It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jill Stein’s Tweet To Bernie Sanders Adds Yet Another Wild Card For Superdelegates To Consider

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on May, 3 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Sen Sanders chose to run as a Democrat for exposure, he has accomplished this. Sanders is now a name known in all 50 states and around the world. Many Sanders supporters are furious at Sanders treatment by the DNC and the super delegates, myself included. Many Sanders supporters would love to see Sanders make a third party run for president.

While Sanders could run independent, it seems now he is being invited to run Green Party with Dr Jill Stein as a VP running mate!

While this might not seem like an earth shaking event, it could mean big trouble for the HRC machine. Hilley has used the rigged party nomination and her Dem ties from day one, she announced having having hundreds of super delegates already pledged to her before any state had voted in the primary. From that point on we have seen election fraud and voter suppression in the Dem primary, with all fingers pointing to Hilley and her supporters.

Simply put Hilley will do anything to win, but can she win on a level playing field where independent voters are included in election results? This is what the super delegates need to be asking themselves.

After delivering an Earth Day message to Bernie Sander’s supporters and penning an open letter to the Vermont Senator, the Green Party’s Dr. Jill Stein tweeted an intriguing message about the fiercely popular Democratic nominee. Jill Stein is the Green Party’s presumed candidate for president. On her website, Stein asked Senator Sanders to consider ditching his affiliation with the Democratic Party if the party doesn’t choose him as their candidate, considering “this wildly unpredictable election where the old rules are giving way one by one.”

Bernie Sanders has served as an elected official for just over 34 years. Bernie has 20 years more political experience as an elected official than any president the nation has elected since the advent of modern presidential electioneering, according to stats provided by The Atlantic. So, is the Green Party hoping to offer Sanders the presidential spot that is presumed reserved for Stein? Would that alter the votes of the superdelegates if they thought Bernie could end up running for president anyway?

Though The Wall Street Journal posted poll results indicating upwards of one-third of almost all Bernie Sanders’ supporters would never vote for Clinton, an unofficial Facebook pollster claims to have polled nearly two dozen different Facebook groups with between 100,000 and 10,000 people each, and the results allegedly showed that all self-proclaimed Berners would vote for Sanders if he were to run on his own. Over 13,000 people have already signed a petition actually asking Bernie Sanders to run as an independent if he were to lose the Democratic nomination.

source

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

Maybe we will have a contested election, with two Republicans and two Democrats running on the ballot.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
That would jam up the machine. Hillary would explode.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Sounds like a good idea.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Why limit our thinking to the negative? Our country is capable of creative solutions. This ridiculous seeming mess of an election year could well be a turning point. Thomas Jefferson said: “I am not an advocate for frequent changes in laws and Constitutions. But laws and institutions must go hand in hand with the progress of the human mind. As that becomes more developed, more enlightened, as new discoveries are made, new truths discovered and manners and opinions change, with the change of circumstances, institutions must advance also to keep pace with the times. We might as well require a man to wear still the coat which fitted him when a boy as civilized society to remain ever under the regimen of their barbarous ancestors.”

So we may be witnesses, more importantly, participants in the evolution/revolution of the great experiment that is DEMOCRACY. Let us dare to have a better nation. Not this BS: "make America Great Again" but how about the next step up, how about being new and better?! I believe we have it in us - the grit, the ingenuity. Toss out the dogma, the party politics, the jingoism, pocket padding, prostitution of our Constitution and get down to OF THE PEOPLE FOR THE PEOPLE!! So, Hell yeah, Bernie, go Independent and Run Bernie Run!

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Her spontaneous combustion is the least appropriate sentence I would accept. As far as Bernie...as far as any of them, well, whoever is selected to be potus matters not. We are always planning the path for the future, of course, but currently, we are laying the foundation for the paths of the future. Hopefully, we are not only able to choose wisely, but to realize that it's our responsibility to continually focus on each other and the betterment of our species, regardless of the drones in charge.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: SeeReeS

Hands high in the air and amen brother/sister to your words, SeeReeS --- It comes down to each and every one of us, every day and how we conduct ourselves -- elbow to elbow and eye to eye. We don't need to wait for the next president, the next hero, the next messiah. Right here, where we each live- kindness to our family, kindness to our neighbors. Sweep our own doorsteps, mow our own lawns. Teach our children: This is your home, your town, your state, your country - take care of yourself and each other. Don't sell yourself short, don't sell out.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

How is that a bad thing, not that I like any of them I think the more choices we get the better chance we have at real democracy.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
The only way Bernie would run on his own or with the Green Party is if Trump ran on his own.

