It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London elects Sadiq Khan, first Muslim mayor, after ugly campaign

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: TheTory

The left uses racism to paint the conservatives as evil Islamphobes while giving a man with dubious links to extremists political power.

Not true.
Goldsmith ran a negative campaign , even Tories admit that.
Report from the Torygraph

The Conservatives’ tactic of accusing Mr Khan of “legitimising” extremist views failed to win over voters in the capital, and was described as a “vile smear” by the Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn.

Several senior Tories expressed dismay at the “outrageous” and “appalling” strategy, while Mr Goldsmith’s own sister Jemima Khan said she was “sad” that his campaign did not “reflect who I know him to be”.
www.telegraph.co.uk...

However Downing Street made it clear David Cameron would not be withdrawing his criticisms, suggesting the Tories may plan to use Mr Khan’s controversial past in future attempts to undermine him.

Once a Bullingdon bully boy always a Bullingdon bully boy , easy to see why he and Goldsmith are mates , Dave isn't averse to throwing outrageous allegations around either.

Seems to me Margaret Thatcher was a terrorist sympathiser too !
www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

That's a bloody myth at best, and propagandism at worst.

Repeating a lie often enough may make some believe it, and it may even result in bad policy being enacted by tyrants for their own benefit, but it does not make it true, or believing it any less bloody foolish.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

A similar thread was posted, not that I was aware of it, but news like this deserves all the attention it can get! Funny enough, as is the way with ATS, threads like these get little attention while any and all pro-Trump threads fly to the Front Page.

ATS, a cesspool of conservatism. Sad really.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Well, I don't know the guy but I'm going to assume he isn't going to be dragging his religion into office with him but that didn't stop his conservative opponent from doing it! Typical really.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TheTory

It's always funny to see conservatives defends themselves against racism because of the two camps actual racists fall under the conservative roof but of course it's the liberals fault for pointing that out. Banning all Muslims, not racists. Calling Mexicans rapists and murderers, nothing prejudice about that. Or conservatives not liking Obama because he's half black? It's all the whiny liberals fault, amirite?

Btw, are you saying Obama has ties to racism? Is this based on the right wing school of thought that he is apart of the Muslim brotherhood?

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: imod02

So you're saying all Muslims are the same and they all hate democracy? How about the Muslims living and serving in Israels demorcratic Jewish state?

A few bad apples in the Middle East do not represent all Muslims, just an FYI.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

And here's the ignorant post of the day that I was waiting for to enter this thread.

Stop watching Fox News and reevaluate your world views because they are completely flawed, and hateful.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
most whites done vote on things like this.
the muslims see this as a way to take over.

ones places in uk westmidlands has a 1% turn out.
even I could have won! or my dog.
hmm! I would lose to my dog..

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: buddha

Bull.

Here we go again, "most whites" and "most Muslims"..

You invalidate your own position by engaging with the material in such a shallow and unhelpful manner.
edit on 7-5-2016 by TrueBrit because: Increased accuracy

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: buddha
most whites done vote on things like this.
the muslims see this as a way to take over.

ones places in uk westmidlands has a 1% turn out.
even I could have won! or my dog.
hmm! I would lose to my dog..

There has never been a 1% turnout anywhere. The lowest turnout ever was in 1942 in Poplar I believe - and that was 9.3%. There's a reason for that. There was a damn war on.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Ignorance comes from those that never have learned their lessons in history, Islam is a law and then a religion, those that wants to ignore the truth are bound to face the consequences.

Time is in my side, ignorance comes as ignorant goes, it will be in my lifetime when I will be saying, I told you so.

Everything happen for a reason is not such things as surprises, the invasion of northern Europe by Islamic immigrants has been planned and very well executed.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: Swills

Ignorance comes from those that never have learned their lessons in history, Islam is a law and then a religion, those that wants to ignore the truth are bound to face the consequences.

Time is in my side, ignorance comes as ignorant goes, it will be in my lifetime when I will be saying, I told you so.

Everything happen for a reason is not such things as surprises, the invasion of northern Europe by Islamic immigrants has been planned and very well executed.

So the total disaster that has been the Syrian Civil War was planned???

......are you daft or something?

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
London, you inspire me!

Why are you inspired they elected a Muslim? I get inspired by how good someone performs, not what god they worship or if they have a penis or not.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: Swills
London, you inspire me!

Why are you inspired they elected a Muslim? I get inspired by how good someone performs, not what god they worship or if they have a penis or not.

His platform was the main reason why he was elected. Goldsmith ran a terrible campaign, Khan actually bothered asking about issues like housing, which are important here at the moment. House prices are so ridiculously high right now that most people are renting rather than buying.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join