It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Travellers illegally parked and Living in our Local Swimming Pool Car Park

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I don 't think I have had a rant before but here goes:

On the weekend a number of caravans and luxury mobile homes arrived and parked in the car park backing onto our flats. Although it clearly states no caravans, cooking etc etc etc they have simply arrived and taken up residence. Today we have had the portable toilets and a large skip delivered to the car park, taking up yet more space - so less for those who pay to park or have season tickets for the car park etc when they come to the leisure centre, go to work or shop in town.

Although there is a gang of kids running around everywhere, a number of the caravans are shut and so it would be a fair guess the men are out working and earning - not that they consider paying for their parking, the use of the toilets and of course the skip or the clear up after they have gone and finally the high Court Costs and bailiffs if needed that the Borough will have to pay which I suspect run into the thousands etc.

I am narked because we had another lot last year and the mess and filth they left behind was disgusting. I don't know the cost of this but with the Council saying its strapped for cash we need these freeloaders like the flu. The other thing I didn't mention is the fact that people won't park their cars there because of not wanting them damaged or broken into so its also a loss of revenue for the council. There is one camera covering the car park but you can't help noticing that instead of all parking in one area, they are deliberately scattered so cannot be observed all the time.

The Borough has cut back really harshly with its services hurting kids and a lot of people who needs help. Yet here we are having to pay out for this type of basic law breaking and smile about it as this lot will be having the heart strings played out for them as yet another minority by the liberal lefties.

That's it rant finished - however I don't feel better.
edit on 9-5-2016 by Shiloh7 because: spelling errors I missed sorry

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

It sounds like you are legally within your rights to talk with a local representative and bring up these concerns - if they are leaving a mess and not contributing in any way I would bet the city/Association/any governing body would want to see a change :/ sorry for your troubles - I hope it works out for you. Sounds like it is most inconvenient for you & your neighbors.

Provide us with some updates on here if you would, it would be nice to hear how this turns out. Wishing you the best Shiloh

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   

So it's illegal but the police will not (or can not) respond to complaints? People do illegal stuff around my neighborhood all the time (mostly harmless and stuff that doesn't bother anyone), but if someone complains, then the police respond.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Wouldn't the easiest thing to do be to install a security gate like most car parks have? It will cost money now, but save exponentially if this keeps happening.

Why aren't the illegal parkers just kicked out of the car park?

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Have you considered sending Tommy and Gorgeous George over to take care of them?

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Are any of the caravans periwinkle blue? If not, they could probably be persuaded if you offered their Ma's a few.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
Wouldn't the easiest thing to do be to install a security gate like most car parks have? It will cost money now, but save exponentially if this keeps happening.

Why aren't the illegal parkers just kicked out of the car park?

Normally they install height restrictions which stop the vans pulling the caravans in..
They will be gone in a few days anyway.. Of course leaving piles of rubbish from their rubbish collection jobs.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Have you considered sending Tommy and Gorgeous George over to take care of them?

No good unless they like dawgs..

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Or trade 'em a few good dags.

eh, formatting all stupid

edit on 5/9/2016 by dogstar23 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Thanks we have a lot of people living on our estate who have had enough of the Travellers over the years apparently. I have only lived here nearly 2 years so am a relative new comer. Our main route to town is through this car park so we can't avoid it. My son has to use the car park for his car and I am dreading him seeing them. Cheers.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

I don't understand this because yes its against the bylaws that the car park is operated under by the council.

Mind you, have you had to telephone the police recently, you wait for ages to get a reply they seem terribly understaffed and I expect as they know there will be Court proceedings issued as soon as the council can do this, perhaps they are waiting for the eviction.

Apparently every day a council rep goes in to inspect, but its the audacity of it that gets you, plus those kids should be in school unless they are home tuition.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   

This will need more explanation for non-UK-ers. Here if you are in a public parking lot setting up camp the police swing by on routine patrol and move you along. Refuse to go and they have you towed at your own expense. Your choice.

Guessing the laws where you are are very different?

For the rest of us maybe you could explain this more? I "get it" about the Travelers we have them here too. I don't live in a city with big fancy gated communities, so it's not like I'm totally clueless. But even here the local cops sort of patrol and routinely take care of stuff like this.
????????

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

You are right, I agree and expect as this is getting to be an annual invasion apparently, it looks was though the council may have to resort to this. People would probably be happier as its the easiest solution and would be cheaper than how they are dealing with it now.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Tommy and Gorgeous George Eh? Now there's a suggestion. I suspect a few more would be needed though but its something to bear in mind.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Or you could follow Brick Top's advice and find someone who raises pigs, "...be wary of any man who keeps a pig farm".

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Been watching My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding? Several Caravans are top of the range and the mobile home certainly is - so no expense spared there, however several could do with some added bling and of course your periwinkle blue would be an improvement. Don;t know about the Ma's though they seem to have their hands full with the young ones running amok. A car park is not the best place for them, especially if they fall over.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   

I see. It sounds like, sure, they'll do something, but it's a beauracratic process that takes longer than the time they'll actually even be there - and your "visitors" certainly know how the system works!

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Whats wrong with yourself placing trash bins in the park and/or picking up the trash that is left? You may set an example...

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

Sure, If you are an ordinary person you have to abide by the law and the police or private security firms would clamp you or toe you away unceremoniously if you are illegally parked or sleeping in your van. However it seems to be a different rule for travellers.

I am wondering if some Human Rights legislation gives them some form of protection not to be moved without a Court Eviction Notice. Its utterly bizarre they are able to get away with it. I am waiting to see how long they stay. The Police don't seem to get involved so much with travellers here and invariably it means a punch up on the few news programmes that have covered this behaviour elsewhere in the UK.

You are dealing with women and kids also, not just the men, so rough handling is probably the last resort so we all have to grin and bear it.

I find their actions utterly bizarre because we are near the New Forest where they could possibly have camped and got away with staying, Why they want to park in a public car park in the centre of town with no toilets or water except concrete and a small area of flower shrub beds in beyond me. But they have got away with it in the past and if you live by flaunting the law you probably know every trick in the book.

I don't know whether anyone goes round demanding car park charges but there are none listed for caravans etc.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: NightFlight

Yes of course I could dash around gathering the trash afterwards but don't you think people should be made to pick up their own mess, especially if they do it all the time and expect others to pay for it?

We aren't always talking about trash you can pick up e.g. paper waste, last year apparently a fork lift had to be used to pick some of the scrap they obviously couldn't sell, so its not like after a football march etc. although it does spread across the car park pretty quickly. Yesterday people were picking up loads of holed plastic balls that had been dumped on our estate along with paper trash.

You also have the human excrement which I have no intention of getting involved in.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join