It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump Will Release His Tax Returns, Just After He Runs Out Of Reasons Not To

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Donald Trump Will Release His Tax Returns, Just After He Runs Out Of Reasons Not To

I really dislike talking about this man, but dammit this needs to be said! We press every other Presidential candidate to release their tax returns with most (if not all) doing it voluntarily. Yet Mr. Trump, the champion of the common man (*eyeroll*), says that the public isn't interested in his tax returns.

Donald Trump claims “there’s nothing to learn” from his tax returns. He just refuses to prove it.

The real estate developer promised for over a year to release them, something every presidential nominee for the past four decades has done voluntarily. Hillary Clinton, the likely Democratic nominee, has disclosed hers stretching back decades.

But after running through a series of excuses, Trump signaled Tuesday in an interview with The Associated Press that he didn’t expect to release his returns before November’s election. The presumptive Republican nominee had changed his story by Wednesday, tweeting that he intends to do so by the time voters head to the polls. He provided no specific date.

Enough with the excuses already Donald! Just release the returns so people can vet you properly. Heck even Hillary Clinton has released her tax returns...

This, to me, signals yet ANOTHER red flag of the dangers of a Trump Presidency. The man is clearly hiding something here. This is a standard that should NOT be disregarded and I'm saying it now, any Trump supporter who agrees with Trump here is a big hypocrite. This is a man whose entire appeal is that he is an outsider who can shake things up and root out the same ole same ole corruption. Yet he is unwilling to prove that he too isn't corrupt. If that doesn't raise your eyebrows, then you have your head in the sand.

Journalists were skeptical of Trump’s entering the presidential race because they assumed he’d never submit to serious scrutiny of his wealth. He once sued a reporter who dug too deeply into his public boasts. For 15 months, he’s punted on the tax return question in interviews and now, he appears to be trying to run out the clock.

Stop letting Trump break all the rules. Hold his feet to the fire on this one. Let's see if he isn't all hot air for once. Or are people afraid to pull the curtain back?

edit on 12-5-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Would you expect anything less from a man of the 1%?

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   

I wholeheartedly agree, Trump should release his tax returns. Every nominee has done so for the past fifty years. Even Romney reluctantly did it at the last minute during the '12 election. But I just find it rich that during a rally yesterday Hillary accused him of hiding something, which is probably true, but Hill........why have you deleted 30,000 emails, why do you refuse to release transcripts of your closed door, paid speeches to your Wall Street cronies? Are you trying to hide something too? Pot meet kettle. On CNN yesterday she was asked if Trump puts out his tax returns would she release her transcripts. She would still refuse.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   
You know, I just don't know what you all expected.

Even if there was something bad in there, all Donald has to say is:

"I used the laws of this country to my advantage, and that's the kinda of thing I wanna stop, like the bankruptcy laws etc."

Him breaking the law or otherwise using it to his own advantage without moral high ground is something his supporters admire. They all feel taken advantage of by the system, so a guy who games the system and made a ton of money doing it seems like the right choice for them.

Releasing his returns, would only solidify his popularity. If I were him though I would say I would do it, as soon as Hillary released her transcripts.

~Tenth

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
Releasing his returns, would only solidify his popularity. If I were him though I would say I would do it, as soon as Hillary released her transcripts.

Frankly I am surprised he has not already said this.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

You know. I wouldn't be surprised if they did spin a negative return like that into a positive trait for the Trumpet, but he still needs to release them.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

Frankly I am surprised he has not already said this.

Me thinks that they will show he isn't worth as much as he says, or show more bankruptcies than he admitted. And I am an unapologetic Trump supporter saying this. He should just do it. Yes, Hillary has released decades of her returns, but she has skeletons in her closet she's not letting out, either.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Him releasing his tax returns would only boost him. People want to see them because they think he isn't a billionaire. They think if they see a tax return that doesn't show billions they can say AHA Trump ISN'T a billionaire because he didn't make a billion dollars.

He has already stated he knows the tax system and employment system and has already admitted to using it.

Really not much fire you can hope for even if he does release his taxes....just saying.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
Me thinks that they will show he isn't worth as much as he says, or show more bankruptcies than he admitted.

Tax returns will not show overall accumulated wealth. He can claim to have $10 billion but 'only' have $3 billion and his tax returns would not support one or the other. Neither will they show business bankruptcies which I believe he was involved in four with his dealings.

ETA: What they will show is effective tax rated and charitable contributions which the Democrats can spin to their advantage depending on the numbers.

edit on 12-5-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

So what's the problem then? If it's going to boost him, then just release them. If you are so confident that things will play out as you say, then you should have no worries pressing Trump to release them.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Maybe he's just getting free air time and marketing from all this talk about them. It's be hilarious if he releases them and they're squeaky clean. Then again he could still pressure Hillary on her GS speech transcripts or Obama on his college transcripts for leverage, either way the more the media politicizes him the more votes he will garner.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Vector99

So what's the problem then? If it's going to boost him, then just release them. If you are so confident that things will play out as you say, then you should have no worries pressing Trump to release them.

I personally don't care either way.

I'm simply stating the obvious. A single years tax return shows nothing.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I hope Hilary agree's during the campaign to release her bank transcripts if Trump releases his tax returns..

.. his tax returns dont contain scandals.. they're long and complex but dont contain anything illegal. He knows this.. he's going to drag it all the to the campaign then tell Hilary he'll release them if she releases her bank transcripts..

..then he'll release them!

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   
When trump teleases his tax records. He will either get pounded by the MSM for being soooo rich or get pounded in the media for not being rich enough.

He will probably pull an Obama and release the data Friday after 5 on Memorial Weekend

link   
One of the only things more dangerous than Trump as president is Hillary. How these 2 became the top picks is beyond me.

link   

Has the IRS finished their audit? Last I heard, Trump said he'd release them when the audit was over.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Me thinks that they will show he isn't worth as much as he says, or show more bankruptcies than he admitted.

Tax returns will not show overall accumulated wealth. He can claim to have $10 billion but 'only' have $3 billion and his tax returns would not support one or the other. Neither will they show business bankruptcies which I believe he was involved in four with his dealings.

ETA: What they will show is effective tax rated and charitable contributions which the Democrats can spin to their advantage depending on the numbers.

Ok. I'm far from being a tax expert. I just thought that people could guage his true worth if he released a few years of taxes.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Ok. I'm far from being a tax expert. I just thought that people could guage his true worth if he released a few years of taxes.

No, all it shows was income from the preceding year.

Example: You could own 1,000,000 shares of a high growth, no dividend stock, which goes from $50 a share on January 1st, 2015 and closes at $200 a share on December 31st, 2015. The valuation of that holding went from $50 million to $200 million but unless you sold it you are not obligated to pay taxes on the increase. You also received a salary that year of $250,000. Your return would show the $250,000 but not that your net worth as of December 31st was $200,250,000.

edit on 12-5-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Too bad that is 100% of the strategy against Trump by the Clintons'...

The TV ad showing him saying disparaging things about women failed miserably...

Trump 2016

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I'm thinking the issue is more that he didn't pay any taxes due to hiding his assets and clever tricks. Or maybe he even got a refund.

Also, I think his finances are probably not as stellar as he claims. That's just me though.

I am starting to get nervous writing anything about him, because if he becomes President, he might start rooting out folks who said negative things (even if truthful) and marking them for revenge. He scares me.

Um. HAIL DONALD TRUMP!!! WHAT AN AWESOME PRESIDENTIAL PRESIDENT!! (just practicing. hey, i got kids...)

- AB

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join