It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Australia was Invaded

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: mazzroth

We have spiders and sharks and crocodiles and snakes and jellyfish and drop bears and cockroaches the size of cats and stinkin hot winters and inferno summers accompanied by lots of red dirt with even more snakes and spiders and massive Bungarras, who'd wanna invade this crazy place?

Seriously though, most, if not all UN and commonwealth aligned countries would enact a defense protocol to protect Australia.

For instance, the Australian government White Paper dictates very specific agreements for just such scenarios - the US government would simply not tolerate Australia being infiltrated by anyone - Australia is vital to Americas foreign defense strategy and has key strategic bases located within her shores - not to mention entrenched US (and other) citizens and a very strong history as a close partner in global US policy enforcement.

Tomorrow When The War Began is a great read, as too are the other books in the series.

edit on 8-5-2016 by Sublimecraft because: spelling

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Timely

Yes its a TV series, I just watched the first 2 episodes and the acting is pretty decent as is the script.

I personally think if say Indonesia launched a surprise attack they could easily take the North West gas Shelf and use that as a base to launch into the rest of the Country. Taking the Country would be alot easier than holding it though, its too big and sparse. How ever we would not be able to repel an invasion by our-self, we would have to heavily rely on the UK but their response time would be weeks and not days.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   
They would never survive our critters, trust me.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

I have to laugh when people say our critters are the fall back for defence.. in as many words.

deadly animals are everywhere.. yes we have alot of types. but it would be entirely based on how careless they was... i would hardly imagine any invader would do so without a good understanding of what they may encounter and have some protection against it.

I think at most, they only have to worry about snakes and spiders... why because they are small and undetectable in most cases... particularly if infantry is involved.. but as i said. surely they would have protection, wether through leg guards, boot protectors etc. so nothing can get inside.. or constantly checks... not saying its foolproof.. just in todays day and age.. you would be foolish if not prepared / protected.

so realistically when you say.. theyd never survive our critters... how often do you hear about ourselves getting attacked.. and compare that to how much we actually know about protecting against them... i can gaurantee the majority of people are clueless, other than something like... if you see a snake avoid it... or watch out for spider webs..

for instance, i live in a main coastal australian town... i know about snakes and spiders.. i know that redbacks can be found anywhere... i dont goto my toilet and check everytime (just in case) i dont look at my boots everyday (just in case)

so its entirely location / situational at best, and i feel it would only be very minimal in affecting anyone attacking.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: weavybaby

I don't think a lot of the Indiginous folk out there in the mulga would make it easy for them ( invaders ) either.

Once ... Not twice !

😎
edit on 9-5-2016 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Think on this ...

We are an arid continent ...

Fire would be our friend ... if push came to shove.

You can't really protect against that type of maelstrom ...

😎

edit on 9-5-2016 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   

It was invaded by Cain toads. Soon the whole country will be taken over by them.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 03:26 AM
link   
a reply to: weavybaby

In relation to your last paragraph.

I would prefer Chinese than Sharia.

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 03:29 AM
link   

If Australia was Invaded.

Lets look at this from the begining.

Who is likely to invade Australia anyway?
Do we have any enemies in the region, no.

Could they do without Australia knowing?
No, it would take years for any neighboring country to gear up for war, to change their economy from a peaceful economy to a war economy so we would know in plenty of time to respond diplomatically and militarily if necessary.

if concept of a surprise attach is nothing more than a scare tactic that politicians and other troublemakers use to try to scare the Australian population with.

We have diplomatic missions in all nearby countries and we have all sorts of business and community groups visiting our neighbors all the time. These people pick up intel which gets back to the govt rapidly without much loss of accuracy.

Whats in it for any of our neighbors to invade us anyway?
Our neighbors are emerging economies, they know that a 5 year war will in all likelihood, set their economic development back 20-30 years. Why would they want to risk all that?

