It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Gives Sweeping Guidance to Schools on Transgender Students

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

It's worked okay in California for several years now.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I'm not going to be pulled into your drama pool.

Human waste is a serious issue.

People, ALL people need to use the facilities provided.

That you have an issue with what gender is, is not my problem, nor is it any transgender person's problem.

As far as predators, there always have been predators, there always will be predators.

To deny Equal Treatment because of a supposed future possible maybe happening - - - is ludicrous.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

You know, you go around calling others ignorant but you've failed to even acknowledge or address the situation.

You're misusing the word "ignorant". It's become just a defense mechanism for you to brush off any point of view you disagree with.

You don't even answer simple questions and instead resort to deflecting with "you're ignorant". That's not an argument. And again, you don't appear to understand the definition of the word you so casually throw around.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Kids are getting sick with lead poisoning in schools and Obama is worried about this.

No problem; but is this a major issue in schools?

What’s important here is that they say most transgender are undercover. Do they need to use the opposite sex bathrooms?

Shouldn’t this apply only to overt transgender children?

And how many are they?

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Mental Illness is a serious problem, go easy on them

www.lifesitenews.com...

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
a reply to: Annee

You know, you go around calling others ignorant but you've failed to even acknowledge or address the situation.

You're misusing the word "ignorant". It's become just a defense mechanism for you to brush off any point of view you disagree with.

You don't even answer simple questions and instead resort to deflecting with "you're ignorant". That's not an argument. And again, you don't appear to understand the definition of the word you so casually throw around.

I have addressed the situation.

Human waste is a serious issue. People ALL people need to use the proper facilities.

The excuses, are excuses.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   

And for some reason you fail to acknowledge that these anti-discrimination laws for trans students have been working fine in other states. No one has been able to prove otherwise, except for individual situations that could have happened without the laws.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: Tempter

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: Tempter

Didn't twist a single word. "Nice one" trying to create distance from them though!

I notice you don't answer how any of that has anything to do with where they pee. The issue isn't who you decide to be friends with. Nobody is forcing you to have trans friends. So what your reasons are for not having any trans friends may be doesn't really pertain to the issue in any way.

Not sure how you use the restroom, but I don't go to them to hang out and make friends with people.

I already explained this. I don't want to be around them. Period. These feelings only increase in a bathroom.

Them there queers need their own bathrooms around back, amirite?

Why are you writing like that? Don't you have a smarter argument than to equate me with a stupid-sounding sentence?

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

It's worked okay in California for several years now.

Not really. The law was passed but I disagree it's working "okay".

San Diego

Supporters of the petition said they do not want the district to make accommodations that would segregate transgender students. Franz said she is not asking for segregation, but rather wants all students to have the option to have privacy in the locker room.

The issue was raised during the public comment portion of the school board meeting, so trustees could take no action Tuesday night because the discussion was not part of the agenda, nor did they suggest staff consider a course of action.

“My son came home from school and told me there was a girl using the boys locker room,” Franz said before the meeting. “This is someone he’s known for years and has always been a girl. My son was very upset by this, and I called the principal.”

Franz said she understands that school districts have to make accommodations for transgender students because of a law that went into effect in January 2014 under Assembly Bill 1266. She’s upset because she says the district has not taken into consideration the feelings of other students.

“Our position is all about our kids’ modesty and privacy,” she said. “I’ve been contacted by so many students, and they all have their own reasons for privacy.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   

And for some reason you fail to acknowledge that these anti-discrimination laws for trans students have been working fine in other states. No one has been able to prove otherwise, except for individual situations that could have happened without the laws.

Washington

The decision to allow a transgender 45-year-old college student who identifies as a woman but has male genitalia to use the women's locker room has raised a fracas among parents and faith-based organizations, who say children as young as 6 years old use the locker room.

The locker room at Evergreen College in Olympia, Wash., is shared with the Capital High School swim club and a children's swim academy, along with the students at Evergreen.

"The college has to follow state law," Evergreen spokesman Jason Wettstein told ABC News affiliate KOMO. "The college cannot discriminate based on the basis of gender identity. Gender identity is one of the protected things in discrimination law in this state."

But according to parents, the fact that the student has exposed her male genitalia, in one instance in the sauna, is cause for concern.

"[A mother] reported her daughter was upset because she observed a person at the women's locker room naked and displaying male genitalia," said a police report filed in September by a mother on behalf of her 17-year-old daughter.

The Alliance Defending Freedom, an Arizona-based religious liberties group, sent a letter to Evergreen College on Friday, warning it that the decision to allow the transgender student to continue using the locker room could put the school in jeopardy.

"The fact that this individual was sitting in plain view of young girls changing into their swimsuits puts you and Evergreen on notice of possible future harm," David Hacker, senior legal counsel, wrote.

Missouri

The school consented, in accordance with guidelines from the U.S. Department of Education’s Office of Civil Rights that say students should be allowed to use facilities in accordance with their gender identification.

So far this year, Perry has been using the girls’ bathroom and locker room, according to local TV station KTVI.

That simple act set off a firestorm of controversy.

