It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London elects Sadiq Khan, first Muslim mayor, after ugly campaign

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

London (CNN)Sadiq Khan, a practicing Muslim and Labour Party politician, has been elected mayor of London, marking a political milestone in the Western world.

Londoners voted in Khan, 45, as the first Muslim mayor of a major Western capital city. He will take office in a metropolis where his fellow Muslims comprise about 12% of the population.

His victory followed an unusually bitter campaign against Conservative candidate Zac Goldsmith, the son of a billionaire, in which race and religion have proven ugly flashpoints.

London, you inspire me! But I'm sure the conservative base will be in an uproar considering the right wing news of how Muslims are taking over Europe with their No Go Zones! Although, I'm sure with a Muslim major the attacks will be vicious. Obama isn't even a Muslim but that doesn't stop the accusations!

Shockingly, his opponent is a conservative billionaire who probably held back no punches! Sounds familiar!
edit on 6-5-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

I'm really surprised as I'm sure many others as well.

Thread here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

I see you like gifs to!

This is a step in the right direction! Fox News is going to have a field day with this I'm sure! Glenn Beck too!

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I think a similar thread was posted. but I am not sure about it being exactly the same. it;s a big issue and there will prpbably be a few threads about it.

I would star and flag you if you posted a thread saying "hey all, it's Friday!", but this deserved both

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   

This should please conservatives for a few reasons. Getting a liberal (secular) Muslim elected mayor of a city like London will serve as a very positive force against Muslim fundamentalism.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   
This is probably a very good choice, IMO.

I hope he has good protection.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I hope he does a good job.
I think he is going to be more Londoner than Muslim, frankly. I'm uneasy about anyone dragging their religion with them into public life. I don't believe it has any place in the 21st century. It should be a private thing.

Anyway, time will tell. Won't affect me as I go to London a couple of times a year, stay in the same hotel, see a show with swmbo and go to the same shops then home.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 02:09 AM
link   

It does sound familiar. The left uses racism to paint the conservatives as evil Islamphobes while giving a man with dubious links to extremists political power.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 04:13 AM
link   
As muslims have stated many times they do not belive in Democracy, so its possible that Muslims were told by there leaders that it was Gods will that they vote for him. This is how people who do not belive in democracy take control. Its a form of terror that is sometimes enforced by phyical actions.
edit on 7-5-2016 by imod02 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 04:29 AM
link   
a reply to: imod02

I know loads of Muslims who believe in democracy. What a ridiculous point to make.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 04:32 AM
link   

I am interested to know where you got that information from? And if it is only 1 or 2 Muslims your judging a population based on what only a minority of people are saying.

Quite Sad to see indeed.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 04:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
www.cnn.com...

London (CNN)Sadiq Khan, a practicing Muslim and Labour Party politician, has been elected mayor of London, marking a political milestone in the Western world.

Londoners voted in Khan, 45, as the first Muslim mayor of a major Western capital city. He will take office in a metropolis where his fellow Muslims comprise about 12% of the population.

His victory followed an unusually bitter campaign against Conservative candidate Zac Goldsmith, the son of a billionaire, in which race and religion have proven ugly flashpoints.

London, you inspire me! But I'm sure the conservative base will be in an uproar considering the right wing news of how Muslims are taking over Europe with their No Go Zones! Although, I'm sure with a Muslim major the attacks will be vicious. Obama isn't even a Muslim but that doesn't stop the accusations!

Shockingly, his opponent is a conservative billionaire who probably held back no punches! Sounds familiar!

Now everyone will come to understand that he and his religion is truly about making peace throughout England now. peace be with you all

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 04:41 AM
link   

I'm just happy that in this case a Billionaire couldn't buy London's top job , Kermit the Frog could've been elected and I'd still be happy it wasn't Goldsmith.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 05:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

I'm just happy that in this case a Billionaire couldn't buy London's top job , Kermit the Frog could've been elected and I'd still be happy it wasn't Goldsmith.

Goldsmith was a terrible candidate who practised dogwhistle politics. And his transport policy made no sense.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Mork calling Orson, Mork calling Orson............

You give me the clap, Mork......

James T, what have you to say now.

Khannnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 05:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: imod02
As muslims have stated many times they do not belive in Democracy, so its possible that Muslims were told by there leaders that it was Gods will that they vote for him. This is how people who do not belive in democracy take control. Its a form of terror that is sometimes enforced by phyical actions.

I've never met a Muslim who DIDN'T believe in Democracy. In fact, the only people I know who don't vote are white, British, bigoted types who spend all their time screaming about how bad and dangerous all other people are while quoting bullsh*t from the Daily Heil and ranting about the evil EU.

As a gay Brit I can say from experience that the only religion to give me ANY cause for concern in this country is Christianity. No Muslim I have ever met, worked with or socialized with has ever told me I'm going to burn in hell, or told me I'm living in sin, or supported laws removing my rights, or attempted to get me fired from my job simply because of who I sleep with, or bitched about me behind my back to their fellow Muslims...

This kind of duplicitous hatred of others seems to be specific to CHRISTIANS.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 05:50 AM
link   
A great victory. Some of the campaigning against him has been terrible - utterly divisive.

He stood on policy, not religion. He won on policy. His views, in my opinion, are in line with the political movement sweeping the west that espouse a non interventionist foreign policy and the bravery to speak out against crooked govts and nations exploiting their citizens. He has the kind of views i would vote for in a Prime Minister, never mind Mayor of London.

I couldn't give a damn what religion he believes in. Anyone who forces David Cameron to stand up in Parliament and try to smear a person as a terrorist in order to get his racist pal elected is golden in my book.

Sadiq Khan represents the very best of a generation of children of immigrant parents who have embraced British values. He is a true Brit in every sense.

edit on 7/5/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Well, for Londoners, time will tell, I don't live anywhere near London, thankfully, so that's one less worry for me. (London, England, that is)

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Did ALL Muslims repeatedly say that they do not believe in democracy, or is that just something that SOME Muslims said on television or in the papers? These are very different things.

Given the following, that :

A) News media is designed to divide the people, allowing unscrupulous individuals to retain their power, rather than having it justly taken from them and given to the great mass of the people...

and B) That no poll of ALL Muslims has ever been carried out, that all survey groups are selected to offer weight to a particular argument in wider society, rather than to offer a genuine view of the feelings held by members of demographics, which necessitates too small a sample size to have statistical relevance of any sort...

I fail to see how you can make such a claim, without being absolutely aware of the automatic fallacy you are engaging in.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   
The Islamization of England has started, invade the nation, create generations of Islamic followers, create chaos, discontent, fear and call it racist, intolerance and bigotry and then take over the government, people will not recognize England in another 25 years.

The art of war, I bet the Islamic nation reformist had done extensive studies on the Chinese classic.

new topics

<<   2 >>

join