It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans have the bathroom issue backwards

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 03:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain

Like you said, I think you're giving us humans too much credit.

You might be correct. I might be way off in my judgement here. I don't think so, but it's possible I guess.

I'm all for letting it play out and see what happens. Then we'll know for sure who's right and who's not.

That may sound bad but I don't think it will be any different than it was before. I think those who act illegally will be the same as it was and it will make no difference at all. I don't think this is enough for anyone to exploit in to anything they can't already do. Those who try will be caught all the same without it helping them. Because the legal protection only matters in court or in legal battles and that will have to be proven anyway. The reason pervs get caught is because people are the first to notice them or not notice them and people don't care about the law if they think someone is a perv. They won't care what the law is if someone acts in a way that seems suspect.

The very nature of "deviance", is to push the limits of societal norms and laws, to achieve a goal.

Deviants will deviate. Which means that if such laws were nationwide...the incidents have a probability of increase. I think past "possibility".

But that has yet to be seen.

Funny how we survived SO FAR with any such laws or ANTI laws being created.

But I guess people need something to do. Now it's a national/international discussion.

Priorities I guess
edit on 395am3103America/Chicago15CDT03America/Chicago by BatheInTheFountain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 03:29 AM
link   
It should also be pointed out that there is no law stopping anyone from using the opposite bathroom of their sex. Nothing specific to that being a crime in and of itself. It's more of a social norm.

So this law isn't really changing anything. Doing something illegal while using the wrong bathroom is and always was illegal so this doesn't change anything. Illegal is still illegal. Anything else is based on the situation at hand.

I do agree though that this isn't really something needing legal attention in most cases. People should be able to handle this like they always have. Because now we have laws going against this one too which make it even worse on people. All this is causing more problems than we had originally I think.
edit on 3-5-2016 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 03:36 AM
link   

It should also be pointed out that there is no law stopping anyone from using the opposite bathroom of their sex. Nothing specific to that being a crime in and of itself. It's more of a social norm.

So this law isn't really changing anything. Doing something illegal while using the wrong bathroom is and always was illegal so this doesn't change anything. Illegal is still illegal. Anything else is based on the situation at hand.

But do you not agree that new laws open up new possibilities and envelopes to push? Do you not agree that the nature of "deviance" is to thread the societal/legal needle?

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I'm not versed in the specific laws of genders using the opposite genders bathroom, flat out, with no hint of blending in.

But I would like to see what would happen if I chose to hover inside the women's bathroom at my gym and refuse to comply.

or in a public library, or the L.A. County courthouse downtown.

Maybe I should try it?

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Here in Los Angeles there are loads of public facilities, with bathroom AND showers.

Maybe I should film myself in the girls showers at the numerous public beaches here?

Or walk into the ladies restroom at the county JAIL and hang out for a half hour?

Since it's not "illegal" and only a "courtesy".

I wonder how that would go. hmmm
edit on 409am3103America/Chicago15CDT03America/Chicago by BatheInTheFountain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 03:49 AM
link   
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

To me I can only think of it making a new possibility when it comes to being in court though. But that comes after where the real difficult part is at which is convincing people that you should be allowed in that area.

If there is any doubt or if someone thinks you're just a perv in women's clothing, law or no law you're in some deep sh*t at that moment. That is what is going to make or break you literally and that is no different with or without this law. Which is basically the way it was anyway. Legally, anyone can use the opposite bathroom now as long as you don't act a fool or doing anything illegal while doing it. So this doesn't change much.

Someone will of course try something. They always do. People are clever when it comes to being a sleazy a-hole. But I doubt it will be anything more than usual if it works at all in the first place.

But over reacting to it and passing even more laws to combat this one is going to be a problem. I don't know how they even plan to enforce it. How do you check the birth gender of anyone using the toilet??? How is that supposed to work?? Cops in every toilet and shower checking gender id's??? Because that's just creepy and invasive all by itself.

The whole thing is just madness.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Yes, the WHOLE thing is madness.

And this discussion didn't even exist a month ago.

And we were concerned with people chopping heads off and kidnapping sex slaves.

Now....this.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Here in Los Angeles there are loads of public facilities, with bathroom AND showers.

Maybe I should film myself in the girls showers at the numerous public beaches here?

Or walk into the ladies restroom at the county JAIL and hang out for a half hour?

Well that is the grey area. Why would you hang out for a half hour??? That you would probably get at least trespassing or lewd and lascivious or something. Because that is creepy and not allowed. But if you had some emergency and had to use the ladies and didn't do anything crazy then technically you committed no crime.

It's all something that can change from one case to another and that is how it should be IMO. Having set laws to try and cover all possible cases doesn't work well. There has to be some flexibility in some things. Especially social matters. This is where people just have to be adults sometimes and figure things out without having to plead to some authority to figure it out for them.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Yes, the WHOLE thing is madness.

And this discussion didn't even exist a month ago.

And we were concerned with people chopping heads off and kidnapping sex slaves.

Now....this.

Yeah. It's a strange world we live in sometimes.

If only everything was as easy as figuring out if cutting off heads should be allowed or not. That would be simple.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Well that is the grey area. Why would you hang out for a half hour??? That you would probably get at least trespassing or lewd and lascivious or something. Because that is creepy and not allowed. But if you had some emergency and had to use the ladies and didn't do anything crazy then technically you committed no crime.