So, we'll have to wait and see what the RNC does at the convention. Bernie would rather just bow out and make sure a Democrat won (even Hillary) than split the Democratic vote, ensuring a Republican win.

If Trump splits the Republican vote though....then Sanders has a chance...

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

If Trump splits the Republican vote Sanders can choose to not run and instead extract massive concessions from the Democrats to essentially hand them the race. Far more than he would be able to accomplish by running with Jill Stein.

The same logic holds if Trump doesn't split the vote (and especially after tonight it's looking like he'll get the nomination). Sanders can ask for something in order to stay out and avoid siphoning off Hillary supporters. His bargaining position isn't as strong here, but it's still good.

Either way, all Jill Stein did here is give Bernie leverage to get something from the DNC. There's no way he'll actually run.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Trump is the GOP Presumptive Nominee as of tonight. There will be no contest convention.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

The brilliance of this is astounding!

I scratch my head when I look at the numbers of people who actual turn out to vote during these primaries, it is a fraction of the 300 million who live here. I understand their apathy, I have never voted myself. The whole lesser of two evil's nonsense never worked on me, either you support a candidate or you don't.

That being said Sanders is not actually a democrat. He ran and has done a surprisingly good job, I mean really it is quite epic. The elite must be surprised, they thought they could get Shillary in with the whole first woman president strategy. Now within her own party she is barely beating someone who was unknown to most of America at the start of this.

More than anything we need attention brought to the 3 party candidates, I would be surprised to find Sanders and Stein disagreeing on much, other than his questionable ideas in regards to foreign policy.

If he truly wants to move this country in the right direction, he will accept Jill's invite and run third party. Honestly I have had my doubts about Bernie as noted with my concerns about his foreign policy, but other than that he is the first candidate I have voted for.

We all know the DNC is going to Shillary, the super delegates have given that away, now with Cruz dropping out there is no way for Trump to run regardless of the RNC and we will be forced to choose between Trump and Shillary. I have no concern for Trump he is a joke the elite through out there to divide the masses and guarantee Shillary a victory, really Sanders running third party is the only way we will not end up with Shillary.

It could awaken the other 60% of America from their slumber of apathy.

edit on America/ChicagoTuesdayAmerica/Chicago05America/Chicago531pmTuesday9 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaYote

I just wanted to let you know I thoroughly enjoyed reading your posts; an absolutely refreshing attitude.
Welcome to ATS, SeaYote!

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Bernie would rather just bow out and make sure a Democrat won (even Hillary) than split the Democratic vote, ensuring a Republican win.

I suspect that is what he will likely do. it will be a huge upset and disappointment as she Stands for everything he claims to be against.

It will just prove to me he was full bs and not worthy of being called the dnc Ron Paul.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
Hillary would explode.

So there's no downside?

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Either way, all Jill Stein did here is give Bernie leverage to get something from the DNC. There's no way he'll actually run.

Well...rats. I starred your post (like I usually star your posts) but then I got to that bit above. Can't take back my star, but I strongly disagree with that projection of yours. I think he will run, and I think it will continue to be a USA election that will go down in history forever.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   
A DEMOCRACY with the most UNDEMOCRATIC voting process ever. yeah ok

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: MEDIKATED

Yep. Seems that after this debacle the whole term "democracy" will have to be redefined. Because the old definition just isn't anymore.

Kinda like the word "gay" used to mean "happy." "Democracy" will now stand for covert corruption, oligarchs buying politicians, rigged elections with the facade of voting rights for some people (if their papers are in order and they can afford to get to the polling place), violence and riots in the streets, and whoever has the biggest mouth. I'm sure the rest of the world will be clamoring at our borders to show them how we did it!!!

edit on 5/4/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Bernie has integrity but he's still a politician. He can accomplish more of his goals by not running and instead making Hillary adopt a policy or two than he can by running and potentially splitting the vote.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I love it. That's a strong ticket.

I still wonder what disenfranchised republican voters are going to do if they don't support trump though.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join