It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Axe wielding woman shot dead by Tennessee police after eviction notice

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6
I guess you never watched those foreign News channels where police take armed terrorist alive.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
a reply to: reldra

The problem with tazing someone in a situation like that is if you miss or get a bad hit you only have the one chance and people move pretty fast.

He did the right thing. It's sad, but when you charge a cop with an axe expect to get shot.

Not following directions to stop threatening someone's life with a weapon should = you get shot. Cop was retreating, he gave her ample opportunity to knock it off.

You're just making excuses.

If you want to go that route then be honest about it and claim tasers are useless and officers should not be equipped with them.

In any case, he could have at least tried not to shoot her dead.

Guess hitting a leg or arm at, what? 3 meters? was simply too much for his training or ability. So he simply had to resort to aim for center mass, at 3 meters, or her head or whatever it was.

It wasn't at all about seeing the opportunity to kill someone with no legal repercussions and grabbing it. Nope. Not at all.
edit on 17-5-2016 by Fishy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: Annee

They're not "bad" if they are killing within the law, once again do we accept taking a life when actions could of been taken to preserve all lives.

The USA is an armed society, we can't react the same way UK police can.

So we really can't take the other actions that European countries do, simply because anyone might have a gun.

The woman had an axe, not a gun. Axes don't shoot bullets. If this was a proper cop he could have knocked her lights out on the spot, in one punch, without retreating. Before she even managed to lift the axe, much less hit him. Or taze her or pepper spray her. Or shoot her in the arms or legs.

Instead it's either a :

- easily frightened (so as not to call him cowardly) cop
- poorly trained cop
- an indolent cop, who can't be bothered to do any more than the bare minimum required of him
- a psycho with a gun and a license to kill looking for justifiable homicides.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Fishy

The woman had an axe, not a gun

And the officer knew this how?

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fishy

They're not "bad" if they are killing within the law, once again do we accept taking a life when actions could of been taken to preserve all lives.

So we really can't take the other actions that European countries do, simply because anyone might have a gun.

The woman had an axe, not a gun. Axes don't shoot bullets. If this was a proper cop he could have knocked her lights out on the spot, in one punch, without retreating. Before she even managed to lift the axe, much less hit him. Or taze her or pepper spray her. Or shoot her in the arms or legs.

Instead it's either a :

- poorly trained cop
- an indolent cop, who can't be bothered to do any more than the bare minimum required of him

Or she could have not come at the police with a deadly weapon...

I know it's never a criminals fault

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Another delusional, idiotic comment by someone who's never been in a deadly force encounter.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Instead it's either a :

- poorly trained cop

You're being delusional. Why should this psycho get special privileges for being a small woman? She's an ADULT--even if she's wigged out on drugs, it was her decision use the drugs that led to the point of absolute homicidal psychopathy. Would you feel the same way if I were wielding that axe and speed walking at that cop (after I had already stabbed the original officer with the axe, which is why backup was called) as a 6'2, 240lb athletic build male?
So this cop should risk an axe swing to the neck or arm, and potentially die, just to save a non-compliant, violent woman?
She was taken to the hospital and died while receiving medical care, by the way.
"I used to be a police officer like you until I took a satanic battle axe to the knee."

I can imagine the first cop who was stabbed thought she was brandishing her son's Halloween prop until she sliced him with it. What a nightmare. I'm thankful he survived.
edit on 17-5-2016 by Achilles92x because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-5-2016 by Achilles92x because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
a reply to: UnBreakable

He could have tazed her?

He could have ran and called for back up? She was trying to keep him from where she lived, not chase him down the street.

Simply not following directions should not= being shot.

He still yells "drop it" after she has been shot twice and is on the ground.

You don't HAVE to listen to a police officeer the first, second or even 30th time. That is not grounds for summary execution.

