It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NOMIC & BANK COLLAPSE ICE Agent Commits Suicide in NYC; Leaves Note Revealing Gov't Plans

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+35 more 
posted on May, 11 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I apologize in advance for the hasty post. I am in a bit of a pinch for time but want to get this out. I searched but did not find it listed as of yet.
There is a story going around that a 42 y.o. Ice agent committed suicide earlier this week and left a note stating the plans of the federal governments plans to take absolute control during an upcoming economic collapse.
The note explains how preppers will be delt with first and those who resist.
The story can be found here......

www.superstation95.com...

Snopes has come out with a article claiming the story is false, which can be found here...

www.snopes.com...
The original source had a nice rebuttal for the Snopes at the bottom of the article for those that are interested.

Once again, sorry for the hasty post and for any typos.
Quad
edit on 11-5-2016 by Quadrivium because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on May, 11 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   
So its already debunked as a hoax?

Even if it was true, it would probably just be some guys opinion, who could well be into conspiracies, and one of those types that let it take over their lives.

I just read this part..

ATM's will be offline

Lol.. as long as it's not ATS
edit on 11/5/16 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Funny, the website's "About" and "Contact" links are under construction.

From snopes,

"We contacted the New York Police Department on 9 May 2016, and received the following statement in response:"

On Friday, May 6, 2016 at 1049 hours, police officers responded to a report of a person shot in the vicinity of West Street and Houston Street (Pier 40), located within the confines of the 6th Precinct. Upon arrival, responding officers discovered a 42 year old male with a gunshot wound to his head. EMS also responded to the location and transported the male to Lenox Hill Hospital, where he was pronounced deceased. There is no criminality suspected in regard to this incident and the investigation is ongoing.

No note was found.

The question is, would they tell us if there was one? It's hard to say if the the response given by police included that last part about a note not being found or if omitted, gave snopes the idea that there wasn't one altogether. Maybe a first responder found it and everyone else who came after reported seeing nothing?

The website reporting the story does seem questionable, but at least the suicide is real.

Link

edit on 11-5-2016 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

+46 more 
posted on May, 11 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
A Snopes 'debunking' means absolutely nothing. Not saying I believe this..but of course the NYPD and Snopes would say no note was left when the reality could be true or different.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: lightedhype
A Snopes 'debunking' means absolutely nothing. Not saying I believe this..but of course the NYPD and Snopes would say no note was left when the reality could be true or different.

Such an ignorant thing to say. And it breeds...

You say "of course," when you have no evidence if either snopes or the "news" article is credible. Just a knee-jerk response based upon "feelings."

It certainly begs further investigation and while I'm not defending snopes, they have already done more research into the story than you have. I'm highly skeptical of them as well, for what it's worth.

edit on 11-5-2016 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

+23 more 
posted on May, 11 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Quadrivium

Here are some of the main points from Superstation 95's response to Snopes:

We address the SNOPES.com accusations one at a time: 1) No aspect of our story above is a hoax. What Snopes.com seems to take issue with is the existence and content of a suicide note which was revealed to us by the NYPD. The fact that the NYPD now claims "no note was found" does not surprise us at all; . . the government would want very much to conceal or discredit the information it contained.

2) According to the FCC Licensing Bureau, 95.1 FM in New York City is a licensed radio station as shown HERE licensing.fcc.gov...

3) Our story was written by our News Room staff, not anyone named Hal Turner. 4) Mr. Turner was formerly a paying customer of this radio station from October 7, 2015 thru March 30, 2016. He bought air time from us to air his personal radio show "The Hal Turner Show." Finances caused Mr. Turner to cancel his programming on our radio station and continue his show on WBCQ International Shortwave, where he is on the air live from 9-11 PM every Wednesday evening. Mr. Turner's web site is: HalTurnerShow.com . He is welcome to return to our airwaves if his finances improve.

5) SNOPES.com claims Mr. Turner is a "white supremacist." In reality Mr. Turner worked for the FBI from 1993 - 2008, with his TOD as the Joint Terrorism Task Force from 2003-2008. His job was to infiltrate white supremacist groups to thwart violent criminal acts by such persons. This information came out when the Obama Administration betrayed Mr. Turner in 2009 and arrested him for writing in 2009, what the government PAID HIM $3,000 TO SAY on DATELINE NBC and FOX NEWS CHANNEL just four years earlier in 2005! After three trials (two hung juries) Mr. Turner was Bankrupted by legal fees, was appointed a public defender, who threw the case, resulting in Mr. Turner's conviction. For SNOPES.com to smear Mr. Turner as a "White Supremacist" when federal court records show the exact opposite, is a prime example of the utterly shoddy research and reporting provided by SNOPES.com The criticism and SNOPES.com outright falsehoods about this story, and others, have been written mostly by: Ms. Kim A Lacapria

They then provide contact information for Ms. Lacapria, encouraging folks to write/call to condemn her 'journalistic misconduct'

I thought all in all a pretty good response by Superstation 95, since at first I took the Snopes write up to be legit (not anymore)

+33 more 
posted on May, 11 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Snopes has come out with a article claiming the story is false, which can be found here...

I find it very curious that Snopes was on this so darn quick. The source article was posted on the 9th, and Snopes had their "hoax" post up within 24 hours... I suppose a "concerned citizen" may have contacted them and asked for an investigation, but I sure find it curious.

