It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Knapp interviews Tom DeLonge about his big project

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

Ok, all good then. I have great respect for you and your knowledge regarding the ufo phenomena as I have read in here. Personally I welcome anything at all related to the issue, even fakery can be demystified and misinformation shown for what it is.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
a reply to: Vector99

I imagine an interview is much more "calido" than a cold AMA though, right?

I mean maybe the guy is like me, and just hates typing on a phone. If I haven't got a keyboard I could lose touch with my frickin family, I hate phones so badly!

Then he shouldn't have agreed to the AMA. Do it right or don't do it at all.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Springer

Nice one.

I recently listened to Knapp's interview with Greg Bishop on C2C. They touched on DeLonge's accounts and Greg compared them to when he had similar experiences with the Intel folk. They cast their net wider by referencing Bennewitz and, obliquely, LMH. That drifted towards the MJ-12 material and a couple of Lazar mentions.

It was a classy interview which reminded me of how good Knapp can be and how Greg Bishop's always high in my estimation.

All that said, my eyes are wide open to the possibility that this is yet another disinformation campaign being played out at the highest levels but I have to admit that in my mind that is an unlikely reality, there might actually be some genuine honesty emanating from on high in our government/military industrial establishment. (I can't believe I just wrote that)...

This is the aspect that intrigues me the most. People purporting to be high ranks are making big claims with little substantiation. Due diligence suggests they are indeed who they say they are. Disinfo, chain yanking or whatever, there's a reason for it that we can only guess at.

I'm scratching my head until things are clearer.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

I'll just say this... I know Rob Williams and he has never indicated that he has tried to reach out to the presumed "power brokers/gate keepers" we've all been hearing about since forever.

J.L. was being hounded by the USG for a pot charge, I don't think he'd have got far either.

I'll say it again so it's clear, I'm not saying I know that this amounts to anything more than a bunch of wishful thinking, but I do know Tom DeLonge has been granted access to people I've never seen anyone get face time with.

Based on what he said in the interview it is my opinion that we will find out one way or the other sooner rather than later...

RE: The media project; if there is a story to be told I would think that in this day and age the multi media plan Tom has devised is a solid way to tell it.

Obviously I could be way too optimistic but this is the most intriguing thing I've seen relative to UFOlogy in many years.

Time will tell if I'm misguided in my interest.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   

You will get no refutation from me, hey I said in my first post that it was a disaster, or words to that effect.

I have seen the first part, and one thing stands out: Tom DeLonge says, and I quote: " I think this is a tough thing to swallow and I really believe that there are elements to this that the general public are not ready for..." More or less.

It is important to me this comment...the public are not ready for...what?

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

You will get no refutation from me, hey I said in my first post that it was a disaster, or words to that effect.

I have seen the first part, and one thing stands out: Tom DeLonge says, and I quote: " I think this is a tough thing to swallow and I really believe that there are elements to this that the general public are not ready for..." More or less.

I think it's fantastic that we have grown sophisticated enough for us to let Rock stars make that determination for us.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

The media project; [B]if there is a story to be told I would think that in this day and age the multi media plan Tom has devised is a solid way to tell it.[/B]

It wreaks. The plan wreaks of marketing-bull#.

How did these ass-hats ever think that UFOs-as-a-concept-album would fly?

I'm in hysterics.

You can't see it because: inter-webs. But I'm in hysterics.

I'm almost dead now.

edit on 7-5-2016 by Bybyots because: ? ? ?

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   

“Why it's been kept secret? When we bring that out, people are going to step back and go, ‘Whoa. Holy cow. Now, we understand,’” he said.

This interests me greatly. I'm associating it with the comments made in the AMA about the interest in our human souls.
Pretty spooky stuff.

Also mentioning 'global security", makes one a bit uneasy.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

They really have created what they wanted, for whatever reasons. Nobody knows if ufo's exist or not and nobody can say why they are so clearly disregarded within society, They did a good job, fact! By they I mean AFOSI and the CIA specifically.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Nobody knows if ufo's exist or not...

