It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For Those Without Their Mom On Mother's Day

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

What a wonderful post.I believe also much the same.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

This is also my first mother's day since my mother passed away. I feel for you and thank you.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Thanks you are a real sweetheart. Ive seen you in a lot of threads and always you come across as a very good hearted person. Thank you and stay blessed.

I mean it.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

Thank you so much Sweetie! My heart goes out to your friend losing her Mom the day before Mother's Day. How tragic! I'm 58 and was very close to my Mom as well. She lived in the apartment just below mine so I saw here every day, sometimes twice a day and helped her with a lot of things. Try just showing up at your friends house instead of calling. Give her a big hug and just be with her if you can for a while.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I just want to add.
I am alone in this world now. I miss mom and dad and all my other deceased family.
I have no children nothing I miss hugs and all that.
I can honestly say I have not had a hug since 2007.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Thank you! I knew I wasn't alone. My Mom passed away in October, so I had to experience my first Thanks Giving, Christmas without her, New Years, Easter...and Mother's Day is of course a big thing. My heart goes out to you.

edit on 7-5-2016 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Naturallywired
Thanks you are a real sweetheart. Ive seen you in a lot of threads and always you come across as a very good hearted person. Thank you and stay blessed.

I mean it.

How very sweet of you to say. Thank you so much!

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Naturallywired
Here is a huge hug for you! Sorry it is merely via the interwebs, but that is all I can do right now. Ever want to chat then I'm here. Just PM. You'll find a bunch of people here, many are nice.
edit on 7-5-2016 by Tiamat384 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Naturallywired
I just want to add.
I am alone in this world now. I miss mom and dad and all my other deceased family.
I have no children nothing I miss hugs and all that.
I can honestly say I have not had a hug since 2007.

I don't have children either or my Mom and Dad, but I still have a Husband, siblings and friends. You have your ATS family, right here! We are more than just faceless strangers behind a screen. We are real live people and we care.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Very sweet thread Night Star.

I'm really sorry. She must have been pretty great to raise someone as kind as you.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Nightstar, you are so thoughtful. I mean that. Thank you for this thread. Tears came to my eyes when I saw the title.
It is still so painful for me. I loved her so much.

I'm sorry for your loss. I remember the thread you made when she was sick, and you were taking care of her, but I must have missed her passing away.

Blessings to all us orphans.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   
No child

Everything else is true.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

She was a great Mom! Thank you for your kind words!

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Yes, it is very painful and I knew this thread would bring a lot of tears, like the ones I'm trying to see through now as I type, but I knew there were many here who were in the same boat, who might need this thread right now. My thoughts are with you Honey.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384
No child

Everything else is true.

LOL! Leave it to you to make me laugh through my tears. For those who don't know, I kind of adopted Tiamat as my virtual Son. He is so loving and I love that little guy! Thank you my sweet Angel! Aside from that, I have my pets who I care for and love too.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Didn't I say no one should have tears in their eyes!? I distinctly remember saying so. Ah, but mother does not listen! Glad to have made you laugh, but really there should be no tears in your eyes at all!

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384
Didn't I say no one should have tears in their eyes!? I distinctly remember saying so. Ah, but mother does not listen! Glad to have made you laugh, but really there should be no tears in your eyes at all!

Too late, but thanks anyway. At least you make me smile and even laugh through the tears.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Well don't cry. You know there is no reason.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Night This is a beautiful Thread! Very thoughtful, (as You are always), of you to create this!
I was writing a poem to post here, but nothing sounded, looked, right, considering how important this is to everyone Who has lost their dear Mother either recently, or even years ago.

I lost My Mom in 2002. I would think that by now, all would be ok. It is sadly not. I'm not seeking pity here, just stating facts about it all... I still cry, on occasion when Thinking of Her. I still laugh at Her silliniess. It just still seems so , well, surreal, I guess...

I remember an incident, She relayed to Me years ago, when She and one of My Aunt's were in a store somewhere talking to, like everyone, as they would do, and my Mom then noticed that She had a blob of jelly from a donut that morning, on the front of Her blouse! We all laughed our collective Ass's off after hearing that tale!!

She was also a Secret GrandMa to a little baby, years ago. She was on Her way home when she saw a sign, at the end of a driveway that said, "It's a boy!" She turned around, went back into town and bought a gift for that little Baby. She did now know the people what-so-ever. After that, each year on the same day, She would leave a gift on the door step of that little child...

My Mom had a heart of gold. I like to share memories of Her, when I can, so that others will know how special She was/is! Even though She is not here physically, She will always be on My mind, in My heart...

Syx...

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak
Your mother sounds amazing Syx. Remember do not hesitate with the "was" and "is". "Is" is the proper word because she is with you still. Don't worry, we all cry at times. What's important for you(and everybody else) to know is that crying is fine and that in the end, through all your sorrow and tears we are here with you, ready to embrace you till you feel warm again. We are here for you to comfort you both in the public forums like here and in the houses that we all own that line the alleyways(PMs).

From what I have seen of you, your mother is looking down at you with immense pride and so much love. She is there watching you as from the Sun and clouds, but residing all the while in your heart. She is a part of you and always will be. Right now she is looking at you, so happy to see you have not forgotten, she loves you. She is here now with you.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join