It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sadiq Khan on the verge of making history: London's first Muslim Mayor.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 03:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr

originally posted by: tommo39
a reply to: Freeborn

YOUR Avatar say's it all.....

You really shouldn't judge someone by their avatar.

Thats right.. only by their comments..

What was that again 'pomme ****' 'go to the pub' 'look at your avatar' seems like something a childish mind would say..

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: tommo39 if you knew anything about London you would know you antipodeans have taken over certain areas of westlondon, with your holy sites of walkabout pubs, stinking of stale beer and vomit.

edit on 6-5-2016 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Well, STOP your offensive CRAP!! ... just say'in....

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 03:20 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

Another guy guessing i see.....BYE

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 03:27 AM
link   
a reply to: tommo39

Offensive?
Where?
Please show me where I've been 'offensive'.

You brought up 'Pommie' and 'pubs' etc.

Let's get this back on track and discuss your stereotyping all Muslims.

I'm no great fan of Sadiq Khan and even less a fan of Muslim fundamentalists etc.
I'm just wondering about your dislike of Sadiq Khan....is it because of his policies, because he's a politician or simply because he's a Muslim?

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 03:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
a reply to: tommo39 if you knew anything about London you would know you antipodeans have taken over certain areas of westlondon, with your holy sites of walkabout pubs, stinking of stale beer and vomit.

Lol.. That's funny because it's so true..

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: tommo39

Offensive?
Where?
Please show me where I've been 'offensive'.

You brought up 'Pommie' and 'pubs' etc.

Let's get this back on track and discuss your stereotyping all Muslims.

I'm no great fan of Sadiq Khan and even less a fan of Muslim fundamentalists etc.
I'm just wondering about your dislike of Sadiq Khan....is it because of his policies, because he's a politician or simply because he's a Muslim?

He has never even heard of him.. The real reason for posting.. 'these bloody Muslims are taking over miiiite'

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 04:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: gladtobehere

I'm no great supporter of Sadiq Khan and his view on political issues.

But Zac Goldsmith?

If I was a Londoner and they were my options I know exactly which way I would vote!

Interesting that most of the replies here seem to be from Americans....I wonder what my fellow Brits feel about this, particularly Londoners.

I'm not a Londoner but what surprises me is that people seem blown away that a non white person of a non Christian faith should be elected into office - we should be voting on policies and policies alone.

As for Khan, I've always thought he comes across alright, but (and I'm not over stressing this, but it needs to be said), some of the company he keeps/kept really doesn't reflect well for anyone in political office.

ETA: Ok, by the time anyone reads this the vote may have been announced, but as I write this (and when the thread was created) there is no way of telling if he's actually won or not so 'on the verge' is a bit presumptuous.
edit on 6-5-2016 by uncommitted because: per ETA

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Meh.

Doesnt bother me.

Better than a banker billionaire .

No doubt our intellectually challenged cousins will be along soon squealing how london is a muslim zone and sharia law is upon us

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 05:29 AM
link   
May the best man win.....or the one with the most votes anyway.

Well according to Mr Woodward....." I live by rule 3 0 3, I die by rule 3 0 3".......or something to that effect....thanks Breaker.

No use having a dig at the "Aussie" accent folks....it is directly derived from Cockney London accent of the 17 & 1800s...
Blame yourselves if you don't like it.
Seems to me as time is progressing, I hear much More of an Aussie accent from Britainers on your TV, than those of the past in the 60s and 70s.....especially the younger folk....I can only put that down to the past 20 odd years of Neighbours and Home and Away over there.
It seems I can walk around my home city of Adelaide and hear more "Pure" English accents from people who came here 50 years ago and still speak their native dialect...than what I now see on TV that we get here.
I can still hear Birmingam...Livapoool, Munnchesta, Cockney, Gordy, etc etc + scot and Irish, every where I go, from the old people.......Lovely really that they kept there tradition going.
In Fact, Like in Canada, where the French Canucks speak an old version of French, same with Brazil and Argentina, with their respective Portugese and Spanish......the Post WW2 English migrants actually still speak the "Old" way....probably if they went home, the youngings couldnt understand them.
So when we watch Game of Throne down here....its just the same accents we here all the time....