We are seeing today that European countries are being taken over by Muslims using peaceful means, without a shot being fired. The Australian govt is allowing China buy up the country anyway so why would China attack us?

Why would they attack Australia knowing we have the US on our side?
We a have the ANZUS alliance and under that alliance US is obligated to side with us and provide the assistance we request.

In any event, the US owes Australia. Australia has sent troops to assist the Americans in Vietnam, Iraq and Afghanistan so they owe us anyway. If they did not assist us or made only token gestures of support then Australians would turn on the Americans for ever.

If we had and maintained a good neighbor policy with all our neighbors then we can keep the likelihood of military war with some Asian country to well below one chance in hell.

Why bother with all this crap about war with an Asian country? whose trying to stir up trouble now? I bet this has come out of the election campaign going one now.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

You left our cloned roos out of yer list mate!!!

Bally

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

and ... the Donk !

😎

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Dear Mazzroth,

Being French from Lebanese descent, and back as a Journalist to Lebanon since 1999; I find your description and stereotype of my compatriots quite unfair.

It is true, that Lebanese have some powerful corrupted individuals and men of power, but here are the values of the majority:

1. Family and motherland strong honorable values.
2. One of the best mix ethnicity since antiquity, with values of living together respectfully
3. (a)Currently Lebanon and its army have been on the frontiers fighting terrorist for many years, even without Lebanon being fully recovered from its previous wars. (b) The Lebanese Red Cross is one of the best in the world and its technics are taught throughout the world of Red Cross
4. I will not go into history of country, but look at the present in every major country of the world you will find Lebanese inventors, Lebanese physicians and inventors, Lebanese humanitarians, Lebanese Christian missionaries, and Lebanese Wine

5. Lebanese are brave, they fear nothing, they survived conflict since antiquity.
6. Most Lebanese have 2 nationalities/passport that they are ready to die for in case of conflict.
7. Lebanon is the best country in world in term of welcoming and supporting refugees on its lands, up to a point where our demography has changed. In Lebanon alone you have: 4M Lebanese and 2M refugees (Syrians, Palestinians, Iraqis, others...) and now all of Europe cannot support 0.5M refugees?
8. The Big Majority Lebanese in Sydney will be so brave to be the first to defend Australia, and they'd do that with total honor.

Therefore here's my answer: Lebanese will be the most reliable in terms of street fighting defense and any invasion, they have the experience, the know-how, and the courage to die for their cause.

Thank you

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Feeling very touched

OOOPS, wrong one

Feeling very touched

with the the outpouring of support in the event we were invaded. Awwww you guys....... really? HALF the world would come to our defense?????

WOW! I just wanna hug yous all.

edit on 9/5/16 by Cinrad because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Good I hope Australia is invaded and I hope no-one comes to help. Then give the land back to the natives. Canada and America can be next.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: BLee8127

Good I hope Australia is invaded and I hope no-one comes to help. Then give the land back to the natives. Canada and America can be next.

Give it back to the natives?

You mean like, take there welfare payments & government housing from them, then send them out bush to survive on tubers and Kangaroo meat, like they used too?

Sure, the "natives" quality of life could be better, but the reality is that the English invasion over 200 years ago has worked out pretty well for everyone who currently lives here.

btw, Australia is not going to be invaded...it just simply isn't in Americas best interest to ever allow any other world power to acquire the landmass and natural resources.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Don't be posting non-PC stuff like that, next you'll be labelled a racist.

Don't you know self-hatred is in vogue at present?
Oh, and those bastard English are responsible for all of the world's woe's!

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   
If Australia was invaded, I'd use the bastards as target practice.

We don't take that # lightly.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: celinem

What are you going to do ?

Chuck rocks at them ?

Bows and arrows are prolly all we are allowed ...

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Timely

I have my A and B firearms license and a safe full of goodies, I'm set..

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: celinem

That's good !

I'll distract them with rocks and an illegal slingshot,
whilst you pick them off ...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join