It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump's new finance guru: once a Clinton donor, Soros employee

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Substracto

The tides are changing for him now. People can see how vile Soros is,
and Trump is like the light house they need in order to escape from the monster who's held them captive for so long.

Karma or whatever people prefer to call it comes back eventually and it's coming for him.

edit on 5/6/2016 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
It would appear that the Soros link may be as tenuous as the fact that Soros was an investor in OneWest bank.

Politco article

The Politico article also seems to suggest that Trump will be part funding his campaign and taking small donations. There is a meeting on Thursday next week to iron out the details.

Looks like, at the very least the media and anti-Trumpers have jumped in a bit soon on this one. It's always best to wait and get details. I'll wait to make judgement on this until I know more. certainly if Soros is shown to be investing it is cause for worry, but at the moment there is no evidence of that and indeed no evidence that Mnuchin and Soros even know each other.

One to keep an eye on...

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
At the end of the day I believe we the people can agree on one important point (or respectfully disagree):

Soros and the establishment do not represent the values of we the people in regards to the issues at hand. IMO both parties are spiraling into chaos. They will stop at nothing to undermine you, myself, and every other law abiding citizen of this great nation, democrat or republican.

This is the unfortunate hand we have been dealt with and now it would seem Trump is slowly letting the establishment creep in. Something to keep an eye on moving forward.

Just my opinion.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Substracto
a reply to: amazing

Amen! but whenever I look at Cruz, I see a count, count dracula and not a baby jesus believer.

oh and to lighten things up a bit, please check: www.youtube.com...

Brilliant! LOL Love Cruz as the hunchback! LOL

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   
More...

Soros and Mnuchin do in all liklihood at least know each other professionally:

In the world of high finance, Steven Mnuchin is best known as the guy who led the private buyout of IndyMac. The Southern California regional bank was drowning in bad mortgages after the financial crisis of 2008. Mnuchin and a group of investors, including John Paulson and George Soros, bought the bank for $1.55 billion and turned it around changing the name in the process. OneWest now has assets of $25 billion and $14 billion in deposits. While Mnuchin was rebuilding the bank, he was also quietly investing in Hollywood. His Dune Entertainment started helping Fox finance films in 2006. He’s been a part of the X-Men franchise, Alvin and the Chipmunks, and the most successful movie of all time, Avatar. According to the New York Times, Dune and another private hedge fund covered as much as 60% of the budget. At the time it seemed like a huge risk. Avatar’s budget was spiraling above the $200 million mark and an original story was (and still is) a huge risk in Hollywood. But it more than paid off. Avatar grossed $2.7 billion at the global box office making it the highest-grossing film of all time (on an unadjusted basis). Despite the success Mnuchin has had with Fox, after a number of deal extensions he told me both parties felt it was time to move on. For the next four years, he will be helping Warner Bros. finance all of its movies aside from the Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter franchises. Mnuchin expects to have a position in 75 films with a reported investment of $450 million. Movies might seem like a strange investment for someone like Mnuchin but it makes sense considering his past success in making risky bets. He dove into the world of mortgage-backed securities at a time when most financiers were running the other way. Hollywood is similarly risky. It’s almost impossible to tell if any one movie will sink or swim. Avatar was a huge hit but Pacific Rim, another big budget original sci-fi story from a visionary director, was a flop. Mnuchin gets this and unlike other Wall Street folks who have moved out to Los Angeles and fancied themselves film pickers, Mnuchin knows when to take a back seat.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Hilarious stuff, I think Cruz would be famous as a horror movie prop or a comedian!

Its not untinkable to speculate, that Trump actually knows Soros or had contact with him, after all, he probably knows most of the worldwide VIPS, big investors and media moguls. It's a total different dimension, full of connections webs, shadows companies and financial explorations.
edit on 6-5-16 by Substracto because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Does the term "degrees of separation" make any sense to you? It would appear on the outside that the concept flies right over your head. How about "magnitude of contribution?" No? Perhaps "Overall Return on Investment Potential?" Still no?

Soros' CURRENT fund managers donated a half a million dollars to Kasich to keep him in the race as long as possible.
www.thepoliticalinsider.com...

With this Mnuchin business, first we're dealing with an individual whose fingerprints are on a total of $120,000 in political donations to BOTH parties over the course of 20 years (in other words, a HELL of a lot less than the single bankrolling effort we're talking about where Kasich is involved.) and we're talking about a guy who worked for Soros Fund Management, as an investment professional, for less than 1 year, 13 years ago.
www.publicintegrity.org...

From 2003 to 2004, Mnuchin worked as chief executive of SFM Capital Management, which the Wall Street Journal reports is backed by Soros. He also worked for Soros Fund Management LLC, according to Bloomberg.

Are we experiencing perspective issues again, unable to tell the difference between $500,000 TODAY given by CURRENT Soros managers and $120,000 over 20 years given by someone who worked for Soros 13 years ago? Sure seems that way.

ETA: I'm not taking any bets with you that require me to avoid insulting you.

So you filled a big block of text, instead of just saying you were wrong about trump, hook line sinker.

So this time you chose being off topic , more deflection plz.

How many more excuses will you bring today

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Oh? What did you find off topic?

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Sorry, got overly excited by my clever comeback and my fat finger hit reply twice. I'll wear the ass ears for that.
edit on 6-5-2016 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I don't think its possible to avoid these people in politics. It is kinda funny that Cruz and Kasich basically quit at the same time.
edit on 6-5-2016 by MEDIKATED because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Yawn. You would think that by reading back a few pages in this thread, and read what you wrote a while back, now defending this soros connection. Heres a medal for trying real hard.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
You would think that by reading back a few pages in this thread, and read what you wrote a while back, now defending this soros connection.

This would seem to be an incomplete sentence, unless your intent was simply to state that I would think, in open ended, general application of the word "think." If that was the intent, then we have found common ground, huzzah! I do, in fact, think. If you were intending something more than that, it would seem your intentions outpaced your abilities and you failed to relay your intent coherently.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Does the term "degrees of separation" make any sense to you? .

He has recently donated to George Soros's super-pacs...Specifically "America Coming Together"..Backed by Soros and Unions...tracking more down ...Back to you soon
edit on 7-5-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 02:25 AM
link   
May 13, 2016 - Important Development

The financial heavy-hitters are now stepping up to the plate, to bat for Donald Trump...

""The decision by Republican mega-donor Sheldon Adelson to endorse Donald Trump could have huge implications for the presumptive presidential nominee's ability to raise money, Newt Gingrich says.

“It’s a very big signal,” Gingrich told The Hill.

“Everyone knows that Sheldon is a very serious man and to have Sheldon come in as strong as he did” will encourage other influential Republicans to get behind Trump, the Georgia Republican said.""

Source: thehill.com...

cwm

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   
RE: www.foxnews.com...

Why do you need $100 million to beat Hillary Clinton? Her "star" is falling quickly on it's own. I just read that Bernie's rally's are 80% larger than Hillary's, and the DNC is in panic mode.
edit on 5/14/2016 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join