You don't HAVE to listen to a cop? What world do you live in? And when you walk toward ANYBODY while holding a weapon and they tell you to stop then, Yep you deserve what ever you get.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

Not exactly true. I have seen plenty of police in the UK armed. Now 15+ years ago when I was there before, that was true, only saw one or two then. Of course I have not been out in the smaller town, so it may just be in London and such.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: masqua

And, as every American knows (or should know), you never take a knife (or axe) to a gunfight.

Act according to the country you live in.

Yep because if you have a gun and the other guy in under 20 feet from you, you dead.

Did a little research on this. Unless you weapon is out and ready all most ALL the time the knife welder wins if under the 21 feet rule. Even Mythbuster did a segment on this.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Wow, she looked like a zombie coming after him, scary...

Why didn't he shoot her in the leg, foot. Why did he shoot her dead?

This is a perfect example to use a tazer.

There were ample other ways to stop her without killing her.

I totally understand he was scared, I think its a failure in hiring and training police officers.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Achilles92x

Instead it's either a :

- poorly trained cop

You're being delusional. Why should this psycho get special privileges for being a small woman? She's an ADULT--even if she's wigged out on drugs, it was her decision use the drugs that led to the point of absolute homicidal psychopathy. Would you feel the same way if I were wielding that axe and speed walking at that cop (after I had already stabbed the original officer with the axe, which is why backup was called) as a 6'2, 240lb athletic build male?
So this cop should risk an axe swing to the neck or arm, and potentially die, just to save a non-compliant, violent woman?
She was taken to the hospital and died while receiving medical care, by the way.
"I used to be a police officer like you until I took a satanic battle axe to the knee."

I can imagine the first cop who was stabbed thought she was brandishing her son's Halloween prop until she sliced him with it. What a nightmare. I'm thankful he survived.

That's all mental gymnastics meant to try and excuse and condone a police that's behaving more like an occupying army than a police force.

But hey, if that's the way you like them, you have'em and keep'em.

Every thread where someone (police or not) shoots someone dead unnecessarily is filled with mental gymnasts such as yourself, trying to explain how it's all right, justified, proper etc.

Cop was just eager to kill someone lawfully, just as most of his defenders probably are as well, and took the opportunity when it presented itself.

In any case, behaving in an intelligent manner is behaving in a way that maximizes your future options. So performing definitive acts such as killing someone unnecessarily can be said to be unintelligent.

The first cop also acted in an unintelligent manner. He should have shot her in the leg or tased here as soon as she saw her approaching him with an axe.

Also, 'satanic battle axe'?

You're clearly coming at this with an agenda.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   

He did the right thing. It's sad, but when you charge a cop with an axe expect to get shot.

Ive never been shot, but im 99% sure that i never want to.

Swiftly walking right at an armed offer while hes shouting drop the weapon - and getting shot. Well what can any one say about that. She might have been deaf she might have been mentally challenged bla bla bla, but i have no sympathy for her at all.

Cop did the right thing and hes alive and doesnt have any possibly life threatening injuries. Job well done.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

I totally understand he was scared, I think its a failure in hiring and training police officers.

Even if he felt he had to draw the gun instead of the taser and shoot, he simply chose to shoot to kill rather than to incapacitate.

Then, in comedic fashion - as we've also seen other cops do in situations like this - almost as if with a forethought to preparing their legal defence like someone coached them beforehand in preparation, he keeps shouting to drop it when she's clearly already dead as nails on the ground.

Perhaps the first cop having been injured by the suspect changed his choice of actions to one of exacting revenge by killing the suspect once completely sure he's covered legally.

Cops are supposed to be law enforcers. Not judges or public executioners. Apparently, a lot of people prefer executioners to law enforcers. That's their choice of course. I don't live in the US so it doesn't matter what I believe.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   

The woman had an axe, not a gun

And the officer knew this how?

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking. Are you asking how the officer could have known the difference between an axe and a gun?

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Biigs

Ive never been shot, but im 99% sure that i never want to.

