It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Australia was Invaded

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 06:04 AM
link   
A new TV series has just hit the airwaves called "Tomorrow When the War Began" and I had an interesting conversation with my Daughter who read the books, If Australia was invaded who would come to help ?

England has historical ties and large financial investment in the Country but if Australia was invaded by an Asian Country who would come and help us ?

New Zealand ? The No Voters would include sporting fans of Cricket and Rugby who would enjoy zero competition.
The yes Voters would be those tax payers not wanting to pay for the ex pats.

Lebanon ? Lets face it Sydney is "Little Lebanon" and if Australia was invaded they could be inundated with refugees back to their home Country so I would imagine they would do anything to prevent an influx back of criminal hordes to the Middle East.

Who has some input here ?

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: mazzroth

If australia was invaded you could count on England, the US, Canada, France, Germany, Japan, Singapore, New Zealand and a plethora of other countries to help.
edit on 8-5-2016 by DaRAGE because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Who, in the series, is doing the invading? Indonesia, I imagine.
The Americans have the naval power close at hand, and would surely use it.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

In the series it is never said. But it is meant to be China or Indonesia. Most Likely China.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: DaRAGE

Very good book series btw.

Cant believe theyre doing a tv series on it. Cant wait to watch

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: DaRAGE
I thought of Indonesia as the most realistic option. Don't they feel a sort of entitlement to all the islands off the coast of south-east Asia?
It would be a long leap for Chinese forces, and would be much more plausible if they controlled the intervening territory already, or at least Indonesia.
Either way, control of the sea would be key.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Why invade when you can immigrate and purchase
I figure we just turn the wildlife loose

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

it was meant to be an asian nation with a huge population. Indonesia and china fit the bill. But also the country was meant to be strong enough that they told the U.S not to intervene or else.... and the US didn't directly intervene.... The only option I can think of is China due to nukes.

link   
please delete this post

link   
please delete this post

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Well, the Japanese have been buying up large parts of Oz ever since I was there in the mid 90s, so need real need to invade.

Just buy the land instead.

Much easier.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: 1984hasarrived

The Japanese? Thought it was the Chinese, which by the way, only own less than 2% of agricultural land in Australia.

The U.K. owns far more

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Im not from there but i've relatives.

I would say Aussies would beat the living crap out of whoever invaded their territories.

Never underestimate pissed off populations.

they put out a tv series in the 80's in North America called 'The Day After'
www.imdb.com...

Seriously with all these doom movies, it's like they're pushing to scare people into manifesting this rubbish.

Anyways.. Thankyou for the nice post.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I am only ging on what I was told in Sydney in the mid 90s and back then it was the Japanese wheo were buying up land for golf courses etc.

No doubt things have since changed.

a reply to: Chadwickus

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 06:56 AM
link   
The Japs sold it all off after the Gfc and then after the big wave hit them

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Thanks for the clarification, and as I said I was basing my data from mid 90s

a reply to: Raggedyman

edit on 8-5-2016 by 1984hasarrived because: typo (it is much too early)

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   
The Aussies would knock the crap out of any invaders.

As an American I'd be cheering our down under cousins. If for some reason they would need help I'd bet practically the entire Western world would not hesitate to slap the $hit out of any would be invaders.

That latter is not postulation.

edit on 8-5-2016 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   
If any nation invaded Australia they would bring down a hail of fire on themselves the likes of which hasn't been seen for some time. You're talking nearly every nato country, Japan, New Zealand possibility South Korea etc.

That is of course not taking into account the Australians themselves wiping the floor with them.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Well, i live in Indonesia and it certainly wouldn't be them. If it was, their navy consists of hand me down's boats from Aussie, rowboats, rubber duckies, skiffs and the like. The airforce is outdated with few planes because they crash all the time. The army, well now your talking with 385,000 troops, but how would they get to Australia, swim?....the mind boggles friends. BUT, now China is another matter, with 2.3 million active military personel. But China buys their iron ore from the Aussie's so if it was them they would not be able to replace their armament destroyed by the Aussies, SO WHO?.......

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Is this show Australian?

Australian television is atrocious, I have very little faith in it being any good, even with a good story behind it

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join