It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LIVE: Donald Trump and Former Mexico Pres Vicente Fox on O'Reilly Factor.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: BooCrackers

They are going back to Mexico, in record numbers. See my post(s) above. Both legal and illegal Mexican immigration is down.

I live in Ohio and everywhere I look I see work being done....by Mexicans. I want to see Americans doing those jobs.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I love the equivalence that less "apprehensions" at the border, means Illegal Immigration is dwindling.

No, it means apprehensions are dwindling.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: BooCrackers

They are going back to Mexico, in record numbers. See my post(s) above. Both legal and illegal Mexican immigration is down.

I live in Ohio and everywhere I look I see work being done....by Mexicans. I want to see Americans doing those jobs.

How do you know they are Mexicans? By looking at the color of their skin?

Brown and black people can be Americans as well.
edit on 5-5-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
How do you know they are Mexicans? By looking at the color of their skin?

Brown and black people can be Americans as well.

Because when I go to lunch they're all eating and speaking Spanish. You know as well as I do that they're not hiring Americans for this construction work. Your obsession with skin color isn't healthy.
edit on 5-5-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain
I love the equivalence that less "apprehensions" at the border, means Illegal Immigration is dwindling.

Let's assume what you say is correct. If apprehensions are dwindling and illegal immigration is not, that would mean that there would still be a steady rise in the illegal immigrant population. That is not the case.

There were 11.3 million unauthorized immigrants in the U.S. in 2014. The population has remained essentially stable for five years, and currently makes up 3.5% of the nation’s population. The number of unauthorized immigrants peaked in 2007 at 12.2 million, when this group was 4% of the U.S. population.

Mexicans make up about half of all unauthorized immigrants (49%), though their numbers have been declining in recent years. There were 5.6 million Mexican unauthorized immigrants living in the U.S. in 2014, down from 6.4 million in 2009, according to preliminary Pew Research Center estimates.

www.pewresearch.org...

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Because when I go to lunch they're all eating and speaking Spanish.

I'm white and I like to eat...I also speak Spanish.

You know as well as I do that they're not hiring Americans for this construction work.

My significant other's entire family is white and the majority of them are brick masons.

Your obsession with skin color isn't healthy.

Oh, don't be so snarky. You got caught saying something stupid and it was too easy to catch.

Your obsession with ignorance isn't healthy.

May want to have that checked-out.

edit on 5-5-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Let's assume what you say is correct. If apprehensions are dwindling and illegal immigration is not, that would mean that there would still be a steady rise in the illegal immigrant population. That is not the case.

There were 11.3 million unauthorized immigrants in the U.S. in 2014. The population has remained essentially stable for five years, and currently makes up 3.5% of the nation’s population. The number of unauthorized immigrants peaked in 2007 at 12.2 million, when this group was 4% of the U.S. population.

Mexicans make up about half of all unauthorized immigrants (49%), though their numbers have been declining in recent years. There were 5.6 million Mexican unauthorized immigrants living in the U.S. in 2014, down from 6.4 million in 2009, according to preliminary Pew Research Center estimates.

www.pewresearch.org...

Yes, I've followed pew research and their 'numbers' for nearly a decade.

They're based off of data from multiple agencies. NONE of which have any auditing or real data backed by verification.

Most of the data we get is off of trends, estimation. They literally have zero clue what the numbers are. There is no real interstate, inter governmental panel to track the data. DHS, ICE, border patrol...NONE have any actual accounting.

Because it is impossible, and they know that.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: smurfy

This moron wants to involve himself in American politics while there's a mass Exodus happening due to the chaos and corruption under his presidency?

Shutup Fox and go back to where you came from and bring those idiots rioting and waving Mexican flags in California with you.

Hey Vicente! My lawn needs cutting!

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Additionally, a lot of the data compiled is taken from CENSUS data, which was found that nearly 50% of the data is useless.

How do I know? I worked as a manager for the Census Bureau, AFTER I was an "enumerator".

They lie, and it's unverified with no auditing.

I repeat, the CENSUS Bureau has ZERO auditing.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

Ok, then why don't you educate me and show me the statistics that prove your assertion.

Show me that apprehensions are down and illegal immigration statistics are not following the same trend.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Ok, then why don't you educate me and show me the statistics that prove your assertion.

Show me that apprehensions are down and illegal immigration statistics are not following the same trend.

I can't provide stats, that DON'T EXIST.

That was the whole point of my post. Are you paying attention?

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   

And YOU were the one that stated apprehensions are down, and concluded that that means Illegal Immigrants aren't coming.

I simply pointed out that is a logical fallacy, which it is

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   

And YOU were the one that stated apprehensions are down, and concluded that that means Illegal Immigrants aren't coming.

I did not claim apprehensions are down. You did. Remember this post?

Yo ualso used a logical fallacy yourself, claiming anecdotal evidence as to how the census bureau works.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

What I'M saying is stupid? Okay man, enjoy your delusions. I want Americans working those jobs and we all know they're not.
edit on 5-5-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk
a reply to: introvert

What I'M saying is stupid? Okay man, enjoy your delusions. I want Americans working those jobs and we all know they're not.

How do you know if they are Americans or not? You already said that you know because of what you "see" and what you "hear". You see them on your lunch break and you hear them speaking Spanish.

So that means your in-depth research stops at what their skin color is and what language they speak. But fail to recognize that Americans can have dark skin and can speak Spanish.

Dark-skinned Spanish-speakers do become legal citizens, ya know.

Twist and weasel around that all you want, but I am confident in saying that is stupidity.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Holy ignorance!

Trump hasn't done anything, like anything. All he's done was polarize the American public and the GOP while making millions of his supporters donations.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Conservatives don't like facts. In fact, if Trump is successful and builds his mega wall he will have effectively trapped any illegal alien looking to leave the US.

Oh conservatives, how short sighted they always are.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Well, for one you should get a better source. The Washington Times is pretty far down on the list of credible sources, though at least they actually publish. I'll give you a hint, anyone who refers to a President by "Mr. X" rather than "President X" is not credible, that goes double when they only do it to a President they don't like.

Anyways on the story, the whole tone of it is to make you think the current illegal problem has to do with border crossings but they even state in the article that the real problem these days is people overstaying their visas. They also go on to back up the assertion that illegal immigration from Mexico is down significantly. More are leaving every day than are coming over. Where we're experiencing the most illegals these days is from Asia through the visa program.

A wall is not equipped to stop this because a wall keeps out people crossing illegally, those with visas come over legally and then stay past the point it is legal to do so.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Apprehensions are down, particularly at the border (most are happening further in these days), yet we have more border patrol agents than ever. Either people aren't coming over or the border patrol is inefficient and incompetent.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
So where are the jobs they are leaving?

And if no jobs are being vacated, where are the numbers for welfare and other social services going down?

What makes you think them leaving would open up jobs for citizens? And welfare numbers aren't going down because contrary to the myth they weren't getting welfare in the first place.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join