It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian Refugees In My Town Making Me Nervous

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Are they men alone, or men with families?

The way I see it, if they are men alone, they should be kicked back to Syria. If they ran and left their family in danger they are horrible cowards. If they ran and left their family, but they are safe, there is no valid reason to flee to Europe or elsewhere.......

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted
The 'not being able to enter parts of town like in London' is a lie - an out and out lie.

And now compare this to the instances we've seen in the US of Muslim Americans being attacked, harassed, abused...

I would love to see one instance of any Christian being abused or threatened by a group of Muslims, but it's not happening. We are, however, seeing plenty of examples of so-called "Christians" and "Libertarians" directly threatening Muslim Americans all over the country.

Over the last year alone I have seen more than ten examples of Christians, Conservatives and Libertarians protesting outside Mosques, making claims about terrorism based on something being overheard, someone seeing someone writing something they didn't understand, being abusive to Muslims, claiming an innocent meeting is somehow "criminal" if you're Muslim, even directly threatening them with murder.

It's bizarre to me that anyone in the US can believe that Muslims are the real concern when it's the white, gun-totin' Americans who are protesting outside Mosques and threatening others while claiming THEY are the one's in supposed danger.
edit on 9-5-2016 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

I would love to see one instance of any Christian being abused or threatened by a group of Muslims, but it's not happening.

Stuff like this sure does happen in Europe. Especially against Jewish people and western women. It seems there are differences between American and European muslim populations though. The percentage of the total population is one of them.
edit on 9-5-2016 by DutchMasterChief because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion I had muslims from Somalia living in my duplex neighborhood. They were rude, aggressive, and stupid. I caught some of their kids on my roof multiple times looking in to my kids room window. They would let their little bastards run amok in the neighborhood with no supervision. When I say stupid, I mean despite telling them their pos Honda civic is going to get stuck in the snow, they'd cuss you out rev their engines and slam right into a snow drift.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   
As someo e who isnt religious, its very particular how the usually anti-religious people gush understanding and tolerance towards Muslims, but appear very bigoted and intolerant of white Christians. You don't see these people chiding critics of Christians about how "most of them are good people" or "just treat them like humans".

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

A few years back there was one christian bashing thread after the other. None of the bleeding hearts had a thing to say about it.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Well, this thread is about a guy who's freaking out a bit due to to the simple presence of Muslims in his community. They haven't done anything, nor is there any apparent suggestion that they're planning to do so. He's unnerved simply because they're there.

It's okay to be apprehensive about change, but given many of his fears are based on outright misinformation about no-go zones and such, it's worth putting a few things out there.

I don't think anyone ever suggested Christians were arriving en masse to fundamentally change anyone's way of life, or indeed yo spread violence.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: DutchMasterChief The problem with atheists, is most of them are liberal sjw types. I'm one of the very few who isn't.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: DutchMasterChief

A few years back there was one christian bashing thread after the other. None of the bleeding hearts had a thing to say about it.

You know they used to call white folks who stood alongside black civil rights activists, "bleeding hearts. Funny the term is still being used by some to describe liberals. Is it meant to be a slur?

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   

I saw this an thought I'd share something kinda funny. I'm Atheist right, just wanted to say that. Religion is garbage, Muslims are just victims of brainwashing same as Christians.

Anyways, one of my Muslim neighbors was outside the other day wearing full black as they do, hijab though, not face covering. We almost never talk but they are friendly. I thought it was absolutely hilarious and amazing though I walked past her place the other day and she was relaxing on a chair on her front porch listening to heavy metal. lol. A middle aged Muslim immigrant. I thought that was so cool.

Anyways, back to your topic. I'm in Canada and where I live it's a huge mix of everyone from everywhere. It's pretty easy to spot a Muslim just like it is pretty easy to spot a Jewish guy or a Amish person, they wear identifiers (clothing, hats, untrimmed beards, etc etc)

One thing I have noticed is that out of all the groups, Muslims for the most part don't seem to recycle.
Muslim immigrants don't seem to hang out with non-Muslims (the children are more likely to than their parents though, since the kids are usually born here)

One thing I think I noticed last year but am going to really pay attention to this year is on Remembrance Day. I don't think I remember seeing any Muslims wearing a poppy as we ALL do here to show respect (and make donation to veterans when buying them). I want to see how many Muslims show up to remembrance Day ceremonies to show respect for those who fought and gave everything for our countries. I am very concerned when I think about it, I don't know if I've ever seen any Muslims at those types of things, I might be wrong and that's why I am going to watch intently this time and I'm going to actually count them.

