It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For Those Without Their Mom On Mother's Day

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Your Mom sounds like a beautiful person Syx! Thanks so much for sharing that with us! It doesn't matter how recent or how long ago our losses are, they are losses all the same and matter. HUGS!

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

That was so beautiful Tiamat!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Night StarThanks, and I am glad for you that you have that. Keep it, live it, respect it and cherish it. Many upon many do not have that.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Naturallywired

If ever you need to talk to someone, my message box is always open. HUGS!

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

From You Night:
" It doesn't matter how recent or how long ago our losses are, they are losses all the same and matter."
I couldn't agree more! Today, Yesterday, or Years ago. A Loss is a loss, and matters deeply!!

She IS wonderful!! When growing up, I'd ask Her, "Mom? What do You think of, (My girlfriend of that time)?" and She would say, "Michael, Whoever makes You happy, makes Me happy." So simple, and yet so eloquent...

a reply to: Tiamat384

That was beautiful My Friend! Thank You!

I admit to crying. No shame in that for Me. I am only Human, right?
Even with all the stupid crap I did growing up, She relentlessly Loved Me. I knew that then, and now...
It is what It is!...
It's all Good!...

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   
It is a mothers job to love us even when we are at our worst. Not even a job, but mothers simply do because they know there is something more to us and that in us there is much of them. Never forget, no one should ever forget, that their loved ones are watching them and love them and listening, always listening and always proud.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Thanks for sharing more about your Mother Syx!

Anyone else can feel free to share as well.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   

I know Night Star, your saying this so we can give you mothers day presents. If I knew how to download a cake I'd do it, I can make reservations at the Cyber Cafe so you could go out and eat cyber deserts and cyber lobster.. You'd make a good mother, problem is you are probably younger than me. I'm sixty.

My mother died about nine years ago and I do miss her but usually around her birthday and the holidays like Christmas and Easter when we have our traditional dinners.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

I know Night Star, your saying this so we can give you mothers day presents. If I knew how to download a cake I'd do it, I can make reservations at the Cyber Cafe so you could go out and eat cyber deserts and cyber lobster.. You'd make a good mother, problem is you are probably younger than me. I'm sixty.

My mother died about nine years ago and I do miss her but usually around her birthday and the holidays like Christmas and Easter when we have our traditional dinners.

LOL! You could be my Brother! I'm 58. We can still go that cyber café though.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   
As I walked out of the plant and down the hallway toward my office 2 years ago. I had a big smile on my face, and I was chuckling to myself about something very funny that had just happened at work. I knew I had to call my best friend (Mom) and share it with her. As I rounded the corner and entered my office, the smile left my face, as whatever shield protects our minds from hurtful memories was let down long enough to remind me that Mother had passed away a year before.
Happy Mothers day Mom! And Happy Mothers day to all you Moms out there!

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem
I'm sorry. That sounds terrible. Hope you told her anyways. You know she'd laugh, and she did. I'm sure of it. Take care.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Hey friend, that was really nice. See you soon!

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I'm not with mine, but she's actually grieving hers, so I just let her be.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Awwww. HUGS!

I know when my Mom first died I would almost stop at her door to open it and realize I couldn't do that anymore, or I'd start to dial her number out of habit.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: breakingbs
I'm not with mine, but she's actually grieving hers, so I just let her be.

Noooo, don't let her be! She needs you now more than ever. No matter what she says, just go be with her. She is hurting and needs the extra love. I am so sorry you lost your Grandmother! HUGS!

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: confirmed

Those are beautiful!!!!!!!

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Tries to find picture to compete with confirmed...CANT EVEN FIND ONE GOOD ENOUGH...

(Yours just fine
..)

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   

We decided it, no prob's. Her dcsn....

Thanks!!

(Sorry you miss yours btw...)
edit on 8-5-2016 by breakingbs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Lost my mom over 19 yrs ago. Hardest loss of my life. I had a hard life and was angry a long time. Then during a deep depression in my mid twenties I realized 'she did the best she could with what she had to work with' as do we all.

All the bitterness and anger left and i saw the gentle kind honest woman she was. I can only hope I have lived up to those examples.

NightStar...first year is so hard. My thoughts are with you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join