It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sadiq Khan on the verge of making history: London's first Muslim Mayor.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: tommo39
a reply to: Lagomorphe

In theory you comment is positive, but if you know anything about islam you will be sadly disappointed. The koran teaches there is nothing above allah, not government, queen, president etc. So his objectives must be always for allah's needs, and not the people of London. Don't forget the koran teaches muslims to go forth and convert ALL infidels and non believers to islam. THIS will be his priority's as it is for all muslims.....

And the Bible teaches Christians to beat their women, murder homosexuals and own slaves.
If Khan was advocating for fundamental islamic laws, then that's another thing. Obviously he's not.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: BelowLowAnnouncement
a reply to: carewemust

ISIS kill plenty of Muslims, it just doesn't make the news as often.

No kidding? Then London having a Muslim mayor will not appease the radical Muslim terror groups. That's a shame.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Utterly unbelievable neither are fit to run for mayor or should be eligible either. Has Goldsmith paid his past taxes yet. Again ordinary people get bankrupted for tax evasion but not our superior one and matey boy of rothschild. There is no defines possible about Khan with his terrorist links.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: redshoes

Or do you mean not yet?

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
As long as he leaves his religion outside of his role, and does not hike up taxes to fund his promises. And let's hope he does not turn out to be a corrupt scumbag like the Tower Hamlet's Muslim Mayor.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Islam is not in Europe to assimilate, it's natural duty, it's natural state, natural tendency, is to CONQUER.

"Moderate" or not

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere
a reply to: crazyewok

Seems as though he's unofficially been declared the winner:

www.theguardian.com...

a reply to: Loque76

Interesting.

So you and your friends like his policies but youre also thinking that it might "scare" people into leaving the EU.

Essentially yes - just the headline of 'A Muslim Mayor of London' might make the difference in the parts of the UK that are 50/50 on the EU referendum. As a Londoner I'm fairly multicultural and tolerant however step away from the cities and there is an entire rural electorate that are quite averse to the whole multi-cultural experiment...

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Hmmm... What a crazy-ass world we live in.

Just think: under Emperor Trump’s regime Sadiq Khan won’t even be allowed across the U.S. border, not will Emperor Trump be allowed across the English border.

Isn’t this fun?

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   

a reply to: Lagomorphe

In theory you comment is positive, but if you know anything about islam you will be sadly disappointed. The koran teaches there is nothing above allah, not government, queen, president etc. So his objectives must be always for allah's needs, and not the people of London. Don't forget the koran teaches muslims to go forth and convert ALL infidels and non believers to islam. THIS will be his priority's as it is for all muslims.....

Funny, NONE of my Muslim friends ever tried to convert me

I think this was the best outcome (although he is in the wrong side of the Labour party for my preference!)

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   
yeah

and ?

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
There is nothing wrong voting in a Muslim man, so long as Islam is not his political party, if he understands secularism and seperation of church and state, then whatever the hell he believes doesn't matter to me, and the issue is then a disingenuous push by the media.

I think you are spot on here and I believe Sadiq Khan has already answered that question when he voted in favour of gay marriage which resulted in him receiving death threats.

He seems like a genuine bloke who wants to improve the lives and give opportunities for all Londoners.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

I make the assumption because the guy is politicaly correct and the other candidates a banker called Goldsmith. As to religion I'm pretty sure they don't share the same. And I'm aware the guy has been a politician for sometime. As to an attempt at a joke, if you cannot grasp the concept of humour don't expect me to help you along. LoL

I wish the guy all the best in his new position and hope he does a better job than Boris. Nuff said.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: heartache
As long as he leaves his religion outside of his role, and does not hike up taxes to fund his promises. And let's hope he does not turn out to be a corrupt scumbag like the Tower Hamlet's Muslim Mayor.

I reckon it's damn near impossible to become mayor without being a corrupt scumbag. Whether he actually does anything for the people in London or not while he makes his deals under the table remains to be seen.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Scouse100

Fair comment. Maybe your friends are muslim's in name only and don't follow the koran teachings....

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Meh.

Doesnt bother me.

Better than a banker billionaire .

No doubt our intellectually challenged cousins will be along soon squealing how london is a muslim zone and sharia law is upon us

You said it, liberals will be the death of everyone and funny that, they won't even see it coming through their rosy glasses. Enjoy!

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   
It will be very interesting to see what his policy is about Sharia and whether pressure will be put to blanket London with it and apply it to all. Slowly, slowly catches monkey but only time will tell on this. I wonder if Corbyn will regret this later on as he has made some doozey personnel decisions.

I did like his stance on gay marriage but Islam is a political system also and that bothers me as I wonder how compromised he is going to be. We have had a lot of very radical Muslims come here and bred even more so it will be interesting to watch how he handles all the different groups and aspirations.

I actually liked the GLC when I lived in Forest Hill in the 1970's it did a great deal of good for London, we got our first mortgage through it.

I admit Khan seems to be the better man than Goldsmith and I still can't get over how he could be involved in politics whilst dodging paying his taxes here. It would bode well for corruption to have a tax dodger as mayor would't it? Strange that the more money they have the more they want to avoid paying their bills, especially when its not a struggle for them to do so, yet they expect poorer people to pay for everything.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   

a reply to: Scouse100

Fair comment. Maybe your friends are muslim's in name only and don't follow the koran teachings....

No, they're probably Muslims who actually follow the Qur'an's teachings. One of the 114 Surahs in the Quran is dedicated to this, with God literally commanding us to say this to non-Muslims:

1. Say: O disbelievers!
2. I worship not that which ye worship
3. Nor worship ye that which I worship.
4. And I shall not worship that which ye worship.
5. Nor will ye worship that which I worship.
6. Unto you your religion, and unto me my religion.

Qur'an 109, Pickthall Translation. Muslims who don't follow this are doing the opposite of what the Qur'an teaches us to do.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 02:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: uncommitted

I make the assumption because the guy is politicaly correct and the other candidates a banker called Goldsmith. As to religion I'm pretty sure they don't share the same. And I'm aware the guy has been a politician for sometime. As to an attempt at a joke, if you cannot grasp the concept of humour don't expect me to help you along. LoL

I wish the guy all the best in his new position and hope he does a better job than Boris. Nuff said.

So why the comment about Al Fayed? You now don't want to admit that it was some kind of cheap crappy, pathetic, attempt at what you thought would come across as all clever and cynical then?

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Don't think it matters too much who the mayor is tbh. They are all political animals with switchable morals.

From what I've seen of him though, he's more normal than most.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 03:34 AM
link   
As a Brit, I have no issue with this.Khan is a decent candidate and his religion is neither here nor there really. I don't think it'll have any bearing on him in the role.

He's happily voted against Muslim positions such as being for gay marriage, for instance.

edit on 7-5-2016 by KingIcarus because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join