It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mandela Effect, AKA "I don't want to be wrong"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Not in mine, it was Gash.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Yeah, well I bet he still kills it on Sweet Child o' Minecraft in your timeline too.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Yeah, well I bet he still kills it on Sweet Child o' Minecraft in your timeline too.

No, but he absolutely nailed the crap out of 'Savoury adult of yours'
edit on 4/5/16 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Weird! I was almost certain that Axle Rhodes was the lead singer for that group.

You thinking of Firearms N' Flowers?

I thought that was the roleplaying game that everyone got so upset about back in the 80s ...

Something to do with 60s radicals who went underground and discovered real magic and monsters?

Or was it Majick and Moonstars ...

/sigh this is so confusing.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I wasn't there for that
, but false memory has always fascinated me ever since it happened to me. Like I have said in previous posts I still have vivid memories of my childhood tree house. Pictures show it vastly different than my brain remembers it. Since I have seen the pictures though my memory has mostly corrected itself. It's so funny how that works.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
a reply to: Gryphon66

I wasn't there for that
, but false memory has always fascinated me ever since it happened to me. Like I have said in previous posts I still have vivid memories of my childhood tree house. Pictures show it vastly different than my brain remembers it. Since I have seen the pictures though my memory has mostly corrected itself. It's so funny how that works.

I hear you. The funny thing is that seeming "reality shifts" were one of the interests that brought me into the ATS sphere.

One of several, admittedly, but ...

As opposed to the folks that think that I (or I would guess, you) are scared of a little reality challenge, I'd wager that I've been in more "alternative head spaces" than any of them.

I would also admit that I was completely caught off-guard by the absolute VITRIOL that making a simple statement like "the simplest explanation is ..." brought down from some folks.

I haven't even seen that from some of the atheist or equal rights posts I've made. In fact, that discussion contains some of the first real vicious "insults" that I've ever seen here at ATS.

Ah well, I'm rambling. Thanks for starting the Rant.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I'm sure the Mandela Effect was once known as the Mandala Effect, you've all got it backwards.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   
You guys are so funny, so far I made the most serious post on here and nobody responded to it. The Mandela effect is what brought me here and it's not just misspelled words. You guys are all acting like jackasses. Do you don't believe fine. I don't believe in ghosts, Aliens, NWO or any of that other nonsense but I don't go to the threads and mock those who do.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: BoxFulder
...but I don't go to the threads and mock those who do.

Neither do I. This thread was set up for the purpose of ranting about that invented affect.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: BoxFulder

Man that's freaky.

I remember you saying that the Mandela effect was all hogwash and baloney..

Now you say it's real!

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: BoxFulder
You guys are so funny, so far I made the most serious post on here and nobody responded to it. The Mandela effect is what brought me here and it's not just misspelled words. You guys are all acting like jackasses. Do you don't believe fine. I don't believe in ghosts, Aliens, NWO or any of that other nonsense but I don't go to the threads and mock those who do.

Couldn't you find it in your heart to mock a flat earthen in one of their theeads?

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Couldn't you find it in your heart to mock a flat earthen in one of their theeads?

Well call it 'flat earthen' in my timeline too. We also worry about the rogue planet Kneebaroo causing mass extinctions on earth.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus
must be your faulty memory(irony?) I never said that at all. I have posted on the original Mandela thread and laid out my personal case for it. Things I have experienced made me question it
edit on 1392016xMay000000Thursday05America/ChicagoThu, 05 May 2016 21:21:07 -0500 by BoxFulder because: expansion of thought

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: BoxFulder

It was a joke buddy, you didn't get it.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
It was a joke buddy, you didn't get it.

In my timeline you are funnier.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Harsh.

But fair..

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   
For me personally it's not about being right or wrong-if you distinctly remember something being a certain way-or definitely not being a certain way-it is what it is.That is how you remember it being.I don't claim to know the reason for all the discrepancies people notice lately,but i wouldn't assume that all of them has just plain faulty memory.Maybe because i had much strangeness in my life since earliest childhood,i keep a more open mind.Whatever's going on,IF there's actually a freaky explanation for this phenom or a mundane one-we all have to get through one thing-the present day.So in general,although one can speculate,its always better to give most of your energy to the day at hand.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

I've had my own one just recently, although I doubt anyone here will have the same memory.

It's to do with an Australian Football League coach, who I swear used to play for the team he now coaches, but he never did.

I guess the difference is I accepted that I'm wrong, instead of coming up with a convoluted alternative timeline scenario...

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
It is funny. .... people have also tried posting false or sarcastic made up changes, and no one jumps on the bandwagon..... why is that? Hmmmm

We dont seem to take the bait when someone makes up a fake one.....

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: hidingthistime

Huh? All of yours are fake ones. You just have a bad memory and refuse to accept that.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join