It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump's new finance guru: once a Clinton donor, Soros employee

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Funny the guy who hates big government thinks highly of the king of big government reagan......

Its funny with the pseudo "right" yoyr like the left. You just support diffrent forms of big government.

The USA started spiraling down hill since old pressy ronnie

This does actually raise a good debate about what limited govt actually means. I always thought it meant govt reach, not the size of govt or the amount spent... Reagan did increase the deficit and the federal workforce during his presidency, but how much control did the states and local govt have compared to centralised left wing policy?

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
This does actually raise a good debate about what limited govt actually means. I always thought it meant govt reach, not the size of govt or the amount spent... Reagan did increase the deficit and the federal workforce during his presidency, but how much control did the states and local govt have compared to centralised left wing policy?

The trouble is those figures include military, R&D, and programs that were well funded and staffed in Reagan's years, such as NASA. There were a lot less regulatory and nanny agencies in Reagan's time. There also wasn't automation to the degree we now have. If any of today's NSA, ADA, HSA, etc agency/program data collection and analysis systems had been in place before the digital age, we'd have had half the nation on the federal payroll just to have enough eyes to look at everything.

There are less federal employees today, but (and I admit this is largely thanks to GW Bush) the amount of government intrusion into American lives is astronomically greater than it was in the 80s.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

The trouble is those figures include military, R&D, and programs that were well funded and staffed in Reagan's years, such as NASA. There were a lot less regulatory and nanny agencies in Reagan's time. There also wasn't automation to the degree we now have. If any of today's NSA, ADA, HSA, etc agency/program data collection and analysis systems had been in place before the digital age, we'd have had half the nation on the federal payroll just to have enough eyes to look at everything.

There are less federal employees today, but (and I admit this is largely thanks to GW Bush) the amount of government intrusion into American lives is astronomically greater than it was in the 80s.

Thanks for the info - that's exactly what I meant. I think the term limited govt is often interpreted in different ways , but for me limited govt = limited intervention in peoples day to day lives.
edit on 6/5/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Late Breaking News! Donald Trump is neither a Republican nor a Democrat! He is Satan!!!

I read an article in the news yesterday ( HERE ) about Trumps new campaign finance guy, and it was kinda interesting, but no surprise. As stated in the article:

Less than 48 hours after Donald Trump locked up the Republican presidential nomination with a primary win in Indiana, Steven Mnuchin, a second-generation alumnus of Goldman Sachs Group Inc., threw his weight, and connections, behind him. Mnuchin will be Trump’s national finance chairman, looking to tap a network of bankers and hedge-fund managers for campaign cash. His goal is to raise $1 billion from donors of all stripes.

Mnuchin and a couple of his old Goldman Sachs buddies raised $1.55 billion to buy IndyMac Bank, a large California mortgage lender that failed in the 2008 financial debacle. They were able to make the purchase for pennies on the dollar after the market had bottomed out. Then, in 2014, Mnuchin and his buddies sold the bank, renamed as OneWest Bank, to CIT Group Inc., the lender run by John Thain, another Goldman Sachs ex-employee, and made off with billions in profit.

Bottom line is Mnuchin and a couple of his Goldman Sachs cohorts, who were major cotributors to the financial collapse in 2008, were able to cash-in big-time on the disaster they orchestrated in the first place. Many innocent people lost their homes and livelihoods to these crooks while they made off in the sunset like bandits.

Between Trump and his Goldman Sachs partner, it sounds to me a lot like the Corporate elite is getting ready to make the final payment on the wholesale buyout of America the Beautiful. I’m afraid the joke’s on us. So, go ahead and elect this sociopathic snake oil salesman as our fearless leader. Let’s give him access to the launch codes while we’re at it. After all, what could possibly go wrong? Christ, most people will believe anything...

On a different note...

What a self-serving SOB Trump is. He told voters to stay home and not bother voting on Tuesday in the West Virginia primary, since he’s won the nomination already. Has this goon ever voted himself before? He should have known there are contested local races on the ballot, as well. But, he doesn’t give a hoot about such underlings anyway. The only person that matters to Donald Trump is Donald Trump.

I hope he’s the only one to show up for his nominating convention.

Russian Roulette anyone?

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Its the fact you think Trump will invoke REAL change and hes anything other than a lying blow hard I think stupid.
Its the fact Americans are so easy to give there trust away!

I've not veered at all from my initial statement I made after Trump advocated a moratorium on allowing entry to the US from Islamic countries. THAT idea resonated with me and I applauded it. I also realized something, Trump represents the best shot this country has at salvation. If Trump does what he's promised, it will be wonderful for America across the board. "America first," speaking as an American, is exactly what this country's president should always be about. If, however, Trump is a liar and does the opposite of what he's promised, he's drawn in enough people at this point to represent a potential firestorm of backlash which could well burn this mother straight to the ground if they get pissed enough. Again, I win. If the nation is just going to plod along on it's recent slow train to hell, I'd rather see it burnt down so we can rebuild it properly.

