It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All my life I have been a Christian. According to Islam, I will burn in hell. Is this true?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecanada11not really the evidence points to it. See as stated many many times 1) all the verse are in it, 2) it defines any English word by its context, 3) it has a supernatural cross reference not found in any other version (not to be confused with man made cross references based on their personal doctrines), and 4 it has been used to lead more people to the Lord and all other English versions combined over the last 400 years.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

(5) The translators of the KJV 1611 were untrained in Koine Greek. 

Koine (“common”) Greek is the original language of the New Testament. Koine Greek had been a dead language for over a thousand years when the KJV was published for the first time in 1611. The translators of the KJV didn’t even know what Koine Greek was. Some people believed that the Greek language of the NT was a unique, Spirit-inspired dialect.[5] It was not until the late 1800s and during the 1900s, when tens of thousands of papyri documents were discovered – many written in Koine, that we could begin to understand the language more fully.[6] Unlike the translators of the KJV, modern translators of the New Testament are scholars of Koine Greek.

(6) The KJV translation of the NT is based on relatively recent Greek manuscripts.

As well as relying on previous English translations, the 1611 edition of the KJV relied on a critically edited Greek text that was “for the most part based on about half a dozen very late manuscripts (none earlier than the 12th century AD).”[7] These late manuscripts include editions of the Greek New Testament by Erasmus[8], as well as Robert Estienne’s (a.k.a. ‘Stephanus’) edition (1550) and Theodore Beza’s edition (1598). Unfortunately, one of the manuscripts Estienne and Beza used for their Greek editions contained a few “corrections” that downplayed the importance of women in the church.[9]

newlife.id.au...

How can the AV be preserved when the translators weren't even familiar with common Greek ? Also I'm not sure what you mean by supernatural cross reference.
edit on 22-5-2016 by Joecanada11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecanada11
It is all a matter of faith, like salvation.

I wouldn't expect you to understand, let me put it another way. It has a divine cross reference that the men who Penned the AV had no control over. Remember there were three groups of men that worked on the AV, and they were in three separate locations, and none were allowed to see the others work until it was completed.

It is an amazing thing to see.

However it is usually never seen by the casual reader of the AV. It takes reading the AV many times and as you get familiar with it then it will appear. It took me a few years to see it and that by reading and study.

When a man does not believe God has kept his word then he has no real faith in God for his salvation.

edit on 23-5-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Faith in salvation is good. Jesus taught the whole believe in me. He said do as my father taught. Follow the law.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecanada11
Faith in Salvation does not save.

Jesus ministry was to the House of Israel I am not a Jew. I am a Gentile. I am saved under the Gospel of the grace of God, for I was a stranger to God and to his people and to the law and covenants and promises of God. But now by faith in Christ I am brought near unto him and am called a child of God.

edit on 25-5-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join