It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ballistic missle defense goes online in Romina. Ww3 approaching

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yes it is...Russia is mad because they think they should be the masters of their neighbors universe, but their neighbors are tired of the bs coming from Russia and who wants to live in the 19th century again.

Russia has shown it doesn't look to the future, as Putin enjoys living in the past.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Do you honestly believe the cold war ended and communism was wiped out in Russia just because they went bankrupt and switched to another form of governance? Read the communist manifesto to get a broader idea of what they're all about.

Putin is an old school commie, and I assure you he is looking to bring those old satellite countries back into the fold. Communism is very alive in Russia and their conquest to conquer America is also very much alive. If the move is made by NATO, you can rest assure no matter how small, Russia will get into a hissy about it. It's encroachment, and it's provoking.

Thats like your neighbor planting a fully grown tree right in front of your cable satellite dish and boinks your reception. Legally he can do that, but is it very neighborly?

We're planting the tree, and Russia doesn't like to miss episodes of Matlock.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 05:27 AM
link   
In other words, Russia might be offended with a defensive system, just like my neighbours get offended when I'm playing loud music. Nothing new.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 05:44 AM
link   
My understanding is that crimea or ukraine wanted to join russia and the u.s propaganda machine will paint anything to make russsia look terrible. I mean both sides are clowns, lets establish that.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: BooCrackers
Thats like your neighbor planting a fully grown tree right in front of your cable satellite dish and boinks your reception. Legally he can do that, but is it very neighborly?

We're planting the tree, and Russia doesn't like to miss episodes of Matlock.

Your analogy could use a little work.
This is like planting a row of trees on the fence line of our property, after Russia has already torn down the fence of the garden to the neighbour on the other side and built a shed on their patio, while threatening to do the same to all their other neighbours, while creeping around the neighbourhood at night and peering menacingly through everyone's windows, and while calling the police claiming they're the ones being threatened.

If Russia wanted good neighbourly relations, it would not be stealing other peoples gardens, trespassing throughout the whole neighbourhood, threatening their neighbours and then whining like little bi*ches when those neighbours form a collective defence.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
The US is also deploying M1 Abrams tanks to Georgia as a show of force:
sputniknews.com...

Starting a world war is a great way to suspend an election. It worked for Roosevelt during WW2.

If Russia started lining up tanks along the Mexican side of the border, wouldn't we be enraged too?

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: peskyhumans

If Russia and Mexico were having joint exercises then they'd be more than welcome to. I'd hardly call the small number of tanks and Bradley's they sent to Georgia a "show of force" though. Counting Georgian troops, there are 1,300 US, British, and Georgian troops involved in a two week exercise. Russia could roll over them in no time if they really wanted to start something.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   
The end result of this will be nothing. This thing was drug out for many years. Obama did not even want it and was going to kill after reelection until Russia started getting all aggressive. So once again Russia's own actions have lead to something that was not going to happen. NATO would not be united, NATO troops would not be in some if the eastern states, Sweden and Finland would not be close NATO allies except for Russia's own actions.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: BooCrackers
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

Its by Turkey if you're Hungry

Ah what a bunch of goulash. You out smart a$$ed me!

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
This is all we need to be worried about ...North Korean leader Kim Jong-un is considered a dangerously unknown quantity.

If there was ever a first strike target ...this is it. IMHO

www.smh.com.au...

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: BooCrackers

YEAH right.
WANNA bet?

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
Reducing Romania to smoking ruins would be an improvement.

That's not funny as someone with family right across the border and whose wife's grandparents live in a village within a stone's throw of the Romanian border.

They're nice people, just like many of us who go about a similar daily routine to many of us.

You should get out of your bubble and travel more.

edit on 13-5-2016 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Substracto
In other words, Russia might be offended with a defensive system, just like my neighbours get offended when I'm playing loud music. Nothing new.

Yeah, we handled the Cuban Missile Crisis well!

If Russia did the same and set up defense systems in Cuba or the Caribbean or Central America, America's reaction would be quite different.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

The Cuban Missile Crisis was about offensive missiles, not a defensive system. Apples and oranges.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

A case of scotch, 12 year old or better.....

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Yea see, thats what I meant....kind of o.O

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Jordan River

My understanding is that crimea or ukraine wanted to join russia

That's what Russia is wanting you to believe, you see Putin has already admitted they planned to annex it months before it actually happened.

But that's not all, you see a man named Igor Strelkov, AKA Igor Girkin was the leader of those who went to Crimea and forced them to vote for joining Russia.

“Have you actually been to Crimea during the referendum? Well, I have. I have been there since February the 21th. What you are describing here is absolute rubbish. There were no policemen who supported our side at that time. The only law-enforcement subdivision that has joined our ranks back then was the Berkut. The rest of the law-enforcement agencies remained under control of Ukrainian Ministry of Internal, and kept carrying out the MIA’s orders. Yes, sometimes they were sabotaging these orders, but all in all they were under Ukrainian control. I haven’t seen any support from official governmental representatives in Simferopol. Our troops had to force the deputies into the Oblast Council hall so that these representatives would vote in favor of our initiatives. I know this because I have been at the time commandeering one of such militant teams and I’ve seen it all from the inside. We had absolutely no support from the people, not to mention the army.The Ukrainian army units remained loyal to Kyiv as they were. Furthermore, most of the army remained that way. The only thing that made what we have accomplished in Crimea possible was the presence of Russian army.” (Fragment of video in Russian):

euromaidanpress.com...

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jordan River
My understanding is that crimea or ukraine wanted to join russia

Interesting...

Ukraine wants to join the EU and NATO and Russia invaded...

I guess its only works in one direction for Russia.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Putin Warns Russia Will Respond to NATO Missile Shield abcnews.go.com...

edit on 13-5-2016 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Not exactly true. The system they are using works with Aegis. It can be easily modified to fire tomahawks as well... So we say it is defensive.. But it could be turned offensive...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join