Nearly 200 people showed up to an Aug. 27 school board meeting, forcing it to be moved to a bigger venue. Although Perry’s gender wasn’t on the agenda, many parents used the meeting to complain about the school’s decision.

“The way I was raised, I have no problem with a transgender, but he shouldn’t be in the women’s locker room until he has the surgery,” said parent Greg Wilson, according to local news Web site the Leader.

“The girls have rights, and they shouldn’t have to share a bathroom with a boy,” Tammy Sorden, who has a son at Hillsboro High, told the Post-Dispatch. Lila should not get special treatment, Sorden said, “while the girls just have to suck it up.”

Derrick Good, a local lawyer with two daughters in the school district, has led the opposition to Perry’s use of girls’ facilities. He got involved after hearing that a female student had encountered “an intact male” in the girls’ locker room, he told the Times.

No, you're just putting the rights of the handful of transgendered over the rights of everyone else.

edit on 14-5-2016 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Where are your links so I can assess the credibility of the information and read the whole thing?

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Ugh! San Diego, CA "Fundie" South.

It used to be such a wonderful place.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Apparently forcing teaching transgenderism and gender identity issues in the Common Core is not enough....

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   

I will say that Obama's letter on guidance does address schools providing accommodations for those wanting more privacy. I see that as evidence of trying to work out solutions to please everyone, don't you?

A school may, however, make individual-user options available to all students who voluntarily seek
additional privacy.

msnbcmedia.msn.com...

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

That just goes to show this is an International agenda.... One wonders....

I would add that the Common Core standards are International as well, being promoted by the UN

About one third of the world’s governments and dictatorships are on track to meet United Nations education targets aiming to change the values of humanity as part of its “Education for All” initiative, according to a report released last week by the UN Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). With Common Core and related schemes,

UNESCO bureaucrats are seeking more than $22 billion per year in taxpayer funding to provide what the self-styled global education agency refers to as “quality education” for all children. Going forward, as a component of the broader UN “post-2015 agenda,” the UN outfit outlined even more extreme plans to impose its “quality education” scheming on all of humanity.

However, as UN documents make clear, the planetary entity’s vision for “quality education” is radically different from traditional American notions of proper schooling and instruction. For example, UNESCO documents and global agreements dealing with the UN education agenda focus a great deal on bringing about “changes in attitudes, values and behavior.” In official documents, UNESCO argues that these changes are “required” to move toward the “sustainable” new world they seek. The global education bureaucracy, which is also pushing planetary school standards, boasts of its efforts to turn children into “global citizens.” As the UNESCO Global Citizenship Education webpage explains: “social justice, diversity, gender equality and environmental sustainability” are needed to “empower learners to be responsible global citizens.”
bereanresearch.org...
edit on 14-5-2016 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
First post here on ATS , I'm not a bigot but do not agree with this title IX letter. I have children coming into elementary school. Anyways, if this stands does that also mean I can identify myself a woman (im a male) and apply for women's rights and benefits through local, state and federal governments? Legal input please.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Where are your links so I can assess the credibility of the information and read the whole thing?

Here's the situation in San Diego. This is from a Free Republic blog and LifeSite is a Christian news site - - so it might be slightly slanted in Franz favor.

However, seems they've come together to solve the problem within the law by providing a private area within the locker room.

When I was in high school in the 60s, our locker room had at least 2 private showers which were mostly used by disabled students. Their use had to be assigned by the coach, so those who really needed privacy always had access.

And this is how it should be. Each incident handled independently.

Kathie Moehlig did not speak at the school board meeting, but she told the Union Tribune that she was a representative of the family of the transgender student in question. Moehlig said that "this is the first issue I'm aware of that anyone has brought up with [the state law]" and that "in working with people at the Transgender Law Center in California, it's the first one that they know of."

A person familiar with the debate who was in the room on Tuesday told LifeSiteNews that both sides were largely in agreement with each other and that the debate was over misunderstandings. The person said that Franz said the transgender student was ill-treated by having to change in a bathroom stall for privacy purposes and that privacy concerns were shared by both sides.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lenert29
First post here on ATS , I'm not a bigot but do not agree with this title IX letter. I have children coming into elementary school. Anyways, if this stands does that also mean I can identify myself a woman (im a male) and apply for women's rights and benefits through local, state and federal governments? Legal input please.

I have an 8 year old.

People in favor of transgender rights also have children.

Just FYI

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

how many people send their kids to public schools is it really that many? with the indoctrination of kids being taught about sex and global warming and now transgender why not just homeschool or send them to a private school?

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: newsguy24242

how many people send their kids to public schools is it really that many? with the indoctrination of kids being taught about sex and global warming and now transgender why not just homeschool or send them to a private school?

In fall 2015, about 50.1 million students will attend public elementary and secondary schools. Of these, 35.2 million will be in prekindergarten through grade 8 and 14.9 million will be in grades 9 through 12. An additional 4.9 million students are expected to attend private schools (source). The fall 2015 public school enrollment is expected to be slightly higher than the 50.0 million enrolled in fall 2014.

nces.ed.gov...

new topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join