It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mandela Effect, AKA "I don't want to be wrong"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
apologies

edit on 3-5-2016 by berenike because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Gryphon66
The real issue here is that the whole thing has reminded me (and I am not referring to any given member) what a deep swath of real psychosis runs through our culture.

I remember when Anthony Perkins starred in Psychosis. That was a great film and I liked the scene in the claw foot tub.

And the scissors.
Anthony Parkinson ran with them.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

I remember when Muhammad Allie had Perkinsons.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Yeah!
He was in that movie 'Black to the Future'!

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Yeah!

Yeah: Part IV

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Yeah!

I really liked the Toyota Doc Browne drove.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Yeah!

I really liked the Toyota Doc Browne drove.

He did Toyota..... Michael Jackson Browns sister?

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

This timeline is making my head hurt.

I need a Tielownol.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

But it fills up thread space with drive-by, one-liners and no substance. And they get repetitive.

"Deny ignorance" is a two-edged sword like many concepts. Yes, there are special snowflakes. Yes, there are mis-remembered items and memory is not infallible. But if many people are being affected, why not try to see, what, if anything, is actually happening? Because it is not all just "circular logic" and the desire to be right.

The fact is, as of now, there is no way for somebody to experience somebody else’s experiences. So how can one prove that another is not remembering correctly? A meaningless argument until somebody gets hurt.

Maybe OP, try summarizing your ideas from multiple posters? Please continue to participate because I'm wrong. Often. Or I'll have ill thought out ideas. I have no desire to be right--just respectfully listened to. Which is what I think others are not feeling is happening to them--they are feeling singled out. Hence all the "non-warm and fuzzy feelings" going around over there.

Raymundoko, I called it like I saw it (my post to your rant). I did not mean any ill respect just pointing out what I observed. I apologize. Sorry for any hard feelings because that was not my intention.

[ETA: I am trying to think of a way to have a 'thought experiment' so all can kind of see what an epistemological dilemma this subject brings up. Maybe there can be a way around? Still trying to think it up so it is easy enough to understand but at the crux of the problem. Input is always welcome! Probably tomorrow.]

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

But it fills up thread space with drive-by, one-liners and no substance. And they get repetitive. 

Well that does it.
I am taking a thyme out.

Wouldn't want to interfere with the 'substance' of the Mandela Effect.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Well that does it.
I am taking a thyme out.

In my timeline we call that 'hitting the herb'.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I did not think of starting or ending with a joke (face palm)! Did I mention that rhetoric is not one my strong suits? I can do philosophy and science fairly well. Literature if push comes to shovel. But public speaking and rhetoric... :loser:

Thanks for helping to cut the tension, butherguy!

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

originally posted by: Lysergic
It was trending on FB.

I remember when Facebook was owned by Mark Zuckerman and his pig.

I remember that pig, and so does David Cameron. David Cameron remembers it with very much affection.

I heard the pig squealed on him to the press

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

"Denying ignorance" fills up the screen? Well, perhaps ... but I think that you'll find that neither ray's posts nor mine (nor any other rational person's) in that thread consisted of empty one-liners ... nor information about our childhood anxieties, our psychic powers, etc. etc. Guess what, we didn't waste every post on passive-aggressive BS, name-calling, and attempts to intimidate, which, you may have noticed, is what the majority of the posts that were addressed to either of us consisted of.

You're going to bring the same vapid arguments here? No thanks.

We do see what's happening: people are being people; and people make mistakes.

Yes, I can state clearly that if someone remembers the heart in a different location in the body, or Sri Lanka where Madagascar is, or any of the other such rot, the most reasonable explanation is that they are simply not remembering the facts correctly.

(See? I just did.)

There is no "epistemological" dilemma (nor any dilemna). Reality exists.
edit on 3-5-2016 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
Of course everyone wants to be right, but it's a fascinating phenomenon imo.

I remember hearing James Garner had died around ten years ago, and when he did actually die, it was a wtf moment.

Reading that there are 50 states in the U.S and not 52 as I always believed, well that could be down to not paying attention in school.

For the 50 states thing, as a UK member the only reason I remember how many there are because of the song "51st State" by New Model Army in the '80's that suggested the UK was state #51.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I've never posted on one of these threads, but I will have to join up with the mistaken memory/perception group of folks, which to me is rather obvious that this is what is occurring -- in this whole little non-phenomenal phenomenon.

However, I do respect the right of others to be completely and unmistakably wrong.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Edit: A thousand apologies. I am in the middle of my first cup of coffee...
edit on 4-5-2016 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Do you mind posting some science that shows how obvious it is? Anecdotal conjecture obvious does not make.

Er. I think ladyinwaiting is on the side of reason and logic here ... read again maybe?

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

See, I was mistaken. Here is me wiping the egg off my face.

Or:

Nope, this changed and I was moved between timelines. From my point of view I was right.

Also, lifted from your post in the other thread:

edit on 4-5-2016 by raymundoko because: format

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

LOL ... some of us make mistakes and we're okay with that.

Isn't that a great resource in regard to this question? If you aren't familiar with Dr. Loftus, you'll find a lot of great information in her work and that of her colleagues at UoC Irvine.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join