It's all something that can change from one case to another and that is how it should be IMO. Having set laws to try and cover all possible cases doesn't work well. There has to be some flexibility in some things. Especially social matters. This is where people just have to be adults sometimes and figure things out without having to plead to some authority to figure it out for them.

And THAT is a discussion on Liberal sociology, ethos, and Philosophy...which is an entirely different thread......for me to poop on.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 04:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: caterpillage
All this bathroom crap is getting old allready. And confusing.

My solution? Instead of bathrooms/restrooms designed for multiple people, have multiple single user rooms. That's a time where privacy is greatly appreciated anyway!

I would be 110% in favor of totally private acomadations.

And the liberals and the conservatives can circle jerk about the next "huge" issue.

Or...

we could really make it simple and keep it like it was: all women continue using the women's room and all men continue using the men's room. Just like we've always done.

Even Trump (of all people) realizes this is a stupid fight. If Trump passes on a chance to pander to conservatives, you know it's an especially stupid fight.

I mean this without any ulterior motive and I don't mean to be insulting...I'm speaking only scientifically and logically. I agree with you. Men in the Men's room and Women in the Women's room. But the trans community has created a problem for us all. How do you define Men and Women?

Scientifically...you will always be what you were born regardless how much surgery you have. An autopsy would discover that what looks like a man is actually a woman (for example). So do you go with the science or the appearance...birth or preference? If you go with the appearance, then a male dressed up as a female gets to use the Women's room...right? And sorry to be blunt, but a transgender person is simply dressed up much more effectively.

So now that this community has caused this problem (ie. dressing up, sex "change", etc.) how do we deal with it? I have a suggestion. When a smoker wants insurance they have to pay a higher rate. That is because they caused an added expense. So how about taxing the transgendered and build a third restroom in every establishment?

Again...not trying to be mean but that would be fair since it is only because of their choice that this problem exists and thus, the cost. So you would have a Men's room, a Women's room and a Communal room?

But to be fair...this isn't just a trans issue. This is an issue where everyone is affected and therefore, everyone has a vote.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

It's interesting that those on the Liberal side of this argument claim they don't want more laws, that nobody knows the difference anyways, and that "Republicans" caused this. (even though there are Democrats that oppose it too).

But the NC "anti discrimination" law was drafted by Liberals, spear headed by a convicted sex offender oddly, and now it's an international discussion where there was none.

Over roughly 0.3% of the entire population.

So who created this? We know who.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

So many things wrong with your post... where do I begin?

The trans community has not created any problem. They just want to go to the restroom in peace, without being forced out or assaulted. It is the rest of us who have caused the problem.

Scientifically, gender dysphoria is a real thing. Look at the medical studies that have been done on it. Science says it's real and NOT a mental illness.

If anyone should have to pay for new restrooms, it should be the people who are hung up about being in the same restroom with a transgender person. Those are the people causing the problem. They are the ones who want the restroom to themselves.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 04:34 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

No, the logical conclusion is going to end up on the BUSINESS end, as it always does.

The "Market" will react by ending gender specific bathrooms, consolidating to ONE Unisex bathroom....to cut costs, free up space...and shut everyone up.

That's what will happen if this keeps going into further scope of law. And you will have less access less choice than you did before.

edit on 442am3104America/Chicago15CDT04America/Chicago by BatheInTheFountain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 04:39 AM
link   

The "Market" will react by ending gender specific bathrooms, consolidating to ONE Unisex bathroom....to cut costs, free up space...and shut everyone up.

Call me crazy, but I suspect that won't shut everyone up.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 04:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Call me crazy, but I suspect that won't shut everyone up.

You're right. Liberals and SJWs never shut up. There's always a new issue, new complaint, new "fight" lurking around the corner.

"To the Batcave!!!!!!"

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

Ha Ha. You're funny.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

If this guy went to the mens room, who exactly will try to prevent that?

If you don't have an answer, your point is bull#.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Target is loosing billions in stocks. So, if a business wishes to be politically correct, and wants to stay in business, it had better install a smaller 3rd bathroom. Because it costs far less than the losses they're going to endure!

All companies that endanger women and children, as policy, will be dealt with and boycotted by normal people who are more than a little fed up.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Yeah, also posted on the other thread was an article about a convicted child molester who is against these inane bathroom laws. A gay man who, in his 20s, fondled a 15 year old boy. So, let's say (hypothetically) a guy such as this happens to be transgender and is forced by law to use the Men's room instead of the Ladies'. He's attracted to males!!! They just INCREASED the chances of him being a perv in the bathroom! He's not attracted to females!

I also found multiple cases of men- dressed as men- accosting girls in the Ladies' room. And men- still dressed as men- accosting boys in the Men's room.

The ONLY case I could find of a man- dressed as a woman- gained access to a Women's homeless shelter and sexually assaulted women....happened in Toronto, Canada. My, my what an epidemic.

I also noted on the other thread that everyone is so up in arms about this BS that no one is paying attention to the Trans-Pacific Partnership...take the attention off one trans and put it on another. Oldest trick in the book.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join