It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans have the bathroom issue backwards

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
But to be fair...this isn't just a trans issue. This is an issue where everyone is affected and therefore, everyone has a vote.

Actually no one was effected. I challenge you to find ONE case where a male-to-female transgender individual entered a woman's restroom and assaulted/raped/molested a woman or girl.

Go on.... I've got all the time in the world.
*insert Jeopardy theme*

PS It has to be in the United States, the only one I could find wasn't a bathroom it was a women's homeless shelter and that was in Toronto, Canada.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: darkbake

If this guy went to the mens room, who exactly will try to prevent that?

If you don't have an answer, your point is bull#.

Why create a law that's near impossible to enforce in the first place? Regarding an issue which involves a vast minority and no citizens were being harmed?

If you don't have an answer....well, you know the rest.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain

You're right. Liberals and SJWs never shut up. There's always a new issue, new complaint, new "fight" lurking around the corner.

"To the Batcave!!!!!!"

Oh, now now. ONLY Liberals? Yeah, because Conservatives are the social crusaders who are always on the right side of history.

* For the record, I don't subscribe to one side or the other. I'm all about logic and personal freedom. Silly me. Now I'M the deviant.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Metallicus
Since you posted this in another thread, I will post my reply here as well.

It is an easy, binary issue based on if you have a 'Y' chromosome or not. Just because you want to ignore basic logic doesn't mean the rest of us are willing to suspend reality for you.

Yes, it is true that biological males have one X chromosome and one Y chromosome (though that does get messed up). It is not your DNA which determines if you are male or female, but it certainly has a wide influence on other physical, cognitive and other characteristics. All of which will determine who you are.

Anything else is illogical and makes no sense to me.
It may be reasonable that relating to the transgendered can be difficult. Requiring that they conform to your sensibilities is not.

And at the end of the day, the country is changing itself for 0.3% (in 2011 according to Gary Gates of the Williams institute UCLA so maybe 0.4-5% now) of the population.

In the end your response is just another way of saying nature vs nurture.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyvalkyrie

a reply to: darkbake

If this guy went to the mens room, who exactly will try to prevent that?

If you don't have an answer, your point is bull#.

Why create a law that's near impossible to enforce in the first place? Regarding an issue which involves a vast minority and no citizens were being harmed?

If you don't have an answer....well, you know the rest.

Yep, I agree. the ones who originally brought this up are idiots.

The most controversial part of the ordinance would allow transgender residents to use either a men’s or women’s bathroom, depending on the gender with which they identify. The bathroom provision sparked the most opposition, with opponents mostly worried about the safety of women and girls in a public bathroom with people who were born male. Supporters said those fears were overblown, and that transgender people are at risk of violence in the bathroom. Read more here: www.charlotteobserver.com...=cpy

The militant LGBT mafia seems to have been behind this.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Charlotte passed a non-discrimination ORDINANCE, which basically overtly denies discrimination against a person for using the restroom which best fits their gender identity.

Governor Pat McCrory signed a bill into LAW that nullifies local authority to define and deter discrimination. A law that requires people to use the restroom corresponding to the gender on their birth certificate, a law which would be impossible to enforce. You would have to 1. suspect the person of using a restroom that doesn't correspond to their birth gender...then 2. detain that person and....3. inspect their birth certificate- which no one just carries around.

How about, instead of worrying about weiner and cootch inspections...we take all this time, money and effort and actually work to prosecute REAL rapists and child molesters????

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

And at the end of the day, the country is changing itself for 0.3% (in 2011 according to Gary Gates of the Williams institute UCLA so maybe 0.4-5% now) of the population.

America, Republic, not Democracy.

1 individual has same value as 1 million.

Science says its real. Nature - - - nothing to do with Nurture.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyvalkyrie

I am all for it. Having to talk about this is idiotic. Pat McCrory said that, and I agree.
Like the facts state, if Charlotte hadn't made this an issue, it would not have been one.
And backtracking to say they removed the bathroom part is disingenuous, since that was what sparked this whole debacle.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   

. . . if Charlotte hadn't made this an issue, it would not have been one. . . .

That's one of the dumbest things I've ever read.

Hey! Let's tell San Francisco they can't make laws that accommodate their specific demographic.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Hey! Let's tell San Francisco they can't make laws that accommodate their specific demographic.

wait what? are you saying there is a difference between NC and San Francisco?

