It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LIVE: Donald Trump and Former Mexico Pres Vicente Fox on O'Reilly Factor.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Has anyone even bothered to research the facts on why construction of the Mex border fence has not been completed?

Go ahead, research it.

There is a fence, it is incomplete. FACTS, why?

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Take a look at the yearly totals for all illegals apprehended for the last 15 years yourself They've been on a downward decline since 2000.

Dang if I dont agree with you fully . They have slowed and stopped apprehending the illegals at the border . Under the Obama Admin

Obama has deported more illegal Mexicans than Bush Jr.

Your point?

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
37% of Supreme Court convictions are illegal immigrants?

And people say there isn't a problem here?

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain
I love the equivalence that less "apprehensions" at the border, means Illegal Immigration is dwindling.

No, it means apprehensions are dwindling.

Let's assume what you say is correct. If apprehensions are dwindling and illegal immigration is not, that would mean that there would still be a steady rise in the illegal immigrant population. That is not the case.

There were 11.3 million unauthorized immigrants in the U.S. in 2014. The population has remained essentially stable for five years, and currently makes up 3.5% of the nation’s population. The number of unauthorized immigrants peaked in 2007 at 12.2 million, when this group was 4% of the U.S. population.

Mexicans make up about half of all unauthorized immigrants (49%), though their numbers have been declining in recent years. There were 5.6 million Mexican unauthorized immigrants living in the U.S. in 2014, down from 6.4 million in 2009, according to preliminary Pew Research Center estimates.

www.pewresearch.org...

Yes, I've followed pew research and their 'numbers' for nearly a decade.

They're based off of data from multiple agencies. NONE of which have any auditing or real data backed by verification.

Most of the data we get is off of trends, estimation. They literally have zero clue what the numbers are. There is no real interstate, inter governmental panel to track the data. DHS, ICE, border patrol...NONE have any actual accounting.

Because it is impossible, and they know that.

But you have the REAL numbers, right?

Your own two eyes and personal opinion somehow is more credible and carries more weight huh? Tell me, do employ hundreds of researchers and analysts to compile data and run statistical models?

Who are you to claim your personal experience is vastly superior to that of a nationally recognized organization known for statistics?

You know, I find it ironic -- when Pew has data that makes a conservative cause or politician look good, suddenly Pew is this amazingly trustworthy organization.

When Pew has something that conflicts with a conservative's viewpoint, however, suddenly Pew is shady and untrustworthy -- and the sources of their information gets called into question.

Anyone else see the insane hypocrisy in this?

"It's good only if it agrees with what I want to believe".

You are one person with your own beliefs and experiences and opinions. And yet somehow without bringing any kind of data to the table you seem to think that simply by saying something is true -- it is?

Simply because the numbers don't paint a picture you want to accept doesn't mean they aren't real. Yes, they exist. Yes, actual human beings with uniforms, badges and guns are reporting these numbers. Yes, actual immigration both legal and illegal is down.

I could be wrong, however, and you might be a lead researcher in the field of statistical modeling. If so, I'd love to hear what projects you've worked on.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

originally posted by: Gothmog

Take a look at the yearly totals for all illegals apprehended for the last 15 years yourself They've been on a downward decline since 2000.

Dang if I dont agree with you fully . They have slowed and stopped apprehending the illegals at the border . Under the Obama Admin

Your point?

Don't scare them with Facts.

I lived on the border. I know how much it has changed.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

a reply to: BooCrackers

They are going back to Mexico, in record numbers. See my post(s) above. Both legal and illegal Mexican immigration is down.

I live in Ohio and everywhere I look I see work being done....by Mexicans. I want to see Americans doing those jobs.

You will see Americans doing those jobs. As soon as the Mexicans leave.

link   

edit on 5jY by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

link   

edit on 5jY by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Well, there are two ways your reality is created around you:

1. Facts
2. Emotions

You can measure, observe, watch, and record what goes on to arrive at factual conclusions about something. You can use these factual conclusions color your perception (and thus your reality).

**OR**

You can allow other people to manipulate your emotions (usually using negative things like hate & fear) in order to change what you think about, thus altering your perception (and in turn your reality).

Your emotions influence what thoughts run through your head. Your perception of reality is based on what you think you see around you. Your thoughts determine what you will or won't notice or pay attention to. Your thoughts influence your actions, which in turn reinforce your personalized reality.

If you look at data gathered from multiple sources over time with dispassion and no emotional bias or tampering ... you end up with a much clearer and truer representation of the world around you.

Allowing politicians, talking heads, leaders, friends and others to manipulate your emotions and thoughts to alter your reality is sadly all to common these days. People don't even realize how they are being played like an instrument, or made to dance like a marionette doll.
edit on 5-5-2016 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Allowing politicians, talking heads, leaders, friends and others to manipulate your emotions and thoughts to alter your reality is sadly all to common these days. People don't even realize how they are being played like an instrument, or made to dance like a marionette doll.

Which is why I read, instead of listen.

"Carnival Barkers" - - not my thing.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Filled out deportation papers but then didnt deport
And was it not stated that the amount of arrests have fallen off drastically ?
Your moot point , again ?

edit on 5/5/16 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

No, not really. If there are fewer immigrants (legal or illegal) then it makes sense fewer of them would be arrested.

Less Mexicans to arrest = less arrested Mexicans.

So, you're actually supporting the facts I presented.

Thanks for that!

edit on 5-5-2016 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join