Never really like the "Pommy" term......but once again, it was made up by the British.....2 centuries ago.
Something to do with the new transported internments had "Prisoner Of Mother England" on their outfits, or another is that they turned the colour of POMegranates in the Sun.

Just for alls information as well.......

The Second Oldest Islam Mosque in the World, outside of Middle East and Asia, was in Australia....actually the Colony of South Australia in 1861.
I understand the oldest mosque in Europe was in London from 1860....tho I cant seem to verify that atm, all references now talk about 1886.

So you see, the "English" of Australia were much more progressive than the Mother country.

We even gave women the vote before you chaps...and Never had slavery on this continent...

No wonder you all love us so much...... just like Liverpool loves Manchester...

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 06:49 AM
link   
The win was less about people liking him and more about people not liking Goldsmith. I expect he'll do just as much for us as Boris did...which is not much at all.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Whats next Mohamed Al Fayed for prime minister???

Then again if the gentleman in question does indeed become mayor of London he will most lightly turn out to be an Illuminati/TPTB puppet, just like all the rest of our exalted politicians and public figures.
edit on 6-5-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: gort51

I don't think anyone's having a go at you Aussies - just someone who appears to have hijacked the term 'Pommie' and tried to give a bit but couldn't take anything back in response.
Pretty lame really.

True Aussies have a great sense of humour and understand a bit of banter and piss taking....and they have enormous respect from most British people.

As for not having slavery.....I think many Aborigines might have a different perspective on that.....but that's a topic for another thread.

Anyway, soon be pub time....and none of that Fosters piss water they try to pass off as 'Aussie' brew over here!

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: MagnaCarta2015

The win was less about people liking him and more about people not liking Goldsmith. I expect he'll do just as much for us as Boris did...which is not much at all.

I think that about sums it all up quite nicely.
No real need to say anything else about it.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: tommo39
a reply to: Lagomorphe

In theory you comment is positive, but if you know anything about islam you will be sadly disappointed. The koran teaches there is nothing above allah, not government, queen, president etc. So his objectives must be always for allah's needs, and not the people of London. Don't forget the koran teaches muslims to go forth and convert ALL infidels and non believers to islam. THIS will be his priority's as it is for all muslims.....

We have a mayor in Calgary, Canada, who happens to be Muslim. Nice guy, people like him.
He's been in office since October 2010.
They're not all the same...
en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   
i dont think boris jhonson has done that bad a job he might come acros as a uper class idiot but hes very knowlegable on certain matters he came to my sons school last month anyway the new guy cant be any worse bring back red ken thats my say

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: MagnaCarta2015

Yeah it was like the Tories wernt even trying!

A banker called goldsmith was NEVER going to win.

edit on 6-5-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   

I'm a Londoner and I voted yesterday.

Sadiq took my vote for two reasons - one personal and one tactical...

1) Personal - I genuinely believe he will deliver more affordable homes than his Tory counterpart.

2) Tactical - I'm a big believer in leaving the EU - having a Muslim mayor (which doesn't bother me) will probably energise more people into voting leave in the EU referendum. - I play London rugby with a big crowd and a lot of my team mates have voted the same along these tactical lines.
edit on 6-5-2016 by Loque76 because: typos

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Seems as though he's unofficially been declared the winner:

www.theguardian.com...

a reply to: Loque76

Interesting.

So you and your friends like his policies but youre also thinking that it might "scare" people into leaving the EU.

edit on 6-5-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Whats next Mohamed Al Fayed for prime minister???

Then again if the gentleman in question does indeed become mayor of London he will most lightly turn out to be an Illuminati/TPTB puppet, just like all the rest of our exalted politicians and public figures.

Are you making that comparison because you think/know that they share the same faith - is that it? Does that mean you think that every person of a particular faith is like every other person of that faith and that it has some kind of influence to the job they do, or was it a cheap attempt at a joke which I'm really struggling to find the actual funny part of?

You do know I assume that Sadiq Khan has been a politician for many years don't you?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join