It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Travellers illegally parked and Living in our Local Swimming Pool Car Park

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   
When a load of gypo's parked up thinking they'd have a good week of pillaging and shed looting they picked the wrong end of our town and the next morning they woke up to find the locals had nicked all their tarmac trucks etc, they complained to the police who asked for proof of ownership and at that point they clammed up and decided to leave town.

Some other lot once decided to park up at the local football clubs carpark, plod told them that it was a bad idea but when there was 20-30 thousand fans walking past singing "you caravans going down the trent" they decided to leg it.

Most gypo's understand nothing other than brute force or the risk to their caravans with a muck spreader.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
The borough...large skip..narked... Just a few of the words you used that I've never heard haha. Good rant nonetheless, I think I pieced together the story using context clues. Dogstar made the exact point I was thinking & going to ask.

dogstar23

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

what can you do about gypsies crying is not gonna make them leave

jk hippies suck, unless they bring you in then they are the nicest people i have ever met
edit on 9-5-2016 by DOCHOLIDAZE1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-5-2016 by DOCHOLIDAZE1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Maxatoria

I suspect most would love to remove them but its the worry of getting yourself arrested, especially as most work and the rest are either disabled or retired and couldn't run fast enough to avoid plod.

By the way is that avatar the gorgeous Betty Page? I watched her dancing to The Seeds lovely woman.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: SmurfRider

Sorry SmurfRider - The Borough is our local government also called the Council whom we all pay Council Tax to in order to finance all the services they provide (or can't afford to any more etc). The skip is like a large metal box with open top that you put rubble, rubbish, etc into and it gets taken away by lorry. Ah! Must admit not have used narked for some time - for me its a cross between irritated and angry.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Gypos get everywhere these days. They once arrived on the fields beside our university campus. Thought nobody would notice, then the university filed an eviction order. Had to keep the place on lockdown until they had gone. They have had to put great big

Even with a security gate, the gypos will just blockade the access road until someone unlocks the gate.

They do leave a real mess behind them. They'll buy up broken cookers, fridge freezers, washing machines, attempt to repair them, and if they can't, just leave them there. Anything else they will just try and burn. You end up with plastic bags being blown around by the wind, burnt areas of grass. Once one lot get in, that will just attract others.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

There is a large and long established 'travelling' community in the town where I live and surrounding areas.

There are several long standing feuds both between rival travelling groups and with sections of the local community.
Several people have been killed over the years - three of my friends have been murdered.

They are a law unto themselves and the police and local authority are very reluctant to take any sort of action against them apart from the most serious of crimes.

The Local Authority recently revealed plans to develop two plots of land for more 'travellers', one specifically for Eastern European gypsies.
Local feeling is very much against any such development.
This will only result in more crime and confrontation.

I can't stress how much you need to stand up against these people.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

I find their actions utterly bizarre because we are near the New Forest where they could possibly have camped and got away with staying, Why they want to park in a public car park in the centre of town with no toilets or water except concrete and a small area of flower shrub beds in beyond me.

Maybe its a cultural thing?

I've noticed the same thing with British and European backpackers when travelling though rural tourist towns around Australia, they all set up camp on the side of main roads and in popular beach car parks... its like dude! All your gonna do is piss of the locals and get moved on by the police within a day, when they could just head 10 minutes out of town and camp out bush for a year if they wanted without anyone caring... but they'd just rather camp in town and be a nuisance to the locals, for some odd reason.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
I can't stress how much you need to stand up against these people.

True, here in my parts last summer a farmer turned up with five 30 tonne lorries of rubble and a load of locals giving them 20 minutes to move or he was going to close the access gate to his field and lock the vehicles in.

They left when the police said they would take no action if he 'alters his land', it would be a civil issue dealt with by the council and take the travellers weeks in the courts, lots of shovels, or the hire of an excavator lol

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Haha Narked was the only thing I could easily assume the meaning of.

Now what's a lorry? lol

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Thanks for explaining!

And very sorry freeborn!

To me it seems very odd the police don't seem to enforce the laws equally.
Council I guess is similar to our local townships/municipalities.

Here if you own the land your rights are upheld in egregious situations like this. Without lawsuits. Someone trespassing is pretty cut and dried. Whether it's land owned by the Twp, or a private landowner.

I get that travelers don't want to lose their lifestyle as it at least 'Used" to be traditional/cultural altho even here in the states it's pretty much not anymore either. It's romantic to think, Oh! the tinkers!
but in reality it's definitely not the same.

I wasn't implying "rough stuff", it's just like the farmer mentioned, the police show up talk and give you a choice, leave or be towed and have to pay the company the township has a contract with to impound your vehicle. It's a no brainer usually.

Read that it's a problem in the UK and Ireland, seems to be here as well but mostly year round in the southern states will occasional times up north. We have issues usually in the summer, but it's fairly isolated. A few stores hit and some neighborhoods with the door to door con-games. Word gets out fast between stores tho. Like lightening.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 12:29 AM
link   

So, are we talking people that would have been called gypsies in the past? Why can't the police just show up and demand they move, since they are breaking the law? Then again, we had all that occupy nonsense here, and they took over parks and other places, so I get that those in charge don't always do their jobs.

