It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Axe wielding woman shot dead by Tennessee police after eviction notice

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 02:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

Disarm the cops!
Then watch some real creative thinking being valued, finally, rather than armed monkeys!

edit on 16-5-2016 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Cops have no idea what substances the person in question has taken. I have seen cops chase someone on angel dust who had a broken leg and arm but had no effect on his speed or aggression. The person would not even have been aware of the pain. So even a tasers might not have the desire effect.

I would have shot her, simply out of principal.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable
It looks to me like he didn't want to shoot her. If you notice he backs away and tells her to stop. It's not till he bumps the car behind him that he shoots. I think he was very scared and when he bumped the car it terrified him even more and that's why he fired. He was clearly scared for his own life.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: namelesss

originally posted by: UnBreakable

Disarm the cops!
Then watch some real creative thinking being valued, finally, rather than armed monkeys!

Ahh..naive thoughts like this always make me laugh..

What seems to be forgotten is their are armed criminals also but yeah disarm the cops..

How about this..if you don't want to get shot then don't come at someone with an axe when the other person has a gun.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   
There's going to be more and more of this sort of thing. The harder the system pushes, the more you're going to see common people push back. Just get ready for it because it's coming.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   
The background seems to indicate that reasoning with this woman doesn't work. She seemed bent on using violence to get her way. Didn't work against the police.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

She just wanted to AXE him a question.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Looks like she made a couple of lunging motions towards him and also backed him up into the other cop car. Bad situation indeed.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   
She probably wanted to die suicide by cop. I mean she just got evicted; which means she was in a very low place in her life and probably didn't care anymore.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teeky
She probably wanted to die suicide by cop. I mean she just got evicted; which means she was in a very low place in her life and probably didn't care anymore.

When someone is at their lowest is when you give them a helping hand, not kick them while their down. In this case, shoot them.

Gun = conflict resolution.
That cop knows he had an absolute, whatever happened he knew he had the option of shooting her. 7 out of 10 times, such predicament will end in a shooting.

If they sent someone to show her options in finding help to 'live' as a human being instead of a cop with no sociology knowledge what so ever, theres your outcome. All she needed was help. But got a bullet.

'Murka. Yeee yee
edit on 16-5-2016 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

unfortunately, if the cops are there it is because she has had more than enough time to request these services, but now it is too late and the bank needs its property vacated. This is simply allowing the flow of commerce. She decided to violently impede the flow of commerce, thus becoming a violent criminal threat. No one would be singing this tune if the first officer who was stabbed by this woman had died from his abdominal wound.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 04:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: AmericanRealist
a reply to: odzeandennz

unfortunately, if the cops are there it is because she has had more than enough time to request these services, but now it is too late and the bank needs its property vacated. This is simply allowing the flow of commerce. She decided to violently impede the flow of commerce, thus becoming a violent criminal threat. No one would be singing this tune if the first officer who was stabbed by this woman had died from his abdominal wound.

As usual cops are bad but no one has the full story. The first officer on the scene was actually hit with the battle axe he staggered back to his police cruiser and called for backup. The video you see is the backup officers arriving on the scene she then charges them and is shot. The wounded officer was taken to Vanderbilt medical center. This is right near me and it was on the news. The police were 100 percent correct in their actions once she assaulted the first officer she showed intent to do bodily injury.

And know If someone is coming at you with a weapon you don't use a taser that's stupid and will get you killed. Tasers over all are ineffective and and unreliablemany police forces just stopped using them.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: Annee

They're not "bad" if they are killing within the law, once again do we accept taking a life when actions could of been taken to preserve all lives.

Well, a real easy action to take to preserve life is "don't assault one cop with an axe and then go after another cop when he shows up with the same axe."

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

...that axe... Where did she get that axe?! what is this, Skyrim?

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

Disarm the cops!

- my gut says you'd hide behind that cop if faced with someone with an axe.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Unfortunately, in this case, I must side with the officer, after watching the video a number of times, I think I would have done the same as the cop in that situation when I backed into the car.

He warned her at least 7 times with his weapon pointed at her, she should of took the hint.
edit on 17-5-2016 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Your post is exactly why we have problems in this country with idiotic rational like that. He could have, he should have, all this quarter backing after the fact. He went above and beyond what he was required to do. Take a few minutes and learn policies and procedures on the use of force for law enforcement and civilians. This was completely justified.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpeakerofTruth
There's going to be more and more of this sort of thing. The harder the system pushes, the more you're going to see common people push back. Just get ready for it because it's coming.

Common people push back? Are the common people the ones charging armed cops with axes?

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: gazzerman
I see no reason why he didn't shoot her in the legs or arm holding the weapon. This was a shoot to kill, very poor training...

This is standard training across all law enforcement agencies in the US. You never shoot to wound, you shoot to stop the threat. You aim for the centre of the threat as hitting a small moving target such as a leg or an arm is very difficult at the best of times, never mind when adrenaline has messed up your fine motor skills.

By the way it is also standard training for authorised firearms officers in the UK.

In this scenario the assailant was advancing with an aggressive demeanour and carrying a lethal weapon. They had demonstrated a willingness to use it against law enforcement personnel. The officer tried to make distance while giving a warning, yet the suspect continued to advance. He opened fire when he was left with no where else to go. The response was text book.

He made the mistake of getting too close in the first place. However by the time he realisd this it was too late to change things so he acted as the situation dictated. Welcome to the real world.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: gazzerman
I see no reason why he didn't shoot her in the legs or arm holding the weapon. This was a shoot to kill, very poor training, this cop either has his own anger issue or he should sue the police department for the lack of training that will now mentally scar him for life. No excuse to kill someone here. Pull up 20 meters further back so you don't put yourself in such danger. Pure stupidity on the cops part.

There is no denying this person was in the wrong and as a result their fate was sealed. However the cops is very much to blame here.

Arrive at a scene, exercise caution, keep your distance unless someone else is in immediate danger, access the situation and make a plan to end the situation with an arrest not a kill. Understand that this person very very likely does not hate YOU personally but are very troubled and need help. The cop put himself in harms way and as a result of his stupidity and inexperience he killed someone instead of helping them.

I see no reason why people still buy Hollywood shooting in 2016, but obviously they do.

Clearly those people have a cognitive disconnect with real-world practical shooting and a complete ignorance of shooting in general, and should educate themselves or keep their ignorance to themselves.

Yet here we are.
edit on 17-5-2016 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join