It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Toddlers have shot at least 23 people this year

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 10:01 AM
While I'm supportive of criminal responsibility for the parents, realistically, that number is never going to be zero in a society where the numbers of firearms and firearms owners is each a 9 digit number. Its just an unfortunate reality of having a potentially dangerous item around the house, whether its a firearm, a knife, a swimming pool, a bicycle or the kitchen cleaner under the sink. You're never going to eliminate it completely, and in this case, even if the incidence rate is one for every million gun owners, it still happens a hundred times per year.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 11:26 AM
All of my weapons are kept in my safe and all weapons small enough for children play with has a safety lock. My grandchildren play here all the time with absolutely no problem. Only irresponsible people leave firearms laying around to put children in danger.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 08:10 PM
I'm curious as to why these people would leave their guns where children can get at them. Not locked up or at least with a trigger lock when not in use.

The other thing is just how low do they have the trigger tension set? My limited experience in the military, I found the 9mm they issued a bit painful to shoot when practicing. I think the springs installed were set at almost 10lbs, so you had to pull like you meant it. To have something a toddler can work easily, it's got to be way at the bottom. A featherweight trigger might be nice on a firing range, but for safety it really should be somewhat higher than that.

So can't blame the toddlers, but the stupidity of parents or relatives creating this situation in the first place. Just not responsible with a firearm.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 05:10 AM

originally posted by: Mianeye
a reply to: namelesss

Toddler 1 to3 years old.

Toddler; My one year old granddaughter van already operate a cell phone, though has no intelligible language skills, can use a tablet, finding different pages, operating features.
She sees how doors and cabinets are latched and locked and is building a ramp to them to try her skills...
It goes on and on!
I suggest that any appropriately technically literate 'toddler' can, before age 6, get into daddy's 'kid proof' box and figure/hack any code that Billy Bob can ever remember!
Yeah, when I was a toddler, all I did was 'toddle', and get hauled out for sacrifices.
Most toddlers are VERY intuitive, until we 'lower' them...

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 07:47 AM
I am willing to bet although I haven't read all the stories that the mother is to blame in almost all the stories. As most I have read have been mother shot and or killed. Tell you how it happens, women tend to keep handguns in purses not holstered and imho the worst place for any gun to be. Ever peer into a purse and see the udder chaos going on in there as well as they always seem to be left open sliding around and under seats in cars.... When a handgun is properly holstered ain't no one getting ahold of it without your consent or accidentally discharging it unless you have bad finger control when holstering un holstering.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 08:58 AM
Has no one considered that they might not be accidents?

Look at Stewie, he's been trying to kill Lois forever.

Sorry, I'm a sick puppy.

top topics
<< 1  2   >>