And, of course, given that the source article states that it's a coverup, all that Snopes can really confirm is that the authorities are denying any note left behind. They cannot debunk the truth of the article.

Thanks for posting.

+23 more 
posted on May, 11 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   

On the Snopes page where they "debunked" this, I was intrigued by something in the "About the Author" section - have a look

Kim LaCapria is a New York-based content manager and longtime snopes.com message board participant. Although she was investigated and found to be "probably false" by snopes.com in early 2002, Kim later began writing for the site due to an executive order unilaterally passed by President Obama during a secret, late-night session (without the approval of Congress). Click like and share if you think this is an egregious example of legislative overreach.

She was previously found to be writing false things, but now Snopes wants her to work for them? Why in the hell would Snopes want to advertise this? Is this a typo?
edit on 11-5-2016 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on May, 11 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Yeah, I think this fellow may have knew a few things, but probably "went off the deep end". Which is a shame.

But snopes? Yeah, I don't trust them as far as I could throw them. Do a little digging on them. And not on Google.

+8 more 
posted on May, 11 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I told you so....just saying it now before they shut off the lights......

Some of us have been watching this unfold for the past few years...some of us are prepared.

Some of us don't need money cause we gots something better....................

SMORES! Lots and lots of SMORES!....and bullets...lots of bullets......

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
The logical side of me wants to believe that these were surely the ramblings of a paranoid man who was so distraught over his illusions that he committed suicide. That would be the practical assumption.

But, a little bit of a different side of me is a bit afraid.

I think the conflict between logic and irrational fear might be because the irrational fear sees a bit of logic in his ramblings. What would happen if there truly was an economic collapse? The government would certainly take drastic action to control the situation.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

She was previously found to be writing false things, but now Snopes wants her to work for them? Why in the hell would Snopes want to advertise this? Is this a typo?

Curiouser and curiouser. Of course, those who have already compromised themselves are much more vulnerable to blackmail and/or bribery. Perhaps Snopes discovered much more than they've publicly admitted about her and made it clear that she could play or pay...

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom

Yeah, I think this fellow may have knew a few things, but probably "went off the deep end". Which is a shame.

That's exactly my fear. I'm always suspicious when someone spouts the standard buzzwords and talking points.

Another thought occurs to me as well: One tactic to find a mole or a leak is to tell various stories to any suspects and see which -- if any -- is then leaked. There's a name for it, but I don't remember it right now. But I do wonder if he was suspected of being a mole or a whistleblower, and was told certain things to see if it was leaked... never expecting a suicide and a full confession left behind.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I'm calling hoax on this one. None of it makes sense, from the sentence structure in the first linked article ("blew his brains out") to the very shady seeming nature of the 'superstation95' site to the ties to Hal Turner------(who anyone not familiar can google in minutes.)

And most of all, it reads exactly like a sterotypical consipacy theorists (like myself, lol) wet dream. Confirming everything from the collapse of society to those long bemoaned fema camps!

In other words, at first it seemed half plauisble, but look a little deeper and it clearly falls apart.

There was no note, and the story is BS from a known hoaxster( Turner) is my two cents.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Thank you for adding needed content to the thread. I thought their reply to Snopes was well written and informative as well.

+6 more 
posted on May, 11 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I agree.
Also not two minutes after posting this a member posted "not buying it" along with some other stuff but the post has been edited now.
No way all the information was read and a conclusion drawn unless he/she was already aware of the story.
Lol maybe I am just paranoid after learning there are actual paid disinfo agents.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maverick1
I'm calling hoax on this one. None of it makes sense... it reads exactly like a sterotypical consipacy theorists (like myself, lol) wet dream. Confirming everything from the collapse of society to those long bemoaned fema camps!

In other words, at first it seemed half plauisble, but look a little deeper and it clearly falls apart.

There was no note, and the story is BS from a known hoaxster( Turner) is my two cents.

I understand being suspicious/skeptical based on the stereotypical scenarios and buzzwords used. But I don't understand why you would dismiss the existence of a note completely. Maybe. But based on the scant information provided, it seems just as likely that the guy had gone a little too far down the rabbit hole, perhaps sharing what he had learned on conspiracy sites as opposed to what he had learned on the job.

Why do you assume it's all just a hoax?

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I doubt if it's a typo. I think they just don't care. Most people wouldn't even catch it. Good catch! Lol

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: BooCrackers
I told you so....just saying it now before they shut off the lights......

Some of us have been watching this unfold for the past few years...some of us are prepared.

Some of us don't need money cause we gots something better....................

SMORES! Lots and lots of SMORES!....and bullets...lots of bullets......

Agreed!
But I hope you haven't registered those smores! They will be the first thing confiscated.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quadrivium
I agree.
Also not two minutes after posting this a member posted "not buying it" along with some other stuff but the post has been edited now.
No way all the information was read and a conclusion drawn unless he/she was already aware of the story.

I'm so glad I'm not the only who notices that kind of stuff! I don't want to immediately suspect the worst, but sometimes it's just too... um... convenient? Things that make us go "hmmmm," eh?

Lol maybe I am just paranoid after learning there are actual paid disinfo agents.

Is it really paranoia if it's true, though? A question for the ages!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join