If I'm right about this, and I won't claim to be until I double check next Remembrance day, I think I will find that very troubling..

edit on 9-5-2016 by DumpMaster because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   

You realize "military time" is the time the rest of the world uses, right?

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   
did you make it through the night dude ?
edit on 9-5-2016 by syrinx high priest because: I can't speel

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: syrinx high priest

I think the Syrians got him! Probably is being whipped in the city center as we speak.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Only read page 1 but it seems like a big rarara fest for the merits of having your local businesses infiltrated by these covert terrorists. How many hard working family oriented Americans have you seen opening new businesses in your area?

QUESTION EVERYTHING, there is a plan in place and it is NOT American friendly.

Your Head slashed off is what they want.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
ASK them what their Vetting Process was... Be honest with them, stand tall.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk
As someo e who isnt religious, its very particular how the usually anti-religious people gush understanding and tolerance towards Muslims, but appear very bigoted and intolerant of white Christians. You don't see these people chiding critics of Christians about how "most of them are good people" or "just treat them like humans".

Most people are like this because they have had experiences with Christians that they don't have with Muslims.
I loathe all organized religion, but lets not for one moment pretend that Muslims are the ones trying to force their views onto our societies.

It's not Muslims massing outside religious buildings in Texas with guns and masks, that's Christians.
It's not Muslims passing laws in states like NC and Mississippi, it's Christians.
It's not Muslims on radio talk shows preaching hatred and ignorance about LGBT people, that's Christians.
It's not Muslims holding seminars where they stand on a podium and peach hatred for others, it's Christians.

When Muslims are actually attacking others in our society and actually forcing their religious beliefs onto the society around them in our countries, then I'll be just as angry about them as I am about the hypocrite Christian Conservatives.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr

originally posted by: DutchMasterChief

You know they used to call white folks who stood alongside black civil rights activists, "bleeding hearts. Funny the term is still being used by some to describe liberals. Is it meant to be a slur?

I love how the conservatives have tried to spin the words "progressive" and "social justice" into insults. The alternatives are stagnation and injustice, which is actually what these people seem to stand for.

I would rather be considered a progressive than a stagnant fool unable to cope with an evolving world, and I would rather be considered a social justice warrior than believe that people should have the right to abuse others based on arbitrary things.

I'm very proud of these labels !

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Just wanted to add...

A situation being assessed with little to no information or investigation breeds ignorance. It's safe to assume that anyone who starred and flagged this thread is contributing to the growing ignorance as well. I haven't read the entire thread (for possible developing signs of extremism), but the OP is either extremely paranoid or has something vulnerable to lose. If the "refugees" have said nothing and/or have done nothing wrong, why is anyone nervous? Must be the conditioning...

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: DumpMaster

If I'm right about this, and I won't claim to be until I double check next Remembrance day, I think I will find that very troubling..

Will you also be counting how many white nationals don't do that?
Why does this one thing need to be some kind of defining factor for you?

Most of the countries these people come from don't have military parades, don't have national holidays where they worship their military might or even collectively remember events of their past - most of them are too busy trying to survive in an unstable nation wrecked by poverty.

I know plenty of people here in the UK who don't attend such events, or don't wear poppies. This insane believe that if you don't display something you're some kind of terrorist is a pretty f-ed up attitude to have.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I wouldn't trust them personally. I think Donald Trump sums it up with his reading of the snake. Trojan Horse.

On her way to work one morning
Down the path along side the lake
A tender hearted woman saw a poor half frozen snake
His pretty colored skin had been all frosted with the dew
"Poor thing," she cried, "I'll take you in and I'll take care of you"
"Take me in tender woman
Take me in, for heaven's sake
Take me in, tender woman," sighed the snake
She wrapped him up all cozy in a comforter of silk
And laid him by her fireside with some honey and some milk
She hurried home from work that night and soon as she arrived
She found that pretty snake she'd taken to had been revived