It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian Refugees In My Town Making Me Nervous

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I have not had to worry about it so much. My governor did not want them here, so I don't think we got many, if any at all. I doubt they would stay long. A year in Urban Florida, and these Syrians may be wanting to go back to Syria lol.

Every time I see a woman in a Burqa, I try to start a conversation, but they just ignore me and seem to hurriedly walk away nervous. Do they fear backlash from their husbands? Or is it they have discovered my true motives is to discover the secrets they are hiding under that cloak, and beyond

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Jeez talk about creating a volatile situation.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

How are they just moving into town and opening a business when they're not allowed to work for a year? For the first year they receive assistance from the gov't but aren't allowed to work so how can they open a business?

In any case, any Syrian refugee coming to America has been on a two year, or more, waiting list while they get vetted from multiple agencies.
edit on 8-5-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

Or you can just go to a bank and take a loan like everyone else. Unless your credit sucks this shouldn't be a problem.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Exactly! How dare they not talk to the infidals! Funny how the OP says he isn't anti Muslim but automatically assumes the Muslim consider him an infidal because they aren't being nice to him. Derp!

Besides, if they keep up with out news they definitely know how Fox and the rest of the ilk feel about them so I'm sure they're more than a little intimated. It's not like coming to America was apart of the 5 year goal plans but they're gonna make the best of it.
edit on 8-5-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Here is a good question. What is our western medical establishment going to do when they have to start treating infected FGM's. Oh wait, our western medical practice practices MGM's. Both religious practice.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
Can they co-exist with Christians, this is a very Christian populated area I mean I just don't know.

Well, considering Christians, Jews and other religions are being gradually removed from most states where Islam holds sway, I would be tempted to say that co-existence with Christians is not on the cards. The inability and unwillingness to integrate is a really serious problem.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Just quick before I check out for bed... Remember the old saying? "Walk a mile in someone else's shoes".
When I was very young and to stupid to get it.. my father and mother said this to me. I'm calling child services on this, BUT. It wasn't untill i was punished for of all things... enter whatever here_______... I realised for as simple as a reason back in the 70's to program my own codes to play a stupid video game.. It was Dig Dug. ( MY FAVORITE GAME OF ALL TIMES ) THAT AND PITFALL..
These kids and family are without a cheat code.. they are in very hostile waters. Well here in the U.S.. they are up against Irish/German/Polish/ add anybody that came here for a new life.
They have very limited access to continue this game.

Do what I did 😉
One day I found a kid off the side of the road here. Flat tire was the issue. First I tried Fix A Flat.. didn't work. The kid was 20, spoke broken English, yet was in a full Army uniform. I bought him a New Tire... turns out, his child was Malnourished from Africa. He came here looking to help with his family.

As of late. I have made many new friends. This makes me VERY happy. I hate social interactions, but so far my interactions taught me something new. 😊

edit on 9-5-2016 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 12:20 AM
link   

How do you know that have you been there and seen it?

I wonder what the members from the UK have to say about that...

The people from these boards who live in London have denied it, as have just about every journalist entity with a smidgen of credibility. There are no such things as no go zones. There are Sharia courts, but we have Sharia courts in the US too and it has nothing to do with immigration, but rather everything to do with arbitration and people choosing value systems that match the people in question (you can do the same with Christian, Jewish, etc courts).

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: kenzohattori69
Here is a good question. What is our western medical establishment going to do when they have to start treating infected FGM's. Oh wait, our western medical practice practices MGM's. Both religious practice.

While male circumcision is an affront, female genital mutilation is an order of magnitude worse. Foreskin versus the whole external genitalia. Several European countries are banning male circumcision and I know the UK has made FGM illegal and clinicians have to report it when found - being treated as child abuse.

We stray.

The point is that some embedded societal and religious practices are not given up easily by those fleeing brutality and violence, and who choose (perversely) to move to the liberal West.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

What? I don't see why circumcision is an affront. I find it rather liberating. One less thing to worry about. Makes no sense for females though.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 12:37 AM
link   

How do you know that have you been there and seen it?

I wonder what the members from the UK have to say about that...

Being from the UK I'd say to calm the hell down, stop being so damn paranoid and not look on them as a potential target. They're human beings. Try to act like one too.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 01:20 AM
link   
You have no idea if they are Syrian refugees...They could be Boko Harem from Africa...They could be Taliban from Afghanistan...They could be ISIS...They are not vetted...They have no identification...

They do not believe in our Constitution...They believe in muzlim sharia law...

They are muzlims...We are infidels...We are the Great Satan...

It is good to know who and what you are dealing with...

edit on 9-5-2016 by Iscool because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 01:22 AM
link   
obvious sleeper cell :p

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I live in an area where to even get on the housing list you must and I repeat must have local connections. Yet we have an increasing number of people from Islamic countries who certainly don't but are getting a better service than Brits who would like to live here but have been basically refused.

If Britain is going to carry on helping refugees then they need to be under exactly the same rules as us and not creating a second set of rules that disregard our laws or bend our laws to suit their religious or cultural preferences.

You can't ultimately govern a country where you have to cherry pick what suits some groups and not others, especially when the others make up the main bulk of tax payers.

The government owes it to Brits to only take in the number of refugees this country can provide for properly and absorb. I notice that pressure comes from the EU to take quotas which don't take into account what slack in any country's infrastructure is available for people entering with nothing and needing everything given to them. This situation isn't sustainable especially with the new wave coming (that our government is being surprising silent about because of BREXIT).

No one tackles the plain fact that wherever you need to engage with social services regardless of whether its for children or adults, you hear the same mantra - there is absolutely no money in the system. Everything has already been cut back so far that trying to stretch nothing means not enough resources for everyone - even those whose tax contributions have been made over years and years and are at a vulnerable state in their lives.

I think we have every right to be nervous because we are already at the point of going bankrupt, the police don['t have to resources to protect people and unfortunately we are taking in people without proper vetting. Were everyone vetted we should be confident about them but when criminals target this country and get in, Yes Onequestion I think you are right and its because of a number of things apart from brain dead suicide bombers.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

Oh man, don't be ignorant, you can't expect people from another culture to adhere to your cultures standards.

You need to compromise.

Your ways are less important than their ways.

But if you visit their homelands, make sure to follow their rules.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Ha Ha! How soon should I expect to see some poor gay being tossed off the top of Civic Centre?

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 02:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

However, they have been moving in a bunch of Syrian refugees into my town and helping them open businesses.

Is that what I have to do to get a leg up in starting a business these days?

Fake being a refugee so I can open up shop selling baklava or something?

I'm sure as hell getting no help as an honest citizen.

Yeah, damn those privileged Syrian refugees.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Some of my best friends are Muslims from Iraq . They dont like the radical side either. I say like , I cannot repeat what they call them without an ATS manners violation.

Interesting to compare cultures.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 03:01 AM
link   

a reply to: KTemplar

I find that odd that they use military time.

The strict conformity to wearing the burqa kinda struck me as odd considering what's happening in their home country you would think they would want to break some of those nolds but I don't know I'm clueless

There is nothing odd about using "military time" What you refer to as "military time" is the 24 hour clock system which is used by civilians in damned near every country except the U.S.

Ever been outside the U.S.? You will find in most countries, 7 P.M. is 1900, 1 P.M. is 1300. The A.M./P.M. system is considered outdated like standard measures. It is a more metric way of measuring time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join