It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Gives Sweeping Guidance to Schools on Transgender Students

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

No. From one of the articles above:

When school began on Aug. 13, Perry told school administrators that she wanted to use the girls’ bathroom and locker room, instead of the unisex bathroom she had used as a junior.

The school consented, in accordance with guidelines from the U.S. Department of Education’s Office of Civil Rights that say students should be allowed to use facilities in accordance with their gender identification.

sour ce

Seeking additional privacy is a byproduct of rights being trampled on.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
There are some people, I won't point...that support such transgender, gay, etc. agendas. I say agendas because, while this doesn't apply to all of them, the ONLY thing that will make them happy is "surrender". Today it is transgender bathroom use, yesterday it was a baker who wouldn't make a wedding cake. These examples will never, ever end for some on the transgender bandwagon. They will go on forever. Unless...everyone else in the world bows to them, exclaims their acceptance of their way of life and puts them on a pedestal...and then repeats that action daily.

Some of this group requires this level of acceptance simply to survive. Check the suicide rates of the transgendered. This part of the problem is a mental illness which I also think is part of the transgender in general. But regardless. These militant of that group won't be happy until everyone else praises them and convinces them your praise is genuine...over and over and over.

Equality has nothing to do with it. These are (the fringe) sick people who require acceptance to survive. And no one is required to accept anyone.
edit on 5/14/2016 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

No. The transgender teen had just as much right to use the girl's bathroom as the other girl students. If the transgender teen had wanted to go somewhere private, that was her right, just as it is the other girls' rights to go somewhere private if they requested it.

Equal rights. That's non-discrimination.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
These militant of that group won't be happy until everyone else praises them and convinces them your praise is genuine...over and over and over.

Equality has nothing to do with it. These are (the fringe) sick people who require acceptance to survive. And no one is required to accept anyone.

I find it interesting that you refer to others as militant.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

No bowing, no pedestal, no special rights. Equal treatment. Transgender people are equal in the eyes of the law. They are just as much citizens as anyone else.

Same with gays. Same with blacks. Same with women. Same with the disabled. Same with everyone. Equal under the law.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Nope. Because even your statement is a lie..."as the other girl students". That person isn't a girl...a female. You can wear a disguise, even a very good one but that doesn't change your sex. A girl will always be a girl and a boy will always be a boy. So using your statement, but making it factual..."that person has no right to use the girl's room unless they are a girl". They aren't.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   

You are right that they are equal...you are incorrect that equality is what some are asking for. Equality in this example is if you were born a boy but feel like a girl, you remain a boy. That is the rights the rest of us have...that is the right that transgenders have. Equality. Unless you want some SPECIAL treatment?

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Okay, I realize it's hard to wrap your head around it, as this concept of transgender rights is still pretty new, but your descendants will understand.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Not unless they are stupid or forced to by those pushing an agenda. My daughters understand the difference and they are coming up on their 20's. So there is still hope.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Hell...I'm a 51 year old male that is starting to show my age. But damn if I don't still feel like a 20 year old hunk!!! Where is my law requiring me to be allowed and included into all those 20 year old's parties? Where is the ACLU suing the 20 year olds that tell the old guy to leave?

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Give it a couple more generations.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

You know you sound just like those people who said, "Can I marry my 8-year-old daughter now that two gay men can marry each other?" Really silly...

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Ahhhh...so you can call me silly for what I feel inside and me wanting to be accepted for what I feel like I am, but others have to do the same for transgender people....why? Because YOU don't give my feelings credibility? That sounds like...discrimination, non-equality and isn't fair.

Is it?

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   

PS: My example, which is actually true...doesn't break any laws. So now you sound like the person comparing a gay person to a pedophile. In fact...almost exactly.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Give it a couple more generations.

You are probably right about that. By then we may discover that this whole transgender thing is a result of hormones in our food, birth control pills in our water (via urine) and all the other chemicals we are currently too stupid to understand are affecting the people. In other words...we may find a cure.

And don't bother arguing that. Science already knows that we have no clue what these actions mean for our future. We have no idea the end results of all the chemicals we are exposed to every day. One day...who knows...we may find that a lot of problems or syndromes are due to this exposure.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   

My grandmother is 96. There was a female in her high school who dressed as a male, lived as a male, even dated females. Went by the name Frank. Probably used the men's restroom. Everyone knew what was going on and no one made a stink. Live and let live. Why is that such a hard concept now, 80 years later?

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   

No. The transgender teen had just as much right to use the girl's bathroom as the other girl students. If the transgender teen had wanted to go somewhere private, that was her right, just as it is the other girls' rights to go somewhere private if they requested it.

That's not equal at all.

Suggesting girls go somewhere private if they don't want a guy with a penis changing with them isn't equal by any stretch of the imagination.

Only way any of this is equal is if anyone can use any bathroom they like at any time. Boys in girl's rooms, girl's in boys rooms. Of course that's just a coed locker room.
edit on 14-5-2016 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

That's not equal at all.

Suggesting girls go somewhere private if they don't want a guy with a penis changing with them isn't equal by any stretch of the imagination.

Ummm...that isn't what I said. The girls don't have to go anywhere. If the "real" girls are using the girl's room they are fine. The guy who thinks he is more like a girl or associates with being a girl needs to go elsewhere.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyvalkyrie

No one made a stink about this before Obongo tried to make it mandatory by forcing people to accept 0.1/3 % of the population along with insulting parents everywhere by trying to confuse their kids into believing it is ok to allow boys to go into girls bathrooms/shower rooms,

now we have psychopathic idiots trying to dress johnny up in a dress and suzy in like one of the guys from ymca while calling it acceptable. Remember, this is a Mental Disorder, pushing it to become law while assuming Most of the population will agree with this fairy tale agenda is insanity.

If they had left it well enough alone, this wouldn't be happening now.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

I didn't reply to you.

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join