Swiftly walking right at an armed offer while hes shouting drop the weapon - and getting shot. Well what can any one say about that. She might have been deaf she might have been mentally challenged bla bla bla, but i have no sympathy for her at all.

Cop did the right thing and hes alive and doesnt have any possibly life threatening injuries. Job well done.

It's not about sympathy for a criminal. People who condone police acting as executioners always try to make it seem it's about that, about some people sympathising with criminals in place of the cops. It's about police not acting like judges and executioners.

Sympathy should not even come into it. One should not need a cop's sympathy not to be executed unless actually necessary.

Situations such as this show that a lot of cops are poorly selected, poorly motivated and/or poorly trained. Or that the rules on use of deadly force are unnecessarily lax.

The solution to this would be a sweeping but simple reform :

1. Double or triple cop salaries.
2. Any cop who kills someone is no longer a cop afterwards. Not even a desk job. Regardless whether the killing was justified or not.

That way cops don't shoot to kill unless it's absolutely necessary.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Another delusional, idiotic comment by someone who's never been in a deadly force encounter.

You basically implied I'm delusional and idiotic and it's ok. But if I claim your comment strikes me of fascist bootlicking mentality I'll probably get banned.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

Even if he felt he had to draw the gun instead of the taser and shoot, he simply chose to shoot to kill rather than to incapacitate.

Or...The criminal could have not come at the police with an axe?
I see you blaming everyone but the one person that caused this issue.

As for your shooting her in the leg or foot that works great on 24 or in video games meanwhile in the real world let me know how it works out for you. Lets say you aim for a much smaller mass of someones leg or hand , hey because I saw it in a movie once so that means it's real life, and the shot misses and strikes an innocent bystander would it be worth it then?

The reality of it is if you pull the trigger on a gun then i would suspect you are doing it with the intention of stopping the person coming at you.

Again though, this problem could have been prevented if the person with the axe made different choices.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   
if it was you son, brother, father, loved one getting backed into a non-moving object by a person holding an axe who had already stab or axed....I read both, one article said she stabbed the other officer and then drop the knife on the ground leaving her only with the axe, a sword that she had hidden in her pants, and a ninja star in her pocket.. but anyway, how much would you want them to risk? would you want them to go for the one sure way of bringing an end to the threat, or would you rather they fiddle around hoping to find an alternative before the axe is used? I am sorry but I think I'd be telling my sons that they waited way too long before they fired the gun!

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Achilles92x

Instead it's either a :

- poorly trained cop

That's all mental gymnastics meant to try and excuse and condone a police that's behaving more like an occupying army than a police force.

But hey, if that's the way you like them, you have'em and keep'em.

Every thread where someone (police or not) shoots someone dead unnecessarily is filled with mental gymnasts such as yourself, trying to explain how it's all right, justified, proper etc.

Cop was just eager to kill someone lawfully, just as most of his defenders probably are as well, and took the opportunity when it presented itself.

In any case, behaving in an intelligent manner is behaving in a way that maximizes your future options. So performing definitive acts such as killing someone unnecessarily can be said to be unintelligent.

The first cop also acted in an unintelligent manner. He should have shot her in the leg or tased here as soon as she saw her approaching him with an axe.

Also, 'satanic battle axe'?

You're clearly coming at this with an agenda.

LMAO, no. No agenda here. I called it a satanic battle axe facetiously because it has a skull on it. m.nydailynews.com...

It looks like a goddamn Halloween prop.
There's no further point of discussion with you.
You are not educated on how ineffective and inaccurate tasers can be, nor on the potential hazards of shooting "for the leg."
You find it easier to emphasize with violent, poor decision making individuals who end up dying than people who put their lives on the line and might die even more often if they catered their actions to the people who share your views.

Try force science www.policeone.com... as to why "shooting to wound" makes no scientific, legal, nor tactical sense.
edit on 18-5-2016 by Achilles92x because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join