It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Axe wielding woman shot dead by Tennessee police after eviction notice

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

I understand, but we are talking about context here, this is a small lady with an axe. Can you imagine if we citizens ran around killing weaker things at the mere threat like we see from Leo often, dog comes running towards you on owners property, pow dead! Angry wife comes at you with a weapon, pow, # you to! I could go on and on, but if the point is missed that's fine, we will have to agree to disagree. I've seen enough death, would be happy if that mentality was far away from our society.

link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: reldra
a reply to: UnBreakable

He could have tazed her?

He could have ran and called for back up? She was trying to keep him from where she lived, not chase him down the street.

Simply not following directions should not= being shot.

He still yells "drop it" after she has been shot twice and is on the ground.

You don't HAVE to listen to a police officeer the first, second or even 30th time. That is not grounds for summary execution.

She could be disarmed before she even swung that thing.

She also could strike a fatal blow to someone in such an attempt. She also could be carrying an unseen gun.

If you want the 2nd amendment you have to allow police to shoot any and every threat. You can't nitpick.

link   
I would imagine that this woman gets more sympathy than any man who was killed in a similar fashion.

In general women receive more sympathy from others in ANY situation.

Could be BS but in my opinion replace man with woman in the thread title and the following posts would look much different I think.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: corvuscorrax
I would imagine that this woman gets more sympathy than any man who was killed in a similar fashion.

In general women receive more sympathy from others in ANY situation.

Could be BS but in my opinion replace man with woman in the thread title and the following posts would look much different I think.

I was just thinking that.

Oh, poor tiny woman - - - what if not?

What if 300 lb line backer charging with an axe.

STOP means STOP - - - especially if you have an LEO gun pointed at you.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

I wish there was another way to resolve these things, I'm not a fan of killing people either.

But, police are trained individuals with firearms and a duty. They usually make the correct judgement in these situations.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: TechniXcality
this was a 5 foot something 140lb soaking wet woman with an axe,

And that matters why?

Authority must be respected, or you will have none.

Ok annee

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
a reply to: masqua

I didn't notice that until you pointed it out. I think he would have likely given her more time had he not been backed into a spot where he could not move from. As it stood, it was him or her and faced with that choice myself... It will be me every time.

:

Looking at it on youtube it is just a little clearer, she doesn't raise her arm, she makes a tantrum like jesture, like a child who would also stamp their feet, maybe she did. As far as the policeman jamming against the second car, she was probably already shot. I have to say though, it was a very quick advance, not much time to think, but still something like an eviction is potentially a violent situation, and seemingly she had stabbed an officer already, and had already theatened another with the axe.
I think some planning should have been in order, by or for the backup.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

edit on 15-5-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
At what point is the person with mental illness or a woman, or a child to be taken seriously?

Psycho women are just as dangerous as men. Some wacked out darlas like her or Lorena Bobbit are no joke.

Comparisons with your mother is unfair, unless you also picture this lady splitting your mother's head with an axe.

Sad situation, mental health needed badly, not for profit prisons.

edit on 5 by Mandroid7 because: suasagefingertphonetyporepairjob

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
MORE TO THE STORY??? Why is this part of the article being ignored here?

On Wednesday, Laronda Sweatt was served an eviction warrant by Sumner County Sheriff’s Office at her home, where police say she threatened law enforcement with an axe and stabbed a deputy.

If this is the case, then she got far more leeway than most. She had already proven that she was beyond dangerous.

She had already stabbed a deputy in the abdomen before backup arrived.

edit on 5/15/2016 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakableAs sad as this truly is, the officer dis not really have a choice here. It all just went down to fast. At least by what the video evidence shows.
Pretty sad though.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

If that's the case you're right..

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
MORE TO THE STORY??? Why is this part of the article being ignored here?

On Wednesday, Laronda Sweatt was served an eviction warrant by Sumner County Sheriff’s Office at her home, where police say she threatened law enforcement with an axe and stabbed a deputy.

If this is the case, then she got far more leeway than most. She had already proven that she was beyond dangerous.

She had already stabbed a deputy in the abdomen before backup arrived.

Usually the details like to be left out when you are pushing a narrative.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Given she had stabbed an officer before, I have to think she was going to use the axe if she got close enough. I can see the officer using her previous action to determine she was a threat.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Looking at that 'axe', I think this woman has been doing a tad too much online roleplaying.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

Usually the details like to be left out when you are pushing a narrative.

But it wasn't this time. It's in the OP's article. Most just didn't spot it or bother to read it before weighing in.

originally posted by: masqua
Looking at that 'axe', I think this woman has been doing a tad too much online roleplaying.

Dungeons and Dragons FTW...
edit on 5/15/2016 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: masqua

LOL, that was my fist thought

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

I agree with your post. I really do.

But not in this particular case with this video. She WAS advancing on him down the street. He was never even on her property. It is one thing to not drop a weapon on command while standing. It is another thing to advance on a cop waving said weapon around.

That being said, in the UK they still would have ended this situation with a dozen coppers armed with trashcan lids and no death. It honestly should be like that here. But it is not, why?

The second amendment they say. Everybody here has a gun apparently so shoot first. Cops are also afraid of combat/conflict without a gun here as well.

Ive had a woman come at me with a huge knife. She still here next to me alive and well. Were happy

edit on 15-5-2016 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Taking away her FREE STUFF!! It's only the beginning.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

But it wasn't this time. It's in the OP's article

Exactly my point, it's in the article, but not the OP itself.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join