Be careful, you might get close to understanding this.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

wait what? are you saying there is a difference between NC and San Francisco?

Be careful, you might get close to understanding this.

State making blanket law - - - that local demographics can't take care of their specifics.

Pretty simple.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
This entire issue is stupid. No other word describes it any better. It's stupid.

I'd say we are trying to create a solution without a problem.

When you go to the restroom, do your thing, wash your hands and be on your way.

We've been going potty with transgender people this whole time and it never became an issue until politics got involved.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
This entire issue is stupid. No other word describes it any better. It's stupid.

We've been going potty with transgender people this whole time and it never became an issue until politics got involved.

this.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

So many things wrong with your post... where do I begin?

The trans community has not created any problem. They just want to go to the restroom in peace, without being forced out or assaulted. It is the rest of us who have caused the problem.

Scientifically, gender dysphoria is a real thing. Look at the medical studies that have been done on it. Science says it's real and NOT a mental illness.

If anyone should have to pay for new restrooms, it should be the people who are hung up about being in the same restroom with a transgender person. Those are the people causing the problem. They are the ones who want the restroom to themselves.

There is quite a bit wrong with your post...and it is simple. Forever there were Men's and Women's rooms. The trans community decided to dress differently, have their bodies altered, etc. And let me be clear with this...I'm not saying that they shouldn't have done so, I'm simply pointing out that it required a decision, effort and money. It was intentional. So...now that there are people who "changed the game", it is their responsibility.

Someone has to now determine what actions to take to solve the problem that community created. This wouldn't have been the case if NOT for that community and their actions. So...while it is on them and will cost money, time, etc...there is no reason that the bill should be footed by anyone but them. Much like a woman who can't afford a child because she is on welfare. If she decides to have the child knowing she can't afford to support the child, it shouldn't be the responsibility of the public to pay for what she decided to do...or not do.

But with all that said, I agree a solution needs to be found. But the solution can not be "do whatever you want" because it affects other people and they have as much, if not more of a say than the trans community.

No offence meant...just my views and I'm sure that of many others.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Oh, I think its more then just politics.

It's religion trying to force their belief.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I'm not sure if it was asked in here already, but we rail on about "if she looks like a woman, treat her like a woman", but are all ok with Fallon Fox, the transgender mma fighter, putting the best down on natural born females?

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: rollanotherone
I'm not sure if it was asked in here already, but we rail on about "if she looks like a woman, treat her like a woman", but are all ok with Fallon Fox, the transgender mma fighter, putting the best down on natural born females?

There's a thread on that.

This is not it.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Nope! It is people voicing their beliefs. Be that due to religion, race, whatever...it is their belief. And if you want the views, opinions and beliefs of the trans community considered, you better consider the views, opinions and beliefs of the rest of us. There are no "special" rights...everyone is equal. Correct?

Now...if you are calling religion your enemy...then don't be at all surprised if they call you theirs. So maybe at least try to hide your hate. You may find that others will respond in kind.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

Nope! It is people voicing their beliefs. Be that due to religion, race, whatever...it is their belief.

In what states?

Q.Are there state and local laws that clearly prohibit discrimination against transgender people?

A. Yes. California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Illinois, Iowa, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, Oregon, Rhode Island, Vermont, Washington, and the District of Columbia all have such laws. Their protections vary. For example, Nevada’s law bans discrimination in employment, housing, and public accommodations like restaurants, hospitals, and retail stores; Maine’s law covers those categories plus access to credit and education.

At least 200 cities and counties have banned gender identity discrimination, including Atlanta, Austin, Boise, Buffalo, Cincinnati, Dallas, El Paso, Indianapolis, Kansas City, Louisville, Milwaukee, New Orleans, New York City, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Pittsburgh, and San Antonio, as well as many smaller towns.

The governors of Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, New York, and Pennsylvania have issued executive orders banning discrimination against transgender state workers. Some cities and counties have also protected their transgender public employees through local ordinances, charter provisions, or other means. People discriminated against by public entities on the basis of gender identity might also be able to argue that the government’s action was unconstitutional.

www.aclu.org...
edit on 3-5-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Don't talk about the 'Y' chromosome. Evolutionary science has no place in this conversation. it's all about feelings, and mental issues.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join