “Students.” Both explicitly state that “appropriate consequences” will be divvied out if an individual “intentionally” fails to use the requested pronouns of another individual. Kindly, they gave us examples of “common” pronouns: “’they,’ ‘their,’ ‘ze,’ ‘he’ and ‘she.’”

You MUST Obey

look, we can't even insult other members with derogatory name-calling or we get punished on ATS....and we (most of us) are adults and should know better, or at least have better manners.....don't you think that maybe teens deserve at least that much from schools...you do know that psychotics have been discovered to have a lack of empathy for their fellow man, right?

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

I never said anybody doesn't deserve a fair shake.

The issue (as I stated before) is with the government over reach.

And, the possibility that many Students (at all ages) might not want to have to declare their preferences in order to have other people use a preferred choice of words.

One big question here is whether the laws are being interpreted "legally" by the Federal Government.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 02:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dark Ghost
a reply to: namelesss
Hold on, so you are stating that everyone is, to some degree, racist? How did you arrive at that conclusion? Was it the same farcical study that you drew your earlier conclusions from?

Wait a moment!
Are you just picking that up?
You seem a bit slow when it comes to things that threaten your bigotry!

Why would a study that lacks credibility harm my "vanity" in any way? What makes you think I have a dog in this fight? Oh right, because you unwarrantably claim that I am a "bigot" and wish to defend my "bigoted" views?

You have yet to produc any evidence that you even read the study, much less evidence of lack of credibility (other than that it seems to disturb you every time you see it)!
That is pathological behavior!

Bye...I doubt a debate with you would quench even my "lesser" intellectual curiosity.

There is nothing to debate.
You have presented nothing at all.
At least I presented one study that you have yet to read, yet automatically dismiss it!
That is evidence that we are dealing with, rather than in intellectual discussion, your egoic beliefs, and it's emotional defense, rather than intellect.
Pathological behavior.
I an tired of going around like this.
I said what I have, and you have said nothing but to express that my 'claim' disturbs you.
To a wise man, that in itself is reason to gaze long and hard into the mirror!

edit on 19-5-2016 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

There are bigger concerns on the horizon than you and I and this thread should not be derailed because of your desire to link unrelated studies in an attempt to get a reaction out of people. I should have known better than respond to you again. Have fun casting those lines and seeing how many people you can bait.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen As I understand it, it won't go into effect until teachers and students in Chicago understand what a pronoun is. That could take decades.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

The issue (as I stated before) is with the government over reach.

Government overreach?

Aren't you the champion of local control?

This is CHICAGO CITY doing this, right?

Shouldn't they be the ultimate authority in your "great chain of right-wing political being"?

Or is that only for government overreach you agree with?

(post by Captainpepper removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pinke
a reply to: xuenchen

We've had some guidelines like this in my country for a while. Nothing melted and exploded.

It rarely comes up. Sometimes people get things wrong. No on cares. It's pretty much there because some people think it's appropriate to use meeting a complete stranger to broadcast their socio-political views. I.E ... I'm going to call 'Jim' 'Jill' because I'm oh-so-edgy and don't want to let someone's personal autonomy to get in the way of my smash mouth political stylings.

Inevitably these people are generally inexperienced with life but that's in the tiny tiny tiny sample size of the few times I've witnessed this.

That said, where I'm from doctors have to be involve. No idea what Americans do.

Which country is that?

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

the Chicago Public School (CPS) system released new guidelines

The CPS system released two sets of extremely similar guidelines; one for “Adults” and one for “Students.” Both explicitly state that “appropriate consequences” will be divvied out if an individual “intentionally” fails to use the requested pronouns of another individual.

So which are they ? Are they "Guidelines" or are they mandatory?

BTW no way in hell i would cooperate with this and if they decided to punish me for it i would see them in court. Lets see how far they would get. If i choose to refer to people as "Thou" i can do so but a school will not be able to force me to do so under the constitution.

top topics

<< 19  20  21   >>

join