Ok ok

Hope and change hope and change

Oh you old cynic!

As cynical as they come.
If any politician said the sky was blue Id have to go outside and check.

Politicians
Terrorists
Pedophiles
Bankers

Are all pretty much in the same league

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   

a reply to: dukeofjive696969

You mean my candidate? My dad never has hired anyone with any political background to my knowledge, and since he's my hero, your statement would be in error.

But as far as Trump hiring him... and? Arguably the most respected, honored modern figure in the Republican party was Ronald Reagan. Reagan admitted years later that FDR was his personal idol, and he voted for not only FDR all 4 times, but straight ticket Dem because FDR advised good Democrats to do so. I personally believe FDR was a much larger POS than Soros is, so if that admission by Reagan doesn't make me think less of him, do you honestly think I give a rat's hairy ass that one of Trump's advisers worked for Soros?

You flip flop more than your savior, your getting caught with your pants down on this one, you went from saying anything soros touches is commie and evil, to hey the guy hired knows the business, don't change, you trump cultist are just too much.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
You flip flop more than your savior,

I've read the Bible a number of times, and don't recall anywhere in the Gospels citing Jesus "flip-flopped." Pick your spoon back up and stir the pot some more because you're doing a piss poor job of it so far.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
You flip flop more than your savior,

I've read the Bible a number of times, and don't recall anywhere in the Gospels citing Jesus "flip-flopped." Pick your spoon back up and stir the pot some more because you're doing a piss poor job of it so far.

Just say you were wrong, you won't look so foolish, this thread is not about baby jebus, make more excuse on top of not answering simple questions.

You got caught with your pants around your ankles, and your still trying to save face. Epic fail
edit on 6-5-2016 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   

That's twice now that you've mentioned my pants being down. I'm troubled by the fact that you seem so preoccupied with mentally picturing me bare assed. I'm flattered, but don't dance that dance, friend.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   

That's twice now that you've mentioned my pants being down. I'm troubled by the fact that you seem so preoccupied with mentally picturing me bare assed. I'm flattered, but don't dance that dance, friend.

More deflection, we can do this all day, today its ok for trump to be associated with an ex soros worker, but a while back you fumed over anything soros touched, oh and my 9 year old has better arguments even when she knows she's wrong

Another strike and a miss, shall we keep this going, i bet you five bucks your next post will be either insults, deflection, or innuendos that have nothing to do with this thread about trump.

Im so giddy i cant wait for your reply lol

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I've been telling you guys for months that Trump and Clinton are best friends and hang in the same circles, yet you fail to see that they are no different? You think Trump is an anti-establishment -independent. He's Clinton Light. Sort of a Republican sort of a Democrat all 1%, except is much more abrasive and offensive than Clinton. I know he speaks his mind but so does my drunk neighbor and I don't want my drunk neighbor to be president. I know he's a businessman, but he started with millions and all kinds of connections. He didn't start from zero and has no idea what it's like to be poor, or middle class or working class. He's like Romney, except loud. You didn't like Romney. Just sain.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   
so there is only 1 candidate left that is immune to big money influence.....
edit on 6-5-2016 by syrinx high priest because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

And he doesnt believe in baby Jesus! he only believes in the green god, yes the one that you can find in wallets instead of churches.

Go baby Jesus, go!

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Substracto

And he doesnt believe in baby Jesus! he only believes in the green god, yes the one that you can find in wallets instead of churches.

Go baby Jesus, go!

And the Republicans are ripe for a Cruz and Baby Jesus team up.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Amen! but whenever I look at Cruz, I see a count, count dracula and not a baby jesus believer.

oh and to lighten things up a bit, please check: www.youtube.com...
edit on 6-5-16 by Substracto because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Does the term "degrees of separation" make any sense to you? It would appear on the outside that the concept flies right over your head. How about "magnitude of contribution?" No? Perhaps "Overall Return on Investment Potential?" Still no?

Soros' CURRENT fund managers donated a half a million dollars to Kasich to keep him in the race as long as possible.
www.thepoliticalinsider.com...

With this Mnuchin business, first we're dealing with an individual whose fingerprints are on a total of $120,000 in political donations to BOTH parties over the course of 20 years (in other words, a HELL of a lot less than the single bankrolling effort we're talking about where Kasich is involved.) and we're talking about a guy who worked for Soros Fund Management, as an investment professional, for less than 1 year, 13 years ago.
www.publicintegrity.org...

