It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

16 West Point cadets cadets in raised-fist photo won't be punished

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

No, it should create topics for discussion. What is racist about this thread? I do not recall anyone saying they wanted to hang these fine young cadets?

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
I do not see hate. That is not why i am upset. I do not see color. That is not why I am upset. I do not see them in all actuality doing something wrong....that is not why I am upset.

The reason that this is wrong is where they go to school. Take a step back and do not make this racist. They are doing something that is against policy. If you want to sit there and say they are not doing it because of the black panthers you are simply ignorant and that is not ok. Fight the POWER! I understand and I would not have an issue if they are all out in civi's at a party celebrating.

Do you not all get that? The RULES of the school are not being enforced as not to inflame racial tension in the US. THAT in itself is a F$*%$ shame.

You are correct in your reasoning. If we pull back the layers and look at this on a deeper level as you have done, your point is well made.

I am going to go out on a limb here and say that every one of these women are probably now on some government list somewhere even if they are not punished openly.
edit on 11-5-2016 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

So you are saying there was no implication that these ladies were being racist in the op?
edit on thWed, 11 May 2016 14:40:28 -0500America/Chicago520162880 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

So you are saying there was no implication that these ladies were being racist in the op?

Are you implying they are not?

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
From the OP's link:

Indeed, Caslen noted that other cadets have used clenched fists to show support for a team or pride at serving their country. So did he, along with hundreds of West Point staffers and graduates on the night before last year's Army-Navy football game, he added.

This Caslen guy? He's a Lt. General Superintendent at West Point. Oh yeah, and he's white, along with most of the other cadets and staffers who have raised clenched fists in the past at West Point.

This is a non-issue.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

a reply to: amazing

Try 50 years not a few decades. It is a big difference.

Uh...50 years is a few decades...Even so, I made a valid point. What's your beef with my post?

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I couldn't know, but the raised fist doesn't say either way.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

That's an interesting definition of racism you got goin on there...

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Its the double standard that it implies which angers whitey so...but by your logic which is not entirely flawed BTW. The confederate flag is a christian flag in nature, but long ago some idiot thought it stood for racism...hehe boy are they wrong!

It stands for the 13 christian states that rose up against northern tyranny and unfair taxation in order to secede and form their own nation.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

You all know damn well that they are expressing Black Power

I know nothing of the kind, and neither do you.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: yeahright

That's the thing. They are proud of their accomplishment. They aren't hurting anyone nor should anyone be offended by this.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: BooCrackers

Yes the tyranny of ending slavery.

link   
I guess with age my more liberal side is showing.

I don't give a crap about any raised fists as long as when the time comes they buck up and kick in while in uniform just like all the rest who've gone before them in such a hallowed institution and gave their unflinching all...

link   
I do not think they are being racist. At all. It is ok to follow whatever you want, whoever you want and however you want. It is your right. But, when you are in a situation where you should act a certain way, you do not tarnish that or their can be consequence. This was a bad idea. Why did they not all 'salute'? Would that not have been more appropriate?

They go to West Point. There are by-laws. They should be followed. That is all I am getting at. Should they be expelled, no, but my belief is that it was glossed over because of race.

If this was 12 white kids, with arms raised like Hitler, are they being racist? Maybe it was just a joke? they would be all over every liberal media outlet and YOU ALL KNOW IT. yes, it is in caps because this has to stop.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   

What definition? Please explain....

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

We all know people who do the fist thing for any number of reasons, supporting each other or teams or something.

I know no one or am I ever around anyone who does the NAZI salute. Maybe your experience is different.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

What definition? Please explain....

This one here that you gave:

What is racist about this thread? I do not recall anyone saying they wanted to hang these fine young cadets?

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
The tyranny of ending a way of life and it isn't like the Civil War was about slavery. That's a happy accident.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: BooCrackers

Its the double standard that it implies which angers whitey so...but by your logic which is not entirely flawed BTW. The confederate flag is a christian flag in nature, but long ago some idiot thought it stood for racism...hehe boy are they wrong!

It stands for the 13 christian states that rose up against northern tyranny and unfair taxation in order to secede and form their own nation.

YEs and the NAZI swastika is a Budhist symbol Hijacked by the Nazi's, but sometime symbols evolve and end up standing for new things....that's when we change. Retire the old tired symbols and move on to the next one.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384
The tyranny of ending a way of life and it isn't like the Civil War was about slavery. That's a happy accident.

If you really study history though, you'll find out that the Civil War was fought over slavery. It really was about Slavery.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join