It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump's new finance guru: once a Clinton donor, Soros employee

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Now that Donald Trump is openly soliciting Mega-Donors this is his new Campaign Finance Chairman Steve Mnuchin.

Like Donald Trump himself, the Trump campaign’s new National Finance Chairman has a long history of contributing to Democrats — including Hillary Clinton.

Over the years, more than half of Mnuchin’s federal-level political contributions have benefited Democrats, including President Barack Obama and Clinton, Trump’s all-but-certain general election rival.

During the 2004 presidential race, he donated to two Democratic candidates: John Kerry and John Edwards.

And ahead of the 2008 presidential election, Mnuchin donated not only to Obama, Clinton and Edwards, but also to Democrats Chris Dodd and Bill Richardson. Republicans Rudy Giuliani and Mitt Romney also received contributions from Mnuchin.

Mnuchin’s contributions to Democrats extend to the current cycle.

For instance, he donated $2,000 in February to the U.S. Senate campaign of California Attorney General Kamala Harris, a Democrat. Last year, Harris described Trump, who had personally contributed money in 2013 to Harris’ political committee, as “someone who clearly cannot be a leader.”

Mnuchin worked as chief executive of SFM Capital Management, which the Wall Street Journal reports is backed by Soros. He also worked for Soros Fund Management LLC, according to Bloomberg.

www.publicintegrity.org...

Would never look to or expect to move the needle on Trump Supporters...

But it is strange days when the far right's hero hires someone as Head of Fundraising and Finance who has supported Pres. Obama, Hillary Clinton and worked for George Soros...

Eyes wide open folks..

More here:
Trump Names Hedge Fund Manager as National Finance Chairman
www.bloomberg.com...

Trump's New Finance Chair Led a Bank That Made Millions Off Taxpayer Bailouts

www.motherjones.com...

Trump Picks Former Goldman Partner And Soros Employee As Finance Chairman
www.zerohedge.com...

Strange days indeed..

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   
If this doesnt blare out warning klaxons I dont know what does.

But the those caught up with the cult of Trump will be blind to it.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   
If Trump wasn't part of the system before, they'll do whatever they can to get their hooks in now.

But there was evidence out there that he was part of it before.

At this point, what are the alternatives? Oh, right, there aren't any.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5
But it is strange days when the far right's hero hires ...

Oh puh-puh-puh-please.

Trump is NOT the hero of the far right. I am the Far Right. Trump is a sheep in wolf's clothing. Just another RINO.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
If Trump wasn't part of the system before, they'll do whatever they can to get their hooks in now.

But there was evidence out there that he was part of it before.

At this point, what are the alternatives? Oh, right, there aren't any.

Yeah you are royally screwed.

Whoever wins the USA losses.

Least your smart enough to see how screwed you are and not taken up in the "make Merica Great again" hype that Trump will fix everything and bring rainbows, unicorns and lollypops to the USA like some on here (or vice versa with Bernie).

May as well vote Trump and burn the whole thing down quickly that opt for a slow death with Hillary.
edit on 6-5-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I like trump less and less as time moves on. I had hopes for him at first though, a little.

Guess I'll be voting Libertarian again.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Picking and choosing quotes to fit your agenda?

Mnuchin is a businessman, and just like anyone in their line of work, he donated bipartisan.
But:

Mnuchin, a registered Republican, said he joined the presumptive Republican nominee at Trump Tower on April 19, the night he won the New York primary.
"He's bringing a lot of people into the party who have not been part of the party in the past," Mnuchin said. "Donald's appeal is way beyond the traditional political candidates, and what he stands for and represents is a completely new approach.''
Mnuchin said he particularly likes Trump's economic platform, including a plan for simplifying the tax code, and expects the real estate developer to surround himself with smart people.
He has also given a substantial amount to Republicans, including $20,000 to the Republican National Committee.

It sounds like he is a smart, successful person.

www.bloomberg.com...

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Look, we cannot expect that every person behind Trump is suddenly a convert. It is hard enough to believe Trump is, but not everyone behind him will be too.

It is a troubling thing. We'll see where it goes.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

I'm a Trump supporter and oppose this choice of his.

Am I a "Cultist" still?

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   
If anyone thought Trump was anti-establishment before then I hope this opens their eyes that he's part of the establishment and has been since the beginning.

Makes you wonder why the media keeps on hounding him even though they KNOW it is only driving his numbers up. It's because they're trying to make him look like an outsider so that he'll win, they know people are sick of the status quo which is why they have been building him up as an outsider.

Trump is a wolf in sheep's clothing.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain

Am I a "Cultist" still?

Not if it sets of some concerns and raises some questions.

It the ones on ATS who think Trump can’t do any wrong and he will bring magic to DC and fix everything. As bad as the Bernie fans.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain

Am I a "Cultist" still?

Yea, same here.

I guess it another election of wasting a vote for Gary Johnson or voting for Trump hoping the SJW's keep their promise and move to Canada?

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

We'll see where it goes. I'm not ready to vote for Hillary just yet because you know that's what a vote for Johnson will be unless something completely unexpected happens.

I knew this crap would start and this is why I didn't vote for Trump.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

Picking and choosing quotes to fit your agenda?

Mnuchin is a businessman, and just like anyone in their line of work, he donated bipartisan.

Not at all...I included this

" Republicans Rudy Giuliani and Mitt Romney also received contributions from Mnuchin. "

As well as this..

"more than half of Mnuchin’s federal-level political contributions have benefited Democrats, including President Barack Obama and Clinton, "

So he worked for George Soros and funded Pres. Barack Obama's campaign and the majority of his contributions have been to Democrats...

You can decide to interpret or spin those facts as you choose.

I am just presenting facts.

You are welcome to you own conclusions..

Like I also said in my OP: Would never look to or expect to move the needle on Trump Supporters...

edit on 6-5-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

We'll see where it goes. I'm not ready to vote for Hillary just yet because you know that's what a vote for Johnson will be unless something completely unexpected happens.

I knew this crap would start and this is why I didn't vote for Trump.

For sure! I would rather have someone who would shake up Washington politics though than vote for another globalist. Hillary would be another 4 more years of Obama.

Not to mention Bill Kristol is trying to run Ben Sass as a Libertarian. The GOP seems to be admitting they are done, so they will disguise the party and infiltrate the Libertarian party......

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Yeah, that'll go over like a lead balloon. The Establishment needs to just understand they are cooked and they have only themselves to blame. Most of them need to become Democrats and take over that party. They'd have a better chance.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   

He also donated to Republicans Steve Forbes, Rudy Giuliani and Mitt Romney

The desperation of the #nottrump crowd is woefully apparent at this point.

Complete non-issue.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Look at Trump's personal life, and tell me that he lived/lives like a conservative? course not..

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

He also donated to Republicans Steve Forbes, Rudy Giuliani and Mitt Romney

The desperation of the #nottrump crowd is woefully apparent at this point.

Complete non-issue.

I am confused how presenting facts is desperation. Or even anti-Trump?

Facts don't vote? They don't care?

I think your brain will thank you once you realize that...This isn't a birth certificate thread...this is the Contributions and Work History of the man Trump has chosen as his Finance Chairman...

You are welcome to do what you like with those facts, but might I suggest that plugging your ears and closing your eyes is beneath you?
edit on 6-5-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Gary Johnson. Give him 5% of the vote and end the two party system domination.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join