It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toddlers have shot at least 23 people this year

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: Mianeye

Irresponsible parents aren't locking up their guns.

And they will be the first to say they don't need to lock up their guns.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Child safety locks belong ON the children

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

My parents didn't. They didn't have to.

They were on a shelf in the closet in their bedroom, and we knew, for as long as I can remember, that that room was off limits, period...violate that at the risk of your continued good health, or life...depending upon which parent caught you.

...and never a person was shot by six toddlers, at various times.

It's a combination of things. Keepin' the guns up out of reach. Training the kids from an early age DON'T TOUCH! It really is that simple.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: dashen

That's called teaching and discipline.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: yorkshirelad

NO but you DO have TWITS by description, YOU would NEVER hand one a firearm, here they can BUY one AND reproduce...well UNTIL their own kid offs them with the heavy tube thingie.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Not sure a toddler can be taught about guns. But guns should not be accessible to them. That's not a difficult thing to accomplish.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Not everything, no.

They can, however, be taught to not touch. Taught to know the difference between toys, and not-toys. Keep it as simple as possible.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   

This is a sad and preventable statistic, as is many others related to child deaths.

For instance, swimming pools are still more dangerous and there are about 50 trillion laws that need to be met to properly install one - and still toddlers drown, sometimes due to stupid parents and sometimes due to circumstances beyond anyones control.

As with anything that could potentially kill a child in the home, it remains incumbent upon the parents / guardian to provide a safe environment for their children and as eluded to by Introvert, that's where personal responsibility and accountability come into play.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Not everything, no.

They can, however, be taught to not touch. Taught to know the difference between toys, and not-toys. Keep it as simple as possible.

We are talking about 1 to 3 year olds. Not going to be a high success rate. A person can't rely on their learning. But I do agree with trying to start the learning early.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   

It is more important to get 'em out of reach. That goes without saying, or should...

But little ones can learn to not touch.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   

These are rookie numbers

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I'm thinking they are trying to take over the world and are very impatient about it. This is definitely a conspiracy.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

You only need one rule to avoid this.

The safety lock, so even if the toddler find the gun, it won't be able to fire.

It's so simple.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye
I'm not posting this because i'm anti gun, think it's a topic of discussion.

Those are some very high numbers for toddlers being the shooter only 5 months in to the year, is it really that hard to use your brain and make sure they can not get a hold of a weapon.

I really don't get it.

SOURCE

This past week, a Milwaukee toddler fatally shot his mother after finding a handgun in the back seat of the car they were riding in. The case drew a lot of national attention given the unusual circumstances: Little kids rarely kill people, intentionally or not.

But this type of thing happens more often than you might think. Since April 20, there have been at least seven instances in which a 1- , 2- or 3-year-old shot themselves or somebody else in the United States

Last year, a Washington Post analysis found that toddlers were finding guns and shooting people at a rate of about one a week. This year, that pace has accelerated. There have been at least 23 toddler-involved shootings since Jan. 1, compared with 18 over the same period last year.

What the title should read is *Toddlers have shot 23 people this year, 23 adults arrested* I am all for the 2nd but these irresponsible parents need to be jailed. The ones still alive anyway.

iTruthSeeker

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Toddlers have shot at least 23 people this year

Obviously the answer is to build a holster into diapers and arm all the toddlers!
That way when one of them goes off, another can haul out that .45 and shoot him!

Perhaps the 'golden business activity' is holster diapers?

And, about locking that piece away from all possible intruders, including your kids, means not having it available at the moment's notice when that big bad burglar or home invasion breaks through the window/door!
And there you are fumbling with safes and such!
No, the pistol packing frightened citizen wants/needs it easily accessible and ready, probably already loaded!

Of course that doesn't apply to any on the terminally frightened on this site!
Of course...

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 04:10 AM
link   

a reply to: Sublimecraft

You only need one rule to avoid this.

The safety lock, so even if the toddler find the gun, it won't be able to fire.

It's so simple.

A ten year old just hacked Instagram!
You think these little geniuses cant figure out some gun 'safety'?
Yeah, reeeeal simple!

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

Toddler 1 to3 years old.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 07:05 AM
link   

What was a gun doing on the back seat next to a toddler

sad news

also I don't understand how kids know what it is for (5y old shot his 3y old sister because of puppy argument) I would throw a toy

edit on 4-5-2016 by peasprout because: sp

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

He had an Instagram handy

Parental control and Instagram's don't kill

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   

I'm not posting this because i'm anti gun, think it's a topic of discussion.

Those are some very high numbers for toddlers being the shooter only 5 months in to the year, is it really that hard to use your brain and make sure they can not get a hold of a weapon.

I really don't get it.

SOURCE

This past week, a Milwaukee toddler fatally shot his mother after finding a handgun in the back seat of the car they were riding in. The case drew a lot of national attention given the unusual circumstances: Little kids rarely kill people, intentionally or not.

But this type of thing happens more often than you might think. Since April 20, there have been at least seven instances in which a 1- , 2- or 3-year-old shot themselves or somebody else in the United States

Last year, a Washington Post analysis found that toddlers were finding guns and shooting people at a rate of about one a week. This year, that pace has accelerated. There have been at least 23 toddler-involved shootings since Jan. 1, compared with 18 over the same period last year.

No discussion...you have a kid and leave a gun out you should loose your rights to that weapon...leave a gun out and the child shoots someone (other than a robber) you go to jail..person dies you go away for involuntary manslaughter..

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join