I do. And so do you.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Fair enough and I too doubt Lennon would have got far. I still have suspicions about how he ended up dead as well!

I have a lot of respect for George (Knapp) and I understand your trust in him. I don't doubt his integrity myself.

However all I can say is this 'scenario' is most suspicious and there are so many interpretations that can be made here.

i) Tom is just doing it all for kicks and cash. Otherwise why are his books fiction (a whole series of them?). Why does he need to record 'concept albums' about it all and make a science fiction film or two?

ii) Tom is interested but being played by the unseen hands to confuse and pollute the waters once again.

iii) Tom is actually part of the plot and knows what he is doing as he's part of the 'secret hand shakes' club.

iv) All of the above.

v) Tom is being told the truth, the absolute truth and nothing but the truth. But for some reason he still wants to put it out as fiction.

vi) Something else.

I think we disagree on the way it's being presented but let's wait and see how it all unfolds. I'm sure it will be interesting.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I think it's fantastic that we have grown sophisticated enough for us to let Rock stars make that determination for us.

I don't understand the determination you refer to but I think I get the general point. It is a sarcastic point about a pop star being relevant am I right?

There are so many aspects to the ufo story, so many that in fact it is easy to disregard, because so many...so many people have seen unexplained things but it is easy to ignore.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   

ii) Tom is interested but being played by the unseen hands to confuse and pollute the waters once again.

This is the part I fear may be the truth.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
We are all being played.

And that's good. Because otherwise fine minds would not contribute to the Story.

But altogether we form an organism that rejects plain-in-your-face bull#.

ATS is a teaching machine.

"Stay Tuned", as a certain SLAYER is occasioned of saying.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I don't understand the determination you refer to but I think I get the general point. It is a sarcastic point about a pop star being relevant am I right?

There are so many aspects to the ufo story, so many that in fact it is easy to disregard, because so many...so many people have seen unexplained things but it is easy to ignore.

I'm not ignoring the UFO, high strange, mystical, etc, as I've had my own unexplained experiences as well; It's just that giving the most important info in history to a pop star seems like a scene straight out of Tinseltown. Contrived and somehow a bit corny.

But the "trickster" has a wicked sense of humor!!
edit on 7-5-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I do not disagree. The question is why is this person here (by here I mean in our world), and what can they tell us and...lots of questions, right?

I may have been one of the first to mention disinformation, that doesn't make me special, it should make me a suspect! I get it, seriously. I am fascinated by how Tom has appeared on the scene, and I am sure his appearance will be relevant.

edit on 7-5-2016 by Jonjonj because: addition

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Tom is spending money, he says he hasn't made a penny off any of this (and after my years of involvement with this topic and trying to raise awareness I BELIEVE HIM completely) and is funding it all out of pocket.

The books (there will be many) are going to be both fiction and non fiction, I assume they led off with the Sekret Machines novel because it's a fantastic story (I've read it - it's pretty damn good) "based on actual events" to capture the imagination and attention of the people he's trying to reach, but that's just a guess on my part, I didn't ask him why.

There will be (so I'm told) more than one non fiction book in the ultimate collection.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I also believe George Knapp is a standup guy, he can only report the info he has. But I am tired of people (Tom, in this case) supposedly in the know, saying we aren't ready for the truth. Teasing without delivering, which makes me think THEY don't know the truth. If they did, why wouldn't they just say it?

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman

I think we disagree on the way it's being presented but let's wait and see how it all unfolds. I'm sure it will be interesting.

That is exactly what I'm thinking, there's nothing much to pay attention to in the UFO realm and, as I said, this is intriguing to me for multiple reasons so I will be paying attention to it.

I am very much looking forward to seeing how it unfolds and figured I'd share it with those who might also be interested.

I love this community we've built over the last 13 years (ATS) and always enjoy the discussions about the UFO phenom.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I might be jumping the gun but I'm sending my headshot and resume to Mr. Tom D. Perhaps I can get an audition or an AD gig for the DVD. I'd even be satisfied with being a PA; It's going to be a very interesting project, no matter the purpose or intent.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join