It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toddlers have shot at least 23 people this year

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: AndyMayhew

Which lot are you referencing?

Immigrants from places like Syria and Iraq. As opposed to toddlers born in the USA. Which are responsible for shooting the most people so far this year?

Just curious.

Here in the UK the numbers are 0 and 0

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   

It would seem, after only a cursory look on line, that the number matches those in the UK. Zero.

There may be some info out there that I didn't see. Since 9/11, something like 3/4 of a million immigrants (legal) have come into the country, not one has been implicated in terror attacks...now that number may be from the countries on the current not allowed list. As I said, cursory look.

Your actual numbers may be different.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   

We are discussing sloppy safety of guns around children and the fact that kids are killing people around them.

If you wish to discuss that issue start a thread and I will come join you.

What your opinion on kids accidently killing their parent, their siblings or the neibours kid.

Are you for it or against it.

For the record I am not the origanal poster. I am a casual shooter skeet and targets.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Safety with guns when a child is around is a no brainer until they are old enough to be trained in safe handling.

All I see in this are the actions of irresponsible adults. Whether it's a bucket with some water in, a bottle of pills that look like candy or a gun does not matter; the adult in the equation is the problem, not the dangerous item involved.

If the person shot is responsible for leaving a gun where a toddler can get it, it's self inflicted.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

I agree that kids are smart and great mimic 's.

I would never try to make a kid stupid.

I' ll assume from you example that you are okay with the idea of safe storage. Is that fair?

So your very bright child gets through all the safety stuff and accident kills you. We will mourn your death as truly trajic because you DID make the effort.

It's truly senseless though that mom from the orginal post could have prevented the accident by simply putting the gun on the front seat. It's not much but the accident would have been avoided.
I
edit on 17-3-2017 by SmilingROB because: Rushed typing

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   

If you guy wish to about rerrorist please start a separate thread let us know the title . We are talking about kids and gun safety.

Are you for it or against it?

Sorry iam cheating on my boss right now and that post was gibberish.
edit on 17-3-2017 by SmilingROB because: I wrote gibberish and had to correct it.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Thank you for a positive on topic post.

So how do we encourage this simple concept of safe gun storage around children.

Suggestions?

I have one but I 'll save it for abit.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Leaving an emotional scarred child and a body.

If we accept is as self inflicted does that mean we can continue to accept sloppy safety practices?

I do not thing so. The pace is set for 212 accidental shooting caused by children playing with guns. If you neibours child accident killed your child would you accept it as" self inflicted"?

I think not.
edit on 17-3-2017 by SmilingROB because: Grammer.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: SmilingROB

Blain what basic physical or emotion skill should a child have before being trained?

To you remember the incident where the child killed the instructor who held them?
edit on 17-3-2017 by SmilingROB because: Grammer

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: jaynkeel

I am glad to hear you use a good holster. Good quality equipment help to keep us all safe.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I love a good storey. If i could i'd be there getting my hair curled and while drinking some scotch with you and friends. Truly good ones are hard to find.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   

My suggestion is simply. The NRA says they have a role in advocacy for guns. Fair enough. Could they establish an awareness campaign to encourage simple safty techniques for gun care around kids.

They would need to paint the trajady pretty harshly. It would be a series ads with accidently deaths and showing one simple thing that might have stopped the accident. For example mom realizes her gun is in the back, pauses, reaches back get the gun and puts it on the front seat. Fade black a comment pops up that was good l, what can she do better.
edit on 17-3-2017 by SmilingROB because: Rushed typing

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Many gun clubs do precisely that. Safety for not only kid/parents, but first time owners. NRA sponsors many things of that nature.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Hi seagull

I am glad to hear that. I have literally heard only about their pugnacious stance sirrounding the 2nd admentment. A few years ago when racial tensions was high and there were mass shootings people were frequently in the news it was the wrong time to be walking around with automatic weapons on their shoulders. I do remember one guy in the news who carried a musket. When asked his answer was "I am making a point. I am not trying to spread fear" that gentleman got my vote.

They can feel secure with in their position with 2nd admendment. A shift in attitude/ mandate to providing a robust easily available safety program for all types of guns would be good and provide a valuable resourse. My impression is that they are on the edge of "crasy right wing". With a shift in focus they could shift to " right wing"

They have the resources to do a real great job.
Here is some outside box ideas:
Teach inner city kids in bad areas gun safty and dis- arming techniques
How to de escalade situations involving guns

I would enjoy hearing more about their current programs.

Thank you for a providing the current info.

edit on 18-3-2017 by SmilingROB because: Grammer

edit on 18-3-2017 by SmilingROB because: Grammer

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   

How would you feel about mandated safty training in a 5 year time span?

I have worked in the skydiving industry and we require a confirmation of safety skills every year with all jumpers. In canada we ask our instructor to show currency at their teaching skills or recertificatio yearly.

edit on 18-3-2017 by SmilingROB because: Grama was missing

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: misterhistory

Because whenever you say gun safty the NRA ssumes you want to take their guns and start snarling threats.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I agree they your 2nd paragraph totally. How can we change that?

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

It's should be!!
How can we improve?

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I like the suggestion. First let's ban them internatonal travel. Little guys crying for eight hours, ahhh.

Lol

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: dashen

I assume that's a joke and I am okay with that

A kid would have the documentation for a back ground.

Mom would.

Should mom have mandated safety training?

Common sense does appear to be enough.

I am eager to hear your opinion.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join