It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump Will Release His Tax Returns, Just After He Runs Out Of Reasons Not To

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

BS! Trump led a movement to get Obama to release his birth certificate because 'the people have a right to know'... and now, he's being a complete douche bag by living a HUGE double standard...

But I know the hypocrisy is lost on his faithful followers...

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Trump was the only candidate to put in his financials on time. No bonus points for that I suppose.

His company gets audited every year, but the day he announced he was running for President, the IRS... under no pressure from outside sources of course... decided they are going to do another audit for the last 10 years.

Donald Trump: I'll release tax returns after audit
edit on 12-5-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
... and now, he's being a complete douche bag by living a HUGE double standard...

Come on, say it right.....Yuuuuuuuuuuge.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   

BS! Trump led a movement to get Obama to release his birth certificate because 'the people have a right to know'... and now, he's being a complete douche bag by living a HUGE double standard...

But I know the hypocrisy is lost on his faithful followers...

To be president you must be a natural born citizen and he was asked to prove it. The Constitution says nothing about releasing taxes to be eligible.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   

But . . . . taxes! Trump!

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
ANY lawyer in the country will tell you not to release your returns when they are being audited, which Trump is EVERY year, no matter what.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
One of the only things more dangerous than Trump as president is Hillary. How these 2 became the top picks is beyond me.

So if Hillary gets indicted and Sanders takes the nomination, we all win?

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42
LOL, like the public isn't interested in seeing Hillarys speeches to the lobbyist sponsoring her campaign or about her email scandal.

I'm more interested in Hillarys speeches that she won't release as introvert stated the IRS cleared his returns.

Does Hillary even have the right to do that? She was paid to give the speeches, she may not have the rights to reproduce and publish them.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: interupt42
LOL, like the public isn't interested in seeing Hillarys speeches to the lobbyist sponsoring her campaign or about her email scandal.

I'm more interested in Hillarys speeches that she won't release as introvert stated the IRS cleared his returns.

Does Hillary even have the right to do that? She was paid to give the speeches, she may not have the rights to reproduce and publish them.

According to her she does, She said she would release them as long as the other candidates would .

Bernie took her up in the challenge and disclosed his , which I believe was none. However she reneged and wont release them.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

But . . . . taxes! Trump!

I know. They never clamor for Hillary to release her Wall Street speech transcripts (which is easier to do because they're not being audited), any of the 30,000 deleted emails, or which of her two stories about Benghazi is the real one. They only get vapor locked when it comes to Trump.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   
What if Donald Trump is an actual Trump card in a political poker hand. What I am wondering is we all know that Romney held off until late in the election to fully release his tax info. It was a downfall for him.

Is Trump holding out to ensure Republicans cannot offer a real fight? I have a feeling that if Clinton gets the nod, he will release a bombshell, ensuring Clinton takes the hill. Why not release now and have months for Trumpsters to explain it away, else wise?

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
To be president you must be a natural born citizen and he was asked to prove it.

Which he did.

The Constitution says nothing about releasing taxes to be eligible.

It says nothing about releasing your birth certificate to the public either...

Face it. It's the SAME THING, only this time it's your guy, so of course, the rules have changed... Yeah, I get it.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   

a reply to: Krazysh0t

I wholeheartedly agree, Trump should release his tax returns. Every nominee has done so for the past fifty years.

So the man who is running as a total outsider, and has gotten where is in this race largely by bucking every bit of traditional political practices and electorate knowledge should follow the crowd and do what all of his predecessors have done, even though there's no law stating he has to?

Have you at all been paying attention to what Trump has been running on? This tax return whine originated from Mitt Romney, a man who is on record as being very anti-Trump because Trump represents an individual Romney and his cronies can't afford to buy... Romney, the loser, needs to STFU and sit back down. He's a never was and represents the debris the GOP will be sweeping out of the party following the convention.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Let me explain why this doesn't matter...
Trump isn't running on a platform of more taxes. If he were, I'd be front and center demanding he show his returns. EVERY politician and, dare I go so far every voter who supports a politician, who runs on a platform of higher taxation or higher welfare spending (which is rubber banded to higher taxes always), should be required to not only release their returns to the public, but also lay out clearly what the new tax ideas will either cost or benefit them personally.

I don't care what Trump made and I don't care how much or how little the feds stole from him last year. His earnings, his risk, his account. This whole argument is a great indicator of how backwards America's voters are. We should be demanding tax returns for the years AFTER presidents leave office. How many millions of dollars did Bill Clinton turn 8 years in the White House into? How many millions will Obama squeeze out of the past 8 years of pandering?

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   

To be president you must be a natural born citizen and he was asked to prove it.

Which he did.

The Constitution says nothing about releasing taxes to be eligible.

It says nothing about releasing your birth certificate to the public either...

Face it. It's the SAME THING, only this time it's your guy, so of course, the rules have changed... Yeah, I get it.

Uh, your birth certificate shows when and where you were born. What else proves you're a natural born citizen at least 35 years old?

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

a reply to: Krazysh0t

I wholeheartedly agree, Trump should release his tax returns. Every nominee has done so for the past fifty years.

So the man who is running as a total outsider, and has gotten where is in this race largely by bucking every bit of traditional political practices and electorate knowledge should follow the crowd and do what all of his predecessors have done, even though there's no law stating he has to?

Have you at all been paying attention to what Trump has been running on? This tax return whine originated from Mitt Romney, a man who is on record as being very anti-Trump because Trump represents an individual Romney and his cronies can't afford to buy... Romney, the loser, needs to STFU and sit back down. He's a never was and represents the debris the GOP will be sweeping out of the party following the convention.

The reason I say that is exactly what's going on. The only whining I hear is the ant-Trump brigade. This action may shut them up but they'll find other things, no doubt.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
Let me explain why this doesn't matter...
Trump isn't running on a platform of more taxes. If he were, I'd be front and center demanding he show his returns. EVERY politician and, dare I go so far every voter who supports a politician, who runs on a platform of higher taxation or higher welfare spending (which is rubber banded to higher taxes always), should be required to not only release their returns to the public, but also lay out clearly what the new tax ideas will either cost or benefit them personally.

Trump has proposed something like 18 and 20 trillion in new spending over the next 10 years. His tax plan involves increasing the capital gains rate from 15% to 20%. He is on record stating numerous times that he thinks we should pay more in taxes.

He's lowering taxes on the little guy, but I wouldn't call it a plan of reduced taxes... he has to fund that new spending somehow, and while his current tax plans come up short of that they still represent an increase on taxes on the demographic who actually pays most of them.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: MEDIKATED

So what's the problem with releasing from another year? It's a lame excuse which the IRS says doesn't hold water.
There is no reason at all why he can't. He just doesn't want to.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

FBI federal bureau of investigation.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
Then again he could still pressure Hillary on her GS speech transcripts or Obama on his college transcripts

So where are Trump's college transcripts? Why has he sealed them exactly the same way Obama did?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join