It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mandela Effect, AKA "I don't want to be wrong"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Lysergic
It was trending on FB.

I remember when Facebook was owned by Mark Zuckerman and his pig.

Quod est agens Zuckerman

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
I remember Tony Blaine and Gordon Bennett being Emperors of the United Kingdom Empire too.

Hmmm. I think you are either crazy or living in another time line.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
X-men.... is that like Caitlyn Jenner and friends?

I remember when Caitlyn Jenner was a dude and won the World Cup.

And was on the Corn Flakes box.
She was a rooster back then.
In that dimension.
edit on b000000312016-05-03T15:13:43-05:0003America/ChicagoTue, 03 May 2016 15:13:43 -0500300000016 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
And was on the Corn Flakes box.

It was Korn Flakes.

And they rocked.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

You beat me here by a microsecond.

(I wish I could "LOL.")

The real issue here is that the whole thing has reminded me (and I am not referring to any given member) what a deep swath of real psychosis runs through our culture.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
The real issue here is that the whole thing has reminded me (and I am not referring to any given member) what a deep swath of real psychosis runs through our culture.

I remember when Anthony Perkins starred in Psychosis. That was a great film and I liked the scene in the claw foot tub.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
Begin Short Rant.

Scientific articles are linked, peer reviewed even, and those posting them are told they just don't understand because these people just KNOW they are right, and science can't tell them they are wrong. Then the people backed with science are told they are trolls, shills etc and they they aren't having honest debate because they aren't open to the possibility that universes are merging or the the USA is changing our memories. You know, because to undermine our ability to stand up to them we have to think Eli Whitney was a black man and that Vader said Luke instead of No. That makes a ton of sense...

These people don't recognize the circular logic/logical fantasies they employ and are blinded by their own want to not have to admit that our human memory is a crappy thing and most of use get a lot wrong a lot.

End Rant.

So, why not just pop into one of these "logical fantasy" threads and say this one time? Why keep going back for more? That seems more like you want to the sole source of what is right.

Get over yourself. Unplug from the net. Let the "special snowflakes" and X-men wanna bes have their fun. You won! And you ARE right So you don't havva be wrong. EVER! This rant grants you a free pass on all these lame threads you keep showing up on--just post this link and over. Easy.

End Observation
edit on 3-5-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: soul dilemma/dilemna

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   

I remember when Anthony Perkins starred in Psychosis. That was a great film and I liked the scene in the claw foot tub.

I thought that was called Psychobabble ... and it was his last film, right? Before he died last year with Vince Vaughn in that tragic dirigible accident?

EDIT TO ADD, just for kicks, /s

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

I remember when the X-Men where the Ex-Men.

I remember when, 'Tenderfoot' was called, 'Sugarfoot' in the UK. Today's scribes would have you believe that it was called Tenderfoot in the UK and Sugarfoot in the US but that's not strictly correct, at the start it was Sugarfoot in both countries. No Mandela effect there, just someone got it wrong..ish.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

... and why should ray or I or anyone else "avoid" these threads? That's what so many of the believers want ... they want to spout nonsense and personal irrelevancies while attacking any member who says otherwise AND THEN whine and cry about how mean the rational reasonable people are between breaths of calling us "shills" (against T&C), "trolls," "disinfo agents," and my personal favorite given the circumstances "narcissists" ...

Some of these folks regularly stomp the ATS T&C into the mud ... one of them brought a comment that I had made another totally unrelated thread back to the discussion and proceeded to call me everything but a White guy.

Why is that okay? Even in speculative forums ... aren't we ATSers STILL interested in finding the best facts possible???

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I've not got a good memory and never have much trouble admitting it.

I'm also used to countries moving around on a map of the world. They're rarely where I expect them to be BUT I would swear on everything I thought was holy that New Zealand really isn't where it ought to be.

It's hard for me to accept that I'm just being stupid when so many others are saying the same thing.

I thought Australia was further south too and I seem not to be alone in that either.

I recently dug out a very ancient atlas and had a look, fully expecting Australia and New Zealand to be where I thought they should be. Imagine the shock when I saw they were in their 'new' locations. I don't know how anyone nobbled that atlas when it's been boxed up for years and was old when I acquired it.

I must be in an alternate reality

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

I thought that was called Psychobabble ... and it was his last film, right? Before he died last year with Vince Vaughn in that tragic dirigible accident?

Are you talking about the Heisenberg Disaster? I remember that.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Are you talking about the Heisenberg Disaster? I remember that.

Exactly! I'm starting to believe that all those experiments with the Ether-Scope to make that Schrodinger cat invisible to psychometry must have something to do with all this funny business.

Well, that and Ieusu Kriso. It is the Finishing Times you know ...

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: berenike

More than likely the flat map you used to learn the world distorted your view. Map makers do different things to make everything fit on a flat map, including move entire land masses or making them larger/smaller. A 2d flat map cannot accurately represent a globe.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
This is a rant I can support..

It's amazing to me that people are willing to believe that every media copy of Star Wars has been modified vs their memory or mind processing it wrong. Or that because people incorrectly write the title of an Anne Rice book it means we have to be living in a Fringe based alternate timeline.

I love how those that believe in this always say "my memory is never wrong" and that is such utter BS. No one has an infallible mind.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

What's the motto of the site?

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

What's the motto of the site?

and /thread.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

Or those same people claim that because they were a teachers assistant for many years (true, that happened) their memory is somehow better than everyone else's.

Memory has nothing to do with academia or intellect. Sometimes, a lot of time actually, it is just flat out wrong.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Well, that and Ieusu Kriso. It is the Finishing Times you know ...

Wait a second, I thought it was Jesus Criss Cross?

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join