From 2003 to 2004, Mnuchin worked as chief executive of SFM Capital Management, which the Wall Street Journal reports is backed by Soros. He also worked for Soros Fund Management LLC, according to Bloomberg.

Are we experiencing perspective issues again, unable to tell the difference between $500,000 TODAY given by CURRENT Soros managers and $120,000 over 20 years given by someone who worked for Soros 13 years ago? Sure seems that way.

ETA: I'm not taking any bets with you that require me to avoid insulting you.
edit on 6-5-2016 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Soros is a disease, I cant phantom how a filthy rich guy like that wants to medle everywhere and create chaos just for his own profit and agenda.,

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   
It looks from this guys resume that he has not worked at Soros' company for about 12 years.
He now runs his own capital management firm.
We don't actually know what his relationship to Soros is - or whether he even speaks with him - but it's not a surprise that the media story leads with it and his earlier work with Goldman Sachs as an employee and even less of surprise that anti-Trumpers would fail to do any proper research on the guy and just parrot the media.
I am not clear yet exactly what this guy is about, or indeed how he plans to raise money for Trump's campaign.
We need to know more.

Mr. Steven Terner Mnuchin, also known as Steve, is a Co-Founder, Co-Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of Dune Capital Management LP. Mr. Mnuchin co-founded OneWest Bank Group LLC in 2004 and served as its Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. He is a Founder of Dune Real Estate Partners LP.
He was an Investment Professional of Soros Fund Management LLC. Prior to joining CIT, he was Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of IMB Holdco LLC. Previously, he served as the Chief Executive Officer at SFM Capital Management from 2003 to 2004. While at SFM, he served as an Executive Vice President since February 2001 and Co-Chief Information Officer from February 2001 to December 2001. Mr. Mnuchin served as a Member of the Executive Office at SFM from December 1999 to February 2001. He was responsible for overseeing mortgages, U.S. governments, money markets, and municipals in the fixed income, currency, and commodities division from December 1998 to November 1999. From November 1994 to December 1998, Mr. Mnuchin served as the Head of the Mortgage Securities Department at SFM. Prior to SFM, he served as the Chief Information Officer at The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. since December 2001. He spent 17 years at Goldman Sachs where he was a Partner. He has extensive experience in investing and financing the entertainment business. He has financed major blockbusters such as American Sniper, Gravity, Avatar, and Life of Pi. He has been the Non-Executive Co-Chairman of Relativity Media, LLC since October 2014. He served as the Chairman of CIT Bank, N.A. and its Director from August 8, 2015 to March 31, 2016. He served as the Chairman of OneWest Bank N.A. He has been Vice Chairman of ESL Investments, Inc. since 2003 and serves as its Director. He has been an Independent Director of Sears Holdings Corporation since 2005. He serves as a Director on the Yale Development Board. He is a Member of the Board of Museum of Contemporary Art Los Angeles (MOCA), New York Presbyterian Hospital, the Los Angeles Police Foundation and UCLA Health System Board. He served as a Vice Chairman of CIT Group Inc., from January 2, 2016 to March 31, 2016. He served as Vice Chairman of CIT Group Inc. from January 2, 2016 to March 31, 2016 and previously served in the same role from August 8, 2015 to December 12, 2015. He has been a Director of CIT Group Inc. since August 2015. He is a Trustee of Sculpture Garden Board. He was a Board Member of Junior Achievement National Board, the Whitney Museum, the Hirshhorn Museum, City Harvest and Riverdale Country School. Mr. Mnuchin has a bachelor's degree from Yale University.

His current board associations are with:

Dune Capital Management
CIT Group
Sears Holdings Corporation
Relativity Media

Board Associations

I am pretty sure this guy will be tied into the small world of financiers but I am still searching for evidence that contributions will be coming from Soros.

I have found his partner in Dune Capital , a Daniel Neidich, is connected to David Rockefeller through the RCPI Trust.
edit on 6/5/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Speaking of rats...

www.washingtontimes.com...

Soros funds Obama probably owns him too

Rather, it’s liberal billionaire George Soros, who has built a business empire that dominates across the ocean in Europe while forging a political machine powered by nonprofit foundations that impacts American politics and policy, not unlike what he did with MoveOn.org.

Mr. Soros, who made his fortune betting against the British pound during the currency crisis in the early ‘90s, is a well-known supporter of progressive-liberal causes and is a political donor to Mr. Obama’s campaigns. He committed $1 million to Mr. Obama’s super PAC in 2012.

Mr. Soros spurred the Ferguson protest movement through years of funding and mobilizing groups across the U.S., according to interviews with key players and financial records reviewed by The Washington Times.

edit on 5/6/2016 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

he also had a lot of protegés on his own scholarships, who turned his back on him and his ideals, Viktor Órban current prime minister of Hungary is one of them.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join