It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Knapp interviews Tom DeLonge about his big project

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

George Knapp is, after all, close friends, and working associate at times, with members of the so-called Aviary...and that never seems to bode well for factual information regarding UFOS, eh? Mythology & Subterfuge R US. Oh boy...I'm guessing Tom is in for the ride of his life!!

edit on 7-5-2016 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Nobody playing "poker" tips their hand, unless there is a big payoff.

Until such a time as there is a big payoff for the people who may know "secrets",
then the biggest payoff would be well-crafted disinformation.

You can get "pay back" with disinformation an infinite number of times... as the easily deceived will always assume that there is a kernel of truth being held back..

You could at most get a big payoff ONCE with a genuine disclosure.. but people are unpredictable animals.. there is no guarantee that disclosure would be worth it to the persons holding the cards. Disinfo about disclosure can be used an infinite number of times, with no chance of botching it.

It's basic game theory...

I agree with you and Bybots (I can't believe I said that); this is superdoty.

Kev
edit on 7-5-2016 by KellyPrettyBear because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   

There's a history of murkiness and we're only bystanders.

Ufology has wilted to the point of near-death and its participants are probably outnumbered by wild elephants. The field had some media influence and it's practically gone in the past decade.

*If* Delonge is being told ufological tales by powerful people, it's gotta be interesting. Media is the message they say. So why would anyone be imparting messages to TD?

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Welcome back.

I have learned so much from your posts and research.

Kev

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I clicked the links Mr Springer. I was hoping it was a new C2C show. Kinda bummed it was 2 short spots on a TV news blurb.

Or is there a new interview and i am missing something?
Thanks Though.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

.............this is superdoty.

But we want Auntie Doty Kev...

I mean "Anti-Doty"

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Oh My God!

I'd thought that I'd better mention: Richard Doty?

You are not off the hook because there is a new super-Doty.

We've got our eye on you.

Okay.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

There's a history of murkiness and we're only bystanders.

Ufology has wilted to the point of near-death and its participants are probably outnumbered by wild elephants. The field had some media influence and it's practically gone in the past decade.

*If* Delonge is being told ufological tales by powerful people, it's gotta be interesting. Media is the message they say. So why would anyone be imparting messages to TD?

The question is, why have we been bombarded by "ufological tales" since Kenneth Arnold?

Someone sure wants us looking up at the sky, rather down at our feet and at 'reality'.

Kev

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

It is important to me this comment...the public are not ready for...what?

It has bugged me how he has made that reference multiple times, it almost feels intimidating, likes it's possible that he is being played. I hate being spoon fed, he wrote a good book, but I don't feel like waiting for part 6 of sekret machines to find out answers to these questions. It feels like I'm being extorted, not informed.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Springer

RE: The media project; if there is a story to be told I would think that in this day and age the multi media plan Tom has devised is a solid way to tell it.

yeah - scientists and peer reviewed science journals are so flakey aren't they - unlike musicians
edit on 7-5-2016 by aynock because: filled out

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

Hi, Kev, thanks! You and Kandinsky bring up the most interesting point: Why the promo? Which brings me to a question: Does anybody here have a grasp on what Tom Delonge's personal "Core Story" is? I know crashed saucers were mentioned---are there any other tried and true ufology staples in Tom's version?

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

I know crashed saucers were mentioned

according to tom they didn't crash - it was deliberate on the aliens part - they are giving the various human factions advanced technology so that they will use it against each other, as a way of finding out who is the 'strongest'

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Springer
. . .

FWIW I was blown away by the statement in part two (I'm paraphrasing here), "they found a life form in a crash and there have been multiple crashes that have been investigated and cleaned up via an organization/project that is bigger than Apollo or the Manhattan were".

When I consider the ramifications of that statement, if it's the truth, it brings to mind what several people have told me in the past that I just couldn't believe because there was zero evidence to support it beyond some classified documents obtained through FOIA which could be interpreted in many ways.

That's the same thing that my close relative told me 35+ years ago. He didn't say specifically that it was bigger than the Manhattan project or Apollo--though he did imply it was plenty big.

Further, he insisted that the 'crash teams' could go to any spot on the globe more or less instantly.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Thanks Springer for starting this thread.
The lengthy conversations and view points, always make these threads an excellent topic for discussion and reading.

I just like to add my own view.

Hey if this young guy who was and still is famous, wants to put he's own money into this arena. Were we are all looking for answers, than good for him and maybe us. With the number of people he can bring into this arena, will by definition increase awareness and support.

People should give him a chance to air he's views any findings and than make a decision before discounting him straight away.
So you have some millions sat in bank, and have interest in UFO's, what do you do..

It's a good place to start to get people interested in the topic no??
If you can make a a bit of cash along the way to fund things wouldn't you?

edit on 7-5-2016 by Baldric because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   
If anyone wants to read a whole lot of garbage (with perhaps a few interesting points), go here;

exopolitics.org...

I'd love to be proven wrong, but to my eyes this reeks of shenanigans like Doty-Linda Moulton Howe, Serpo, and Close Encounters of the Third Kind being promoted as a coverup for a real series of events.

Yes, I hope I am wrong, but this looks a lot like the proverbial carrot dangled in front of the ass.
edit on 7-5-2016 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-5-2016 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   
The elitists thinking "the cud-chewin' masses aren't ready for the truth" always rubs us weirdos the wrong way... but, along with being jaded and cynical and knowing this is another sleight-of-hand, a wee part is worried something really might be breaking to the public surface... due to something that just can't be hidden anymore...

as long as we're stuck in our seats with perpetual coming attractions, anyway. thought I'd spitball some "fear" to legitimize their patronizing perceptions.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I bought and read the "Sekrets" book. My review is here.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Springer

YES.... finally...

Ive been waiting for an update in the form of an interview after reading his new book!

Cheers for bringing this to our attention SO!!

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Yes, indeed.

Humans have been fed a constant diet of "wishful thinking" for thousands of year.

"Oh no, you won't die! Just obey us totally, and the man upstairs will let you live forever! Promise!"
... 2,000 year pass
"Oh no, you won't die! Not soon anyway! We have secret ALIENS and their magic-like technology
on the side of right! God Bless America!" "Coming soon!" "Promise!" "Pinky Swear!" "Even those
dirty, hard to control ATHEISTS get some of this "renamed god juice rammed down their throats!"

Same song, different tune!

Kev

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   

He can tell you about the airships of 1897, blimp-shaped objects reported throughout the West over the course of three months.

"They went across the country and landed in certain cities, and mayors and senators met with the pilots," says DeLonge. "It was national news. And then they completely disappeared. No one knows who they were."
www.rollingstone.com...

He's a believer who also happens to be a musician which makes it news , does that also make it credible ?
People may be familiar with the event quoted above but mayors and senators meting with the pilots did I miss that part ?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join