Seems like a real problem, with the crime and sanitation issues. Do they not have RV parks over there? Here in the States, there are places people can go for that sort of thing, pay a very small fee, and even get electrical and sanitation hook-ups. Even those, of course, people can treat badly, and some do. I haven't been in a place here where that sort is an issue, though.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shiloh7
a reply to: SmurfRider

Sorry SmurfRider - The Borough is our local government also called the Council whom we all pay Council Tax to in order to finance all the services they provide (or can't afford to any more etc). The skip is like a large metal box with open top that you put rubble, rubbish, etc into and it gets taken away by lorry. Ah! Must admit not have used narked for some time - for me its a cross between irritated and angry.

Ah, thanks! What you call a skip, we call a dumpster. Always enjoyed collecting the different terms we use!

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Ohhh a dumpster. I did not put that together when I, admittedly, very quickly read the response earlier lol. Now I think I can guess what a Lorry is! haha

I'm going to have to tell my friend Lorrie her name means garbage truck in British.
edit on 10-5-2016 by SmurfRider because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

See do see your point and sadly i put it down to inconsideration and rudeness. I suppose that manny of the back packers are young and mean to move on. I hope they are educated enough to use the toilets, not make fires and leave a disgusting and expensive mess for the locals to clear up.

I suspect though the backpackers aren't protected as ethnic non contributors under the Human Rights act as here, where their behaviour is something culturally considered (by whom I don't know) to be worth protecting for posterity? Funny thing is its only them that benefit.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

You hit it on the head when you said people pay for their 'hook-up' Travellers don't pay for anything - even using hospitals for their health complaints etc.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Thanks Freeborn for your reply.

Taking what you say, I Googled Dorset Gypsy Sites to see if there were alternatives for these people to go camp on. I had to smile at what I found, apparently Bournemouth was thinking about putting in two sites but, they are still at the stage of consulting. I suspect that stage will last a long time as no one wants the kind of trouble you mention, especially if they decide to stay long term with their caravan lifestyle.

We now have 6 caravans and a couple of mobile homes illegally staying in the car park. Some are scattered around the site whilst others are deliberately in a group which makes monitoring them all, all the time impossible. What is interesting is that there is no equipment to show the work they do during the day when the men leave the site.

I watched a programme on what I expect gets up most people's noses who pay they taxes and that's about the property many own in Rathkeale Ireland www.nytimes.com...

The article gives details of how they have to use armed Police to Police the Christmas jolly and the feuds that take place within just the Irish travellers themselves, without mixing Romany with Irish travellers.

What irritates is that this prime example of group law breaking and violent behaviour is protected by the Human Rights legislation which recognises the ugly lifestyle of this ethnic group as needing protecting - one just has to ask for whom, generation after generation of uneducated men whose only attribute is the ability to bare knuckle fight and the generation after generation of their uneducated women used as breed mares and cleaners? How in this age can we really claim any form of cultural benefit for this traditional lifestyle in which crime is rampant?

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Some thoughts:

If your council own and manage their own housing stock, then it is council tenants and not council tax payers who fit the bill for any actions involving gypsies. Most tenants will not be aware they are paying when their owner-occupier neighbours are not.

The skip and porta-loos suggest the council are aware of the gypsies' movements and have made arrangements to reduce waste levels and clean up costs over last year. I bet when the gypsies leave, the skip and loos are left behind for the council (contractors) to collect.

Whoever owns the car park would be a fool not to collect 'rent' for the whole period the vans are there! If it is owned by the council and they have made a charge, it probably does not include also feeding parking machines.

Crimewave when the gypsies are in town? Good time to do a little fly-tipping and settle scores.

Like every other 'group', Gypsies are human, not homogenous and not all are criminal class.

Sometimes, I wish I had the nuts to chuck it all up, divorce myself from this fake systemic construct we call reality and become nomadic. Live a simpler, more natural life, not a slave to fiatism. Council Gypsy Liaison Officers are employed to work with Gypsies to get them to 'participate', get their children's births registered, get them immunised, indoctrinated and pacified until they too are shagged out from working for little more than to feed debt culture.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: teapot

Its a council owned car park. I suspect that all council tax payers will ultimately cough up for the extra expenses if the council hasn't factored these visits into their budget.

Just an odd point when I use to sit on a housing association committee it was the level of debt for mostly tenants that was the problem, the shared owners were better payers. But obviously were some of the big firms to shut here or our local hospital to go - as Cameron wants to shut down the A&E for this area, which could be his start evil git! they would also be in serious trouble.

Like your point about fly-tipping and settling scores etc - naughty ha ha.

I suspect you would have to work hard to collect any rent but I do think they should be clamped till they pay up and pay for the use of the skip and toilets. If you can afford luxury caravans and cars etc and you disappear during the day to most likely work, then you should pay your dues and not expect to leach off others.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: teapot

Whoever owns the car park would be a fool not to collect 'rent' for the whole period the vans are there!

And exactly how do you suggest 'the owner' goes about collecting the 'rent'?

Crimewave when the gypsies are in town? Good time to do a little fly-tipping and settle scores.

Ok, quite revealing about your nature.

Like every other 'group', Gypsies are human, not homogenous and not all are criminal class.

I've never met a chore who hasn't had an angle of one sort or another.

Council Gypsy Liaison Officers are employed to work with Gypsies to get them to 'participate', get their children's births registered, get them immunised, indoctrinated and pacified until they too are shagged out from working for little more than to feed debt culture.

You seem to admire 'the gypsy life'.
Have you ever actually met any gypsies and interacted with